Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 09:52 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,146 times

Advertisements

it looks for all the world like trumps fractioning the republican party himself..he needs to shut up he has not learned a thing he is still the big baby bully its a remarkable thing to witness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2021, 10:23 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
After the Capitol attack, lots of people do not trust Trump. They think he'll make another try at insurrection if there is any way he can get back into our national politics again.

Many people also believe Trump deserves to be punished for attempting to subvert a legal election and for attempting to overthrow our government.
If he isn't punished, the thought goes, there's nothing to stop someone else from trying to do the same, even if Trump himself never does again.

Who gets punished? The people who broke in and vandalized, or the people who urged them to go do it? That's another question, and there a lot of people who want the inciters to be punished as much as the head-bangers.

All so it's less likely to happen again. No one appears to be grateful for getting off easy, so there's a feeling that the punishment has to be severe enough to make folks stop and think before they assault the Capitol, or any of our government's buildings, again.

Trump's attempt was the first in 204 years.

The Capitol has always been our nation's most revered building, where anyone could go and from the galleries watch our government do its daily work. Where the free and open government by the people lived, unthreatened, for over 200 years.

Old 01-24-2021, 10:32 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,882,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 556senditTX View Post
So many posts about Trump. Trump this, Trump that. CNN and every news channel still grasping onto Trump like their lives depend on it. I mean, for a bunch of people who claim to loathe him and wanted him to disappear, yall sure do manage to keep him front and center. Kind of like a obsessive psycho ex-girlfriend...
Haven’t seen anything in CNN about Trump. I mean they mention the impeachment trial, but that’s just news.

They typically didn’t air much Trump stuff even when he was in office.

So not sure where you are getting your info ???

Old 01-24-2021, 11:07 PM

1,199 posts, read 734,783 times
So why don't you just ignore the posts then OP?

Old 01-24-2021, 11:12 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 556senditTX View Post
So many posts about Trump. Trump this, Trump that. CNN and every news channel still grasping onto Trump like their lives depend on it. I mean, for a bunch of people who claim to loathe him and wanted him to disappear, yall sure do manage to keep him front and center. Kind of like a obsessive psycho ex-girlfriend...
I was just saying that. He's been out of office for a week and you would think they would be excited about their little Joe Biden presidency but they're still obsessed with him and Trump supporters.

Old 01-24-2021, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I was just saying that. He's been out of office for a week and you would think they would be excited about their little Joe Biden presidency but they're still obsessed with him and Trump supporters.
I’m just not seeing this. Everything is totally about Biden and his quick work, it’s all over the news. The only stuff about Trump is related to his impeachment trial or the arrests of his supporters. And that is only a small fraction of the news. There isn’t a bunch of media trailing him in mar-a-lago or wherever he is, they aren’t posting photos of his golf outings anymore, he isn’t making many headlines on Drudge or CNN online. No tweets to report on or stuff like that.

Things are refreshingly Trump free.

I think his supporters WANT to think he’s still relevant... but really, that’s just in their world.

Old 01-24-2021, 11:28 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
It's almost a golden rule, if ever I'm not sure what I should support and like, whatever democrats hate most is what I should like the most. So democrats really hate Trump you say ?

Old 01-24-2021, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It's almost a golden rule, if ever I'm not sure what I should support and like, whatever democrats hate most is what I should like the most. So democrats really hate Trump you say ?
Ok, so you will do whatever democrats say? Well then, I am here to inform you that Democrats really want you to continue posting about Trump.

Old 01-25-2021, 01:01 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,995 times
Trump needs to be accountable for all his abuse of power and attempted coup of our country.

Old 01-25-2021, 02:17 AM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Trump GOP devotees all will be tarred with the Trump brush for a long time - years. Also the stain of the attempted coup will be on them as well. Trump alone was going to be the “bloody shirt” used against the GOP and then he gave the attempted coup — the gift that keeps on giving. If Trump has his way, he will try to be on the front pages every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies