Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 10:40 AM

527 posts, read 319,864 times

Advertisements

Insane is that this thread exists and that its title even used the word "insane."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2021, 10:41 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,651,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Another day -- another title/thread with misinformation.

Keep it up guys -- your record is going strong.

That's another reason we are so divided, so much misinformation out there. And people take the misinformation as gospel, and spreads it without any fact checks.

Old 01-27-2021, 10:45 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,575,531 times
This is no different to me than the idiots I still see flying Trump flags. They are trying to prove some point that is completely irrelevant at this stage. I have never called it by that name - I use Covid, Corona, Covid-19.

It's not China's virus. They don't own it. It's a world wide pandemic. Regardless of where it started, it's creating chaos for everyone. If you think there will be reparations from China because that is where this started - you are about as stupid as I suspected.

Old 01-27-2021, 11:05 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
WTF?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...m-china-virus/

INSANE: Joe Biden Signs Executive Order Banning the Term “China Virus”

...This was one of his 37 executive orders in six days....

Tweet
RΞ4L ✪
@P8R1OT
·
17h
A dictator signs 37 Executive Orders in 6 days.

Not a President.
"The order applies to federal agencies and public health documents and resources."

If you are a racist, you can still call it "China virus" all you want.

Old 01-27-2021, 11:18 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppyHeel View Post
Um, because they aren’t a xenophobic racist?
Yeah, the Chinese are immune to the CoViv-19 virus.

Old 01-27-2021, 11:32 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppyHeel View Post
This. Using the term says a lot more about the speaker than it does about the virus.
True. We know the virus got started in China's Wuhan province. Calling it "China virus" over and over, it doesn't tell me where it comes from. It tells me the kind of mentality some people have. Calling it "Kung flu" over and over, same mentality. No one has come up with a cogent point in calling it that over and over, and especially with the flippant attitude I've been seeing.

It reminds me of when former President Trump got elected. One guy put a "Mexican word of the day" meme. And the "Mexican word of the day" featured was "Hide". That wasn't funny at all. It was just a bigoted, jerk mentality I was seeing from said person. I understand not wanting people to come here illegally. However, that meme was really just a racist joke at that point. If it was meant to be a jab at illegals, it sounded more like a racist jab at Mexicans. There are plenty of illegals from other countries, as Mexico isn't the only country of origin.

There are individuals who just seem to get a kick out of being antagonistic and ugly of mind. When I've asked "what's the point in doing it?", no good answers have ever come out of it.

Old 01-27-2021, 11:34 AM

15,529 posts, read 10,499,357 times
China Virus

Old 01-27-2021, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You obviously don't understand how Executive Orders work....
True. It also says alot about the mentality of individuals who do that kind of stuff.

Old 01-27-2021, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Actually the proper term from the virus is the "Trump Virus."

Thankfully we now have the Biden vaccine to rid the Trump virus.
We could just call it Covid-19 and call it a day. I don't see any point in calling it anything else.

Old 01-27-2021, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Spanish Flu?
Hong Kong Flu"
German Measles?
Ebola (for the uninitiated that's a river in the Congo where the disease originated)?
Legionnaire's?

Sometimes I think some people, not you, were infected with the French Pox as infants.
I just use "flu", "influenza", "rubella", and "leprosy". And I know that Ebola is a river.

I really do not understand the point of calling Covid-19 "China virus" or "Kung flu" other than to be hateful and antagonistic. I really don't. All I tells me is about the individuals who use those terms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies