Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 09:08 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times

Advertisements

ALL natural resources like oil, gas, gold, WATER, etc., should be NATIONALIZED. The benefits should be for ALL the people. Extraction and delivery could be licensed on a non-profit basis to companies to provide jobs.

But like in my town there's one of the largest gold strip mines in the country. It is a FOREIGN (Canadian) company RAPING our land and resources to the tune of 3,000+ oz of gold and 27,000 oz of silver each MONTH. While providing about 30 jobs for equipment operators. All that profit goes to canadian interests. Our town and state would be a lot better off if the govt wasn't allowing foreigners to steal our assets.

Our WATER supply in my town is owned by a Canadian company, EPCOR, which is wholly owned by the city of Calgary, which in turn overcharges us for our American water! How has our govt allowed this exploitation of american resources to occur?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2021, 09:08 AM

45,379 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Good. The prices are being kept artificially low at taxpayers expense, creating unnecessary emissions. Let the EV market take off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
My favorite is all the guys driving the jacked up diesel monster trucks, but not hauling or towing anything! lol

My favorite are the guys who think all that's being talked about is oil used for transportation and discount that used for home heating, generating electricity and manufacturing (both as a raw material and a power source).

An increase in price for oil impacts all of those and has direct and an indirect influence on the economy.

I'd think that having a couple fairly recent recessions caused by high energy prices would instill some wisdom but it seems I'm overly optimistic.

Old 01-27-2021, 09:09 AM

955 posts, read 611,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
ALL natural resources like oil, gas, gold, etc., should be NATIONALIZED. The benefits should be for ALL the people. Extraction and delivery could be licensed on a non-profit basis to companies to provide jobs.

But like in my town there's one of the largest gold strip mines in the country. It is a FOREIGN (Canadian) company RAPING our land and resources to the tune of 3,000+ oz of gold and 27,000 oz of silver each MONTH. While providing about 30 jobs for equipment operators. All that profit goes to canadian interests. Our town and state would be a lot better off if the govt wasn't allowing foreigners to steal our assets.
Agree on all points, I'm sick paying for foreign oil and giving money to oily oligarchs ... ban private energy!

Old 01-27-2021, 09:16 AM

2,445 posts, read 1,067,711 times
Biden has stated he wants to end oil industry..this is just the beginning.

Old 01-27-2021, 09:18 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Where are these free markets you guys speak of?
I am not aware of any subsidies. Hence the question.

Please provide us a list so that we can discuss.

Old 01-27-2021, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger84Ag View Post
I say good riddance. They pollute our rivers and oceans, steal our money, jack up my gas prices and then relocate their HQs to Canada or Saudi Arabia. End it now.

Old 01-27-2021, 09:19 AM

45,379 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimumingyu View Post
I say good riddance. They pollute our rivers and oceans, steal our money, jack up my gas prices and then relocate their HQs to Canada or Saudi Arabia. End it now.
What Japanese oil companies moved their headquarters to Canada and Saudi Arabia?

Old 01-27-2021, 09:20 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger84Ag View Post
He can start by grounding Air Force One and his limos, and by turning off the furnace and electricity in the White House.

Old 01-27-2021, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
What Japanese oil companies moved their headquarters to Canada and Saudi Arabia?
I am an American serving her country overseas - how about you?

Old 01-27-2021, 09:24 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,734,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
He can start by grounding Air Force One and his limos, and by turning off the furnace and electricity in the White House.
He can convert it to electric....oh yeah right it would take so many batteries it would be too heavy to fly, or would have to go from the nearest airport to airport to recharge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies