Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 05:18 PM

23,578 posts, read 12,535,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
That's fair.

Admitting that it was a coup attempt would help. Denouncing it would help.

Not all 74 million but I'm sure there many cheering it on at home including Lysol Man himself.
There are many of us on the right that hate what those yahoos did in DC. We made our feelings known on here and/or in the real world. But, that isn't enough for those on the left .. they demand we denounce constantly and for the rest of time. Meanwhile, many/most of those on the left outright refuse to denounce blm antifa and what they'd been doing. Your shtick is old. You people are the ones who need to, finally, start denouncing the bad actors on your own side before you start demanding it from others.

Old 01-24-2021, 05:18 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
So you're basically the sassy mud covered anarcho-syndicalist peasant from Holy Grail ... just with an Armani suit and a Range Rover?
Government school graduate?

An anarcho-syndicalist is not an anarcho-capitalist.

Then again, you don't know what the definition of a coup is either.

So, gonna answer the questions?:

Was it a coup?

Did you support everything that happened on 1/6?

Will you support another attempt by the same people to overthrow the government?

Old 01-24-2021, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
There are many of us on the right that hate what those yahoos did in DC. We made our feelings known on here and/or in the real world. But, that isn't enough for those on the left .. they demand we denounce constantly and for the rest of time. Meanwhile, many/most of those on the left outright refuse to denounce blm antifa and what they'd been doing. Your shtick is old. You people are the ones who need to, finally, start denouncing the bad actors on your own side before you start demanding it from others.
What side?

I don't belong to any collectives.

I didn't catch your feelings immediately after it so I'm asking here.

Was it a coup?

Did you support it?

Will you support another attempt to overthrow the government?

Old 01-24-2021, 05:32 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
Quote:
Did you support the coup?

Would you support another coup by the same people?

I mean, these are easy questions, Trumpers. Why can't I get a straight answer?
Because stupid questions directed at stupidly generalized audiences don't deserve straight answers.

But what the hell, Nazi Mega Weapons (my favorite two hrs of TV) is over so I'll play.

I laughed at the coup and took some initial pleasure in it, modulo the people that died. That sucked. Secondly it's not yet clear who "the same people" are. You don't know and I don't know. Could be leftists, rightists, pissed off 74 million-ers, centrist extremists, or anarcho-fill-in-the-blank idiots so hard to say if I support their aims.

You didn't ask the right question which is - Would you support an overthrow of our govt? ... and the answer is Yes. Conditionally dependent on who is doing the overthrowing but I wouldn't shed a tear over the disappearance of what's there now.

Old 01-24-2021, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Because stupid questions directed at stupidly generalized audiences don't deserve straight answers.

But what the hell, Nazi Mega Weapons (my favorite two hrs of TV) is over so I'll play.

I laughed at the coup and took some initial pleasure in it, modulo the people that died. That sucked. Secondly it's not yet clear who "the same people" are. You don't know and I don't know. Could be leftists, rightists, pissed off 74 million-ers, centrist extremists, or anarcho-fill-in-the-blank idiots so hard to say if I support their aims.

You didn't ask the right question which is - Would you support an overthrow of our govt? ... and the answer is Yes. Conditionally dependent on who is doing the overthrowing but I wouldn't shed a tear over the disappearance of what's there now.
Thanks for your candor.

But why did you not support the coup on 1/6 if you now admit you want to see a coup that is "conditionally dependent"?

Who would you support overthrowing the government? The Cub Scouts? The Elks Club?

Old 01-24-2021, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Government school graduate?
Yeah I actually made it into college so I don't have the privilege of calling myself a "graduate of life". Not that you said this but I've heard this before from people who use words like 'statist' and 'anarcho' and demand definitions from lowly unthinking sheep who went to "govt schools". I'm not saying that's you ... but I've heard this theme before from people who shouldn't be taken seriously and in fact should be avoided. Really the kind of people who should be mocked on the internet for a few posts and then ignored. Not saying this bears any connection to the conversation you and I are having now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess
An anarcho-syndicalist is not an anarcho-capitalist.
Duh ... hence your Range Rover and Armani suit. Yes I know you're very INTO this absurd identity and it makes you defensive but read more and defend less reflexively so my jokes can land. And stop badgering like an attorney which you aren't because you have to go to "govt school" to get that way. Unless it's a sheepskin from the University of Life Law School.

Old 01-24-2021, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Yeah I actually made it into college so I don't have the privilege of calling myself a "graduate of life". Not that you said this but I've heard this before from people who use words like 'statist' and 'anarcho' and demand definitions from lowly unthinking sheep who went to "govt schools". I'm not saying that's you ... but I've heard this theme before from people who shouldn't be taken seriously and in fact should be avoided. Really the kind of people who should be mocked on the internet for a few posts and then ignored. Not saying this bears any connection to the conversation you and I are having now.

Duh ... hence your Range Rover and Armani suit. Yes I know you're very INTO this absurd identity and it makes you defensive but read more and defend less reflexively so my jokes can land. And stop badgering like an attorney which you aren't because you have to go to "govt school" to get that way. Unless it's a sheepskin from the University of Life Law School.
Soooo...no answers?

Okie dokie.

Thanks for the "education" though.

Old 01-24-2021, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your candor.

But why did you not support the coup on 1/6 if you now admit you want to see a coup that is "conditionally
I'm still with you. For now. But if you use 'statist' again or even think of dropping John Galt into the covo then I'm outta here.

I live in Austin. How do you think I could have 'supported' the coup on 1/6? Grab my AR, hop on a Southwest flight to DC and come out blazing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess
Who would you support overthrowing the government? The Cub Scouts? The Elks Club?
Yes. The Cub Scouts. Seriously these are far more honest people imbued with more genuine love for this country than any of the narcissistic self-aggrandizing blowhards in Washington. Every one of them has forgotten the names of their fathers as the gunslinger would say. Not the cub scouts. They know.

Hard to know who would do the best job with the place post-coup. Pretty clear to me who wouldn't though. Maybe we start deductively ... how about that?

Nobody with an ideology. Nobody who calls themselves an activist. Nobody who's a fundamentalist about anything. Nobody who is a taker and nobody who brags about being a maker. Nobody who believes in group rights. Nobody who thinks we're "all in this together". Nobody who thinks life should be fair. Nobody who believes there's a thing called hate speech. Nobody who believes in natural law. Nobody who says they know what God wants. No vegans. No zealots. No -ists, no lawyers or political scientists, nobody who hasn't served in the military, no actors or artists or otherwise fluffy dreamer people who are untethered from the surface of the planet.

Cub scouts. Looking pretty good.

Old 01-24-2021, 06:22 PM

23,578 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
What side?

I don't belong to any collectives.

I didn't catch your feelings immediately after it so I'm asking here.

Was it a coup?
It wasn't a coup. There was no takeover of leadership. Take over of power, maybe for a tiny bit since while they were in there they had some power in keeping congress out for a short while. Maybe it should be likened to 'taking coup' rather than a full on coup.

Do you believe it was a coup? Do you feel the same about blm antifa, who are doing similar?

Quote:
Did you support it?
No.

Did you support it? Or support what blm antifa has been doing?

Quote:
Will you support another attempt to overthrow the government?
"Another attempt"?
I didn't support that group on the 6th, I see no reason to support them in the future, even more so if they receive the training that antifa seems to have received, who are apparently teaching what they'd learned to blm.

Do you support either side trying to overthrow the government?

Old 01-24-2021, 06:27 PM

Quote:
I'm still with you. For now. But if you use 'statist' again or even think of dropping John Galt into the covo then I'm outta here.

I live in Austin. How do you think I could have 'supported' the coup on 1/6? Grab my AR, hop on a Southwest flight to DC and come out blazing?

Yes. The Cub Scouts. Seriously these are far more honest people imbued with more genuine love for this country than any of the narcissistic self-aggrandizing blowhards in Washington. Every one of them has forgotten the names of their fathers as the gunslinger would say. Not the cub scouts. They know.

Hard to know who would do the best job with the place post-coup. Pretty clear to me who wouldn't though. Maybe we start deductively ... how about that?

Nobody with an ideology. Nobody who calls themselves an activist. Nobody who's a fundamentalist about anything. Nobody who is a taker and nobody who brags about being a maker. Nobody who believes in group rights. Nobody who thinks we're "all in this together". Nobody who thinks life should be fair. Nobody who believes there's a thing called hate speech. Nobody who believes in natural law. Nobody who says they know what God wants. No vegans. No zealots. No -ists, no lawyers or political scientists, nobody who hasn't served in the military, no actors or artists or otherwise fluffy dreamer people who are untethered from the surface of the planet.

Cub scouts. Looking pretty good.
Deflection shields up!

So yeah, a lot of contradictions on your end. And no answers.

BTW...Rand loathed Rothbard and AnCaps.

I learned that outside government schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies