Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2021, 05:59 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times

Advertisements

Here is CNBC's "live" coverage of the Biden inauguration. When you watch the part where he's taking the oath (starting at about 2:51), notice how some of the people in the background appear and disappear. Watch the young lady in pink, or the woman wearing a mask with a floral-print design, or the Asian man in the dark mask. They're there, then they're not, then they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39vj...CNBCTelevision

So what gives? It certainly does look like Biden took the oath twice, with different audiences, and the two tapes were spliced together. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2021, 06:06 PM

18,727 posts, read 7,604,328 times
Trump took it twice on Jan. 20, 2016. Chief Justice Roberts screwed it up the first time, in front of the mall full of people, so they did it again a few hours later indoors.

Doesn't matter. Trump became President at noon that day, whether the "proper" oath was recited or not.

And if something went wrong somehow with Biden's oath, the same thing applies.

Old 01-24-2021, 06:09 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Trump took it twice on Jan. 20, 2016. Chief Justice Roberts screwed it up the first time, in front of the mall full of people, so they did it again a few hours later indoors.

Doesn't matter. Trump became President at noon that day, whether the "proper" oath was recited or not.

And if something went wrong somehow with Biden's oath, the same thing applies.
I'm not saying that Biden didn't become president as of 12:00 noon. I'm saying that a "live" broadcast appears to be a compilation of two separate events. "Live" and "pre-recorded" contradict each other. I'm wondering if that's what happened here, and if not, then what's the explanation for the appearing-disappearing people in the background.

Old 01-24-2021, 06:17 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,280,794 times
While the bug in the upper right says "live," there's no way of knowing if this is a compilation video because it was posted after the fact.

Also, with very long camera lenses causing all items, near and far, to be in focus, people can seem to be very close to other people when in fact they are not.

The woman in pink is there the whole time, IMO. It's just that when the camera selection changes, she moves off screen to the right.

Of course, conspiracy theorists gotta conspiracy. Although I don't know how, even if Joe somehow took the oath twice, this gets us to the evil Satanic child eaters and Trump coming back to declare martial law...

Old 01-24-2021, 06:18 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,709 times
I honestly think it's just the camera angles. You see people gathering around before it. Flower mask girl seems to be right behind them, so you see her when the camera is straight ahead. Other shots show from the side, so you see the other people who are close but out if the straight on angle and because of where flower mask girl is, you don't see her at that angle.

Old 01-24-2021, 06:57 PM

20,865 posts, read 9,529,660 times
I watched it live on ABC News. Didn't look like anything weird to me. They switched the camera angle around a bunch of times, but I don't see people appearing and disappearing in each separate camera angle.

Old 01-24-2021, 07:13 PM

5,278 posts, read 6,210,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrian View Post
While the bug in the upper right says "live," there's no way of knowing if this is a compilation video because it was posted after the fact.

Also, with very long camera lenses causing all items, near and far, to be in focus, people can seem to be very close to other people when in fact they are not.

The woman in pink is there the whole time, IMO. It's just that when the camera selection changes, she moves off screen to the right.

Of course, conspiracy theorists gotta conspiracy. Although I don't know how, even if Joe somehow took the oath twice, this gets us to the evil Satanic child eaters and Trump coming back to declare martial law...
I am assuming they restricted camera points more than normal because that was quite noticeable several times. At different moments Klobuchar, Blount (think it was blunt to the right) and Pelosi looked like they were in immediate vicinity to Biden then when they went to a front shot they were obviously 10-20' away. I think your explanation of the long camera vantages 'flattening' apparent distances makes sense,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies