Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 05:21 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times

Advertisements

No one in politics can truly be modest in the usual way it's meant. Anyone in politics has to be pushy and self-promoting to begin with. But it was nice that in the days following the election, and really even in the debates, Boden was calmly saying he believed "we" had won, while Trump was making unfounded declarations that "I" had definitely won.

During the inauguration, I noticed something again. While Trump poses to milk applause, sometimes waving, and sometimes even clapping to make people keep on applauding, Biden began to speak before the applause even died down. And when he finished, he immediately went to his seat, not having Trump's desperate need to make people cheer. Very welcome change.

Old 01-24-2021, 05:29 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Are you one of those people who is triggered by clapping, and gendered pronouns???

Old 01-29-2021, 03:29 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Are you one of those people who is triggered by clapping, and gendered pronouns???
No. Are you?

I'm just appreciating someone who doesn't swagger around personally claiming credit for everything, elbowing others aside to be shoving himself in front, and declaring arrogantly "Only I can fix it."

Old 01-29-2021, 04:50 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
No. Are you?

I'm just appreciating someone who doesn't swagger around personally claiming credit for everything, elbowing others aside to be shoving himself in front, and declaring arrogantly "Only I can fix it."
Kind of like Clinton.

Old 01-29-2021, 06:22 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,951,679 times
Haven't Secret Service complained that Biden would like to swim nude while both male and female Secret Service agents were present.....Now That Says Modesty like nothing else.

Actions vs. Words. Which is more powerful?

Old 01-29-2021, 06:23 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
No one in politics can truly be modest in the usual way it's meant. Anyone in politics has to be pushy and self-promoting to begin with. But it was nice that in the days following the election, and really even in the debates, Boden was calmly saying he believed "we" had won, while Trump was making unfounded declarations that "I" had definitely won.

During the inauguration, I noticed something again. While Trump poses to milk applause, sometimes waving, and sometimes even clapping to make people keep on applauding, Biden began to speak before the applause even died down. And when he finished, he immediately went to his seat, not having Trump's desperate need to make people cheer. Very welcome change.

Yep.

Because that's who Biden is, and that's who Biden's followers are, vs. Trump and his followers.

Old 01-29-2021, 06:24 PM

2,445 posts, read 1,067,711 times
Quote:

Lmao

Old 01-29-2021, 06:28 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times
Quote:

He just reads his lines. Has to keep up with the prompter. The last line was likely "take your seat".

Old 01-29-2021, 06:28 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:

Pull your tongue out of his behind, would you please?

Yes, modesty is a great trait I should vote for or even like a president! LOL!

Old 01-29-2021, 06:36 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,677,824 times
How many people were at Biden’s inauguration to begin with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies