Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 02:39 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times

Advertisements

If there was a coup, you would see a bunch of deaths from both sides.

Not a death of a capitol police officer caused by a fire distinguisher and a death of an unarmed woman caused by security services. Plus, a few broken windows.

Wtf kind of “coup” is that in a country with hundreds of millions of guns?

Last edited by Du Ma; 01-24-2021 at 02:49 PM..

Old 01-24-2021, 02:44 PM

4,905 posts, read 2,057,413 times
Default At

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyWalkerDirtyTalker View Post
Really? Which cities were wiped off the map?
Well, where I live, Seattle is still feeling the side effects of the Summer of Love. Nine months after start of most of the destruction. Many businesses have shut down or moved out to safer locations.

The city lost a huge portion of their tax base, as most of the businesses that remain are now facing huge increases in their required insurance rates.

Since July 2020, Seattle had 200 cops retire or quit, leading to a huge spike in violent crimes that the Left still continues to downplay as if it’s all COVID related. Even the mayor isn’t running for re-election... a Priory One 911 call now takes 9 minutes for an armed cop to show up, which has led the Left for the first time in Seattle history, to buy more guns than the Right. Plus, since it’s racist to lock people up in jail, the county jail has been emptied, which led to the increase in crime.

Yes, Seattle is still here, but has changed for the worst and many people of color are out of work or forced to commute to other locations, outside of Seattle for a paycheck.

What happened in DC was shameful, but not a coup. Normally, during coups, you seize all the radio and TV station, kill the internet, “arrest” federal, States and local officials, while seizing all/most of the key government buildings. Also, in a coup, either the whole military or a good number of the Army supports the coup with heavy weapons.

If the event in DC was a coup attempt, it was the worst attempt in modern history.

Old 01-24-2021, 02:58 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,861 times
A coup of selfie-takers.

That was no coup attempt. It was stupidity by those who participated, by no coup.

Old 01-24-2021, 03:30 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
It was. I mean you don't take plastic handcuffs into a government building without intending to use them. Most of the crowd were lost idiots, but there were people that wanted to take the place and anyone that they could find.

I could be both. But mostly covid related in that more people are desperate. Cops do deter crime, but they don't necessarily stop it. I feel like the mentality with cops is "how dare anyone be mad at us" instead of "how come everyone is mad at us? Maybe we need to improve how we treat people".

I agree, people that are locked up should not be set free IF their crime was violent. I'm guessing this protocal was covid related? Seems weird to just do that.

Seatle changing is I'm sure from a combination of covid and civil unrest. Just like everywhere else. But again, you live there so I won't say you're wrong.

No, it was not. If it were, why did they leave on their own?

Old 01-24-2021, 03:31 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Yeah, a few morons roaming around in the capitol building was so very close to overthrowing the government, wasn't it? If that's all it takes, we're screwed. Andorra's military could waltz right in at any time and crush the US of A. Or maybe Latvia. Zimbabwe?

Old 01-24-2021, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Because their plan failed.

Why did it fail?

Old 01-24-2021, 03:39 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Because their plan failed.
Why do you think their plan failed?

Go on. I am here all day.

Old 01-24-2021, 03:40 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
This baffles me.

Is it the shame of the coup failing?

Are they just laying low for another future strike?

I haven’t seen one Trumper in here embrace the coup.

But why? Just because it didn’t work doesn’t mean Biden’s regime is now legitimate, right?
They're not proud because they didn't succeed lolz

Old 01-24-2021, 03:43 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
This baffles me.

Is it the shame of the coup failing?

Are they just laying low for another future strike?

I haven’t seen one Trumper in here embrace the coup.

But why? Just because it didn’t work doesn’t mean Biden’s regime is now legitimate, right?
When the full Communist tactics are fulfilled , those red states are practicing now to take back the country once their rights are gone and the Constitution is shredded and our flag gone .

JFK sent our soldiers to Vietnam to fight the spread of Communism... looks like we may have another battle on our hands right here in America.

Old 01-24-2021, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
They're not proud because they didn't succeed lolz

LOL, then why did they leave? If it were true coup, they'd still be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies