Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2021, 01:02 PM

8,192 posts, read 3,390,158 times

Advertisements

It is not hard to brainwash the public, and I will describe a couple of simple techniques. Just in case you have a news show with a big audience.

If you want to make someone look bad, here is how:

Everyone lies, everyone makes mistakes, everyone is stupid and ignorant on many subjects. In reporting about your target, ONLY select the times when they lie or screw up in some way. Do NOT report anything they do or say that turns out well.

When reporting about the person you like, only select things they said or did that look good. Do NOT report any of their lies or mistakes.

That is lesson number one, and it is very effective. In future posts we can talk about spinning and framing.

Have a wonderful day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2021, 01:09 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,026,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
It is not hard to brainwash the public, and I will describe a couple of simple techniques. Just in case you have a news show with a big audience.

If you want to make someone look bad, here is how:

Everyone lies, everyone makes mistakes, everyone is stupid and ignorant on many subjects. In reporting about your target, ONLY select the times when they lie or screw up in some way. Do NOT report anything they do or say that turns out well.

When reporting about the person you like, only select things they said or did that look good. Do NOT report any of their lies or mistakes.

That is lesson number one, and it is very effective. In future posts we can talk about spinning and framing.

Have a wonderful day!
You are describing modern biased media outlets which includes all but a select few of them. I have said that if a person really wants to view politics in an unbiased objective manner, the person needs to develop an internal alarm system that buzzes (or rings) when there is a bias statement made in any kind of media outlet or internet website. Perhaps the biggest trick is to set the alarm system so it can detect both conservative, and liberal statements. It seems most people turn down the alarm's sensitivity dial for one or the other.

Old 01-28-2021, 01:31 PM

8,192 posts, read 3,390,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
You are describing modern biased media outlets which includes all but a select few of them. I have said that if a person really wants to view politics in an unbiased objective manner, the person needs to develop an internal alarm system that buzzes (or rings) when there is a bias statement made in any kind of media outlet or internet website. Perhaps the biggest trick is to set the alarm system so it can detect both conservative, and liberal statements. It seems most people turn down the alarm's sensitivity dial for one or the other.
If a news source always loves one party and hates the other, then I know it's biased and not reliable. I also check the media bias websites, although I realize they can be biased in their judgements of bias.

I try to find journalists who are independent and not financially rewarded by either party. I think Matt Taibbi is relatively unbiased. And wallstreetonparade.com seems pretty good, even though they definitely have a progressive bias. But at least they are willing to criticize Democrats as well as Republicans.

I read zerohedge.com, even though I realize it's slanted towards libertarian.

I don't subscribe to anything, so what I can access is limited. But I feel that if I subscribed to something, I would read it a lot and soak up its bias.

I search a lot and read blogs of people I never heard of. But as soon as I sense extreme bias I am gone.

Old 01-28-2021, 02:04 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,026,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
If a news source always loves one party and hates the other, then I know it's biased and not reliable. I also check the media bias websites, although I realize they can be biased in their judgements of bias.

I try to find journalists who are independent and not financially rewarded by either party. I think Matt Taibbi is relatively unbiased. And wallstreetonparade.com seems pretty good, even though they definitely have a progressive bias. But at least they are willing to criticize Democrats as well as Republicans.

I read zerohedge.com, even though I realize it's slanted towards libertarian.

I don't subscribe to anything, so what I can access is limited. But I feel that if I subscribed to something, I would read it a lot and soak up its bias.

I search a lot and read blogs of people I never heard of. But as soon as I sense extreme bias I am gone.
I could have suggested Matt Taibbi. He is actually an expert at media bias. I watch and/or read The Hill. It is relatively unbias. Their YouTube channel has a slightly liberal host and a slightly conservative host sitting side by side, analyzing politics. And I have a pretty well developed alarm, the alarm that I spoke of in my last post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies