Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 07:43 PM

35,512 posts, read 17,690,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Pull your tongue out of his behind, would you please?

Yes, modesty is a great trait I should vote for or even like a president! LOL!
What?

Old 01-29-2021, 07:47 PM

4,941 posts, read 2,188,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
No one in politics can truly be modest in the usual way it's meant. Anyone in politics has to be pushy and self-promoting to begin with. But it was nice that in the days following the election, and really even in the debates, Boden was calmly saying he believed "we" had won, while Trump was making unfounded declarations that "I" had definitely won.

During the inauguration, I noticed something again. While Trump poses to milk applause, sometimes waving, and sometimes even clapping to make people keep on applauding, Biden began to speak before the applause even died down. And when he finished, he immediately went to his seat, not having Trump's desperate need to make people cheer. Very welcome change.

I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a *****. (Laughter.) He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time

Yup, modest. And never brags.

But, he sure as hell likes killing jobs.

Last edited by Mad_Jasper; 01-29-2021 at 08:36 PM..

Old 01-29-2021, 07:51 PM

7,076 posts, read 4,675,340 times
He wasn’t like that before the election. I think it’s his guilty conscience.

Old 01-29-2021, 07:57 PM

68,276 posts, read 54,010,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
Haven't Secret Service complained that Biden would like to swim nude while both male and female Secret Service agents were present.....Now That Says Modesty like nothing else.

Actions vs. Words. Which is more powerful?

Source?

Old 01-29-2021, 08:04 PM

19,212 posts, read 15,083,434 times
Lol! Corn Pop, Nelson Mandela, challenging contests of physical strength, snapping at and insulting people at rallies... Doesn't he threaten to take people out behind the shed to kick their butts on a weekly basis?

Old 01-29-2021, 08:10 PM

2,630 posts, read 2,648,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Lol! Corn Pop, Nelson Mandela, challenging contests of physical strength, snapping at and insulting people at rallies... Doesn't he threaten to take people out behind the shed to kick their butts on a weekly basis?
Biden is ever so amazing and modest. I know when I tell people I’m taking them behind the gym to beat the crap out them or I call people junkies, others look at me in amazement and exclaim how modest I am. I just tell them I learned it all from my Uncle Joe while I was sitting on his knee grabbing his leg hair. He didn’t tell you about the leg hair thing, did he?

Old 01-29-2021, 08:12 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,460,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
What?
Sarcasm.

I could not care less about the personality of the politicians. I vote for them for their policies.

Old 01-29-2021, 08:24 PM

22,281 posts, read 11,778,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Source?

https://www.radio.com/blogs/jeff-kat...service-agents

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ts-girlfriend/

You could have found this info on your own. Don't you know how to use Google?

Old 01-29-2021, 08:32 PM

25,591 posts, read 56,250,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a *****. (Laughter.) He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time
Not stated above is that Biden was representing the position of the US and the International Community.

The reality is:
Quote:
Vice President Joe Biden did urge Ukraine to fire its top prosecutor, with the threat of withholding U.S. aid. But that was the position of the wider U.S. government, as well as other international institutions.

• We found no evidence to support the idea that Joe Biden advocated with his son's interests in mind, as the message suggests. It's not even clear that the company was actively under investigation or that a change in prosecutors benefited it.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...n-and-ukraine/
People, we've got enough trouble in this country - we don't need to continue to spew mischaracterizations and wink wink statements with the intent of conveying or leaving an impression which is the EXACT OPPOSITE of the truth.

And, if the intent of this statement was an example of bragging - Trump did more bragging his first day in office than Biden has ever done. When Trump brags - which is all day every day - 99% of the time it is LIE.

In the above instance, Biden tells the truth. He did in fact strong-arm Ukraine AT THE BEHEST OF THE US AND THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY.

Old 01-29-2021, 08:39 PM

19,212 posts, read 15,083,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
Biden is ever so amazing and modest. I know when I tell people I’m taking them behind the gym to beat the crap out them or I call people junkies, others look at me in amazement and exclaim how modest I am. I just tell them I learned it all from my Uncle Joe while I was sitting on his knee grabbing his leg hair. He didn’t tell you about the leg hair thing, did he?
Lol, I was going to bring up his remarkable leg hair, but then I decided he may have been being just factual there, not necessarily bragging. Just trying to be fair here.

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 01-29-2021 at 08:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies