Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 05:54 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,767,504 times

Advertisements

I think the left really want's a civil war - everything they do points in that direction.

Quote:

Former Attorney General Eric Holder urged Democrats on Monday to pack the Supreme Court in response to what he called a crisis of “legitimacy” brought about by the appointment of a conservative majority.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...urt-brookings/

Old 01-28-2021, 07:59 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,503,289 times
Yep that would likely be the final straw for many. Pack the courts to protect oppressive laws from being struck down. I doubted it before but I think we may even see state secession in play if the dems push too far.

Old 01-28-2021, 08:06 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
The Dems are in a panic because Trump was allowed to pick 3 justices that are supposedly Right leaning. They might be Conservative but has anyone noticed that the so called Righty majority will often "cross the aisle" and agree with the Left leaning justices. It seems that the Right leaning ones are capable of free thought and interpreting the law in a fair and just way BUT when it comes to the justices that are Progressive they always rule along party lines.

I do think the Dems are pushing for another "insurrection uprising" and they want it to be an armed one so they will then have the excuse to start banning guns.

It is odd how Biden can kill jobs and open the border with Eo's. What is to stop him from signing one that bans guns?

Old 01-28-2021, 08:54 AM

955 posts, read 612,847 times
I really hope they pack the courts with at least 33 judges.

We need the appointment of drunks like Kavanaugh and creeps like Amy to be diluted.

Pack the courts with left-leaning judges, then change the rules so it can't be expanded further.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:00 AM

955 posts, read 612,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyskies1999 View Post
Please explain how Justice Kavanaugh is a drunk. Also, please explain how Justice Barret is a creep and diluted. It is very easy to slander people you do not like. Can you can back it up with evidence?

Try being an adult and grow up.
Kavanaugh is a drunk, just watch his confirmation hearings.

I won't get into why Amy is a creep (look it up), but I said we need their appointments to be diluted by packing the SC with at least 33 judges. Potentially more so that their votes don't matter.

Frankly that is the only way to bring the SC back to being a relevant body that is representative of We The People.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:08 AM

726 posts, read 329,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Dems are in a panic because Trump was allowed to pick 3 justices that are supposedly Right leaning.
Well, really, it was the hypocracy of putting in that last Justice with only weeks to go in Trump's first term, but the Repubs blocked Obama's pick that was, what, 10 months to go for Obama's 2nd term? That, ladies and gentlemen, was BAD, no getting around it. The Repubs said "We're doing it because we can." Well, guess what. The Dems can now add 3 or more Justice positions to the Supreme Court because they can. You don't like it? Tough. The Repubs shouldn't have been so hypocritical with ramming through that third Justice.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:13 AM

8,630 posts, read 10,155,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimumingyu View Post

We need the appointment of drunks like Kavanaugh and creeps like Amy to be diluted.

Pack the courts with left-leaning judges, then change the rules so it can't be expanded further.
It's too late for people like you. Too sad.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:14 AM

1,301 posts, read 666,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimumingyu View Post

Why?
So they can legalize pedophilia and sex change surgeries for little children?

Old 01-28-2021, 09:24 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Packing SCOTUS is a terrible idea. There are only two possible outcomes:
  1. One party packs all of the federal courts to the point that they gain an unbreakable monopoly on power, which inevitably spirals into tyranny.
  2. The two parties play a game of one-upmanship until there are 1000 justices and the Supreme Court becomes a complete joke.
Both lead directly to Civil War/Revolution.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:28 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,700,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Yep that would likely be the final straw for many. Pack the courts to protect oppressive laws from being struck down. I doubted it before but I think we may even see state secession in play if the dems push too far.
Yeah, since the final straw shouldn't have been:

"We shouldn't fill a SCOTUS vacancy 9 months before the election!"
turned into
"We should totally fill a SCOTUS vacancy 1 week before the election!"

I'm not saying Democrats should pack the court. However, there should be some repercussions to what Republicans did. They either stole the Scalia seat or the Ginsburg seat. You can't have it both ways. But they did.

The thing is this, if Democrats wanted to take a page from the Republicans' playbook - if enough constituents support the idea of Capitol Riots (Republicans) or packing the court (Democrats), then that makes it ok. That's the rule they live by. They were fine with anything Trump did since the voters supported it. So, toss your ethics aside and just do what the mob wants you to do. They'll back you up at the polls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies