Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 01:34 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,532,948 times

Advertisements

If Biden accomplishes half of what he proposed to do in the campaign, that will be good enough for me.

As for what I'm expecting, I suppose that half is roughly what I would expect. More or less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2021, 01:39 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
He needs to get this virus under control, first an foremost and the economy will follow.

Old 01-28-2021, 01:49 PM

6 posts, read 1,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
lol. Y'all are proving my point. Y'all can't say one good thing Biden can do for this country. Kill the country just to get rid of Trump. Y'all sound like a bunch of Nancy Peposis out there. She has so much hate for Trump even before he got in office. It really is sad. She'd rather see the country do horribly than have anything to do with Trump.

The hate for Trump was based on one thing and one thing only.

He beat the "chosen one" Hillary.

As to the person who said Trump did not act "presidential". I somewhat agree with your thought process, but he is and was not a politician. I don't think he wanted to be a politician. I think his idea to "drain the swamp" pissed off both sides. Pubs and Dems, both rely on big business to further fill their pockets. Otherwise, how could some of these people be in there so long and get bloody rich on a congressmen's salary? He scared them. The writers of the constitution never envisioned people doing that job for a living. Basically living off the tax players.

In reply to the OP, Joe is doing exactly what his handlers want him to do. Basically what I expected to happen.

Old 01-28-2021, 01:52 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Bring back some measure of respect for the USA in the eyes of the rest of the world, which has already begun. Other than that, I don't have many expectations of him, just as I don't of most politicians.

Old 01-28-2021, 01:53 PM

6 posts, read 1,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
At seventy five years old I'm simply hoping that Biden will go the term without too much quibbling in the party with regard to politicizing every damn thing they do. The faithful will continue to worship the Trump legacy of a chaotic and disruptive government, but the president's job can be viewed as a "steady as she goes" kind of administration, mainly addressing the viral threat as government's chief duty to us all..

Trump's circus atmosphere isn't what most bargained for, even though many voted for him not knowing anything about him, the tide turned at election time, and the more thoughtful Trump supporters could not stomach the man for another four years. A boring president will be a welcome change...

While you are right that people simply could not stand Trump, there is no way in Hell I was going to vote for Biden. Much like in '16 I voted against the Democratic candidate. As bad as Trump is he isn't as bad as Hillary or Joe.

Old 01-28-2021, 01:54 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,767,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
At seventy five years old I'm simply hoping that Biden will go the term without too much quibbling in the party with regard to politicizing every damn thing they do. The faithful will continue to worship the Trump legacy of a chaotic and disruptive government, but the president's job can be viewed as a "steady as she goes" kind of administration, mainly addressing the viral threat as government's chief duty to us all..

Trump's circus atmosphere isn't what most bargained for, even though many voted for him not knowing anything about him, the tide turned at election time, and the more thoughtful Trump supporters could not stomach the man for another four years. A boring president will be a welcome change...
Again, Trump is being brought up.

Old 01-28-2021, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
If Biden accomplishes half of what he proposed to do in the campaign, that will be good enough for me.

As for what I'm expecting, I suppose that half is roughly what I would expect. More or less.
Can you be more specific of you hope he will accomplish that makes your life better?

Old 01-28-2021, 01:57 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
What Biden can do is sit in the White House in place of Trump. Believe it or not, that alone will drown-out the sound of crickets. That can make Biden a worthwhile president. Maybe in 4 years there will be a normal conservative president representing the Republican Party, and a center-left liberal representing the Democratic Party and I will not vote 3rd party.
Would you still think that if you were in oil and gas?

Old 01-28-2021, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He needs to get this virus under control, first an foremost and the economy will follow.
What do you think Biden can do that Trump didn't do? Biden is doing everything Trump did. Nothing in that area will be better because of Biden. He's not doing anything differently.

Old 01-28-2021, 01:58 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He will using Trump’s policies. Don’t worry I’m sure Biden will get the credit, but he won’t deserve it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies