Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If a Democrat did what Trump did, would you still support them
No, regardless of party 27 43.55%
No, because they are a Democrat they can't do wrong 1 1.61%
Yes, because they are a Democrat, they can't do right 3 4.84%
Yes, precedent is precedent 4 6.45%
I'll await the evidence. 27 43.55%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 12:30 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,076,604 times

Advertisements

I have NO idea how to answer your post - I literally don't understand your answer choices.

I would never support the pointless and tedious impeachment like what is happening right now. It's not only WEAK on it's merits, it is TERRIBLE precedent to impeach a president based on NO evidence, NO testimony, NO imminent need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2021, 12:33 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,500,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
What did he say? Quote the part where he incited violence. We'll wait but we won't hold our breath.

Besides, those who committed violent attacks that day had planned to do so long before Trump spoke.

"You have absolutely no idea how real life works."

You mean before Trump started this BS of voter fraud and stolen election BS You guys can't be saved. Keep pretending

Old 01-29-2021, 12:58 PM

22,444 posts, read 11,969,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Incredibly secure!!! The most secure ever!! Any more secure and we would be talking Fort Knox I tell you!!

Demonstrably false, FYI - there is no chain of custody security on mailed in ballots. States ignored signature verification, they counted ballots that should have been thrown out and were thrown out in prior years. What a sick sick and sad joke. "Most secure", now THAT is gaslighting
Darn! I couldn't rep you again. Your post is spot on

Old 01-29-2021, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
"Dismissed on technicalities" doesn't imply there was any compelling evidence - it just means the the lawyers presenting their cases didn't do their job.

Not sure how anyone can think that a POTUS who NEVER polled over 50% approval and actually motivated people in large numbers to vote against him somehow won the 2020 election by "a lot". It just doesn't pass the smell test. Not to mention the phone calls and pressure put on Republican election officials in AZ, PA and GA to overturn the (legitimate) results. Hell even Pence to "overturn" the EC count. Oh and Bill Barr (another loyalist) saying too there was no significant fraud. It boggles the mind how significant numbers of people turn away from the obvious truth.

The POTUS may have gaslighted you but most of the rest of the population see what really happened.
ROFL!

You believe that 80 million people voted for Biden? Biden, who rarely left his basement to campaign. When he left his basement, hardly anyone showed up to see him or Harris. Even when he brought along Obama, hardly anyone came. One would have thought that since people were swooning over Obama when he ran for president with many thinking he was the Second Coming and the Messiah, he should have drawn huge crowds when he campaigned for Biden.

Don't use the virus as an excuse. There was no reason that people couldn't have come to events where they sat in their cars to hear him. Nor was there an excuse to join a car parade.

You do realize that Barr claimed that there was no fraud after only 2 days of supposedly investigating it. Reasonable and sane people know such an investigation takes longer than 2 days. IOW, he didn't investigate a thing.

Old 01-29-2021, 01:07 PM

13,057 posts, read 7,491,199 times
I kinda wish the R's successfully took the Capitol and House of Representations. The end of modern Republics and a new World.

Old 01-29-2021, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone1791 View Post
If you get an exuberant crowd pissed off enough at the Dems, I think you can expect a pretty violent reaction.
These people are not going to take it any longer.

Big tech... this year they rigged an election. They rigged it like they’ve never rigged an election before.

All of us here today do not want to see our election victory stolen by emboldened radical-left Democrats, which is what they’re doing.

We will never give up, we will never concede. It doesn’t happen. You don’t concede when there’s theft involved.

Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore and that’s what this is all about.

Take third-world countries. Their elections are more honest than what we’ve been going through in this country. It’s a disgrace. It’s a disgrace.

We will not let them silence your voices. We’re not going to let it happen, I’m not going to let it happen.

We’re supposed to protect our country, support our country, support our Constitution, and protect our constitution.

And I actually, I just spoke to Mike. I said: “Mike, that doesn’t take courage. What takes courage is to do nothing. That takes courage.†And then we’re stuck with a president who lost the election by a lot and we have to live with that for four more years. We’re just not going to let that happen.

We’re gathered together in the heart of our nation’s capital for one very, very basic and simple reason: To save our democracy.

We want to go back and we want to get this right because we’re going to have somebody in there that should not be in there and our country will be destroyed and we’re not going to stand for that.

But we look at the facts and our election was so corrupt that in the history of this country we’ve never seen anything like it.

And Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us, and if he doesn’t, that will be a, a sad day for our country because you’re sworn to uphold our Constitution.

And after this, we’re going to walk down, and I’ll be there with you, we’re going to walk down... we’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them.

Because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing...

I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.

we were going to sit home and watch a big victory and everybody had us down for a victory. It was going to be great and now we’re out here fighting.

Today we see a very important event though. Because right over there, right there, we see the event going to take place. And I’m going to be watching. Because history is going to be made. We’re going to see whether or not we have great and courageous leaders, or whether or not we have leaders that should be ashamed of themselves throughout history, throughout eternity they’ll be ashamed.

And you know what? If they do the wrong thing, we should never, ever forget that they did. Never forget. We should never ever forget.

The American people do not believe the corrupt, fake news anymore.

No, we have a corrupt media.

We will not be intimidated into accepting the hoaxes and the lies that we’ve been forced to believe.

Over the past several weeks, we’ve amassed overwhelming evidence about a fake election.

But it almost seems that they’re all going out of their way to hurt all of us and to hurt our country. To hurt our country.

But think of this. If you don’t do that... You will have an illegitimate president. That’s what you’ll have. And we can’t let that happen.

They also want to indoctrinate your children in school by teaching them things that aren’t so. They want to indoctrinate your children. It’s all part of the comprehensive assault on our democracy, and the American people are finally standing up and saying no. This crowd is, again, a testament to it.
These people are crooked. They’re 100%, in my opinion, one of the most corrupt, between your governor and your secretary of state.

I said, “That’s not the problem.†The problem is Fulton County, home of Stacey Abrams. She did a good job, I congratulate her. But it was done in such a way that we can’t let this stuff happen. We won’t have a country if it happens.

The radical left knows exactly what they’re doing. They’re ruthless and it’s time that somebody did something about it.
Make no mistake, this election was stolen from you, from me and from the country.

The Republicans have to get tougher. You’re not going to have a Republican Party if you don’t get tougher.

you have to protect our Constitution, and you can’t vote on fraud. And fraud breaks up everything, doesn’t it? When you catch somebody in a fraud, you’re allowed to go by very different rules.

We won in a landslide. This was a landslide. They said it’s not American to challenge the election. This the most corrupt election in the history, maybe of the world.

This is not just a matter of domestic politics, this is a matter of national security.

But our fight against the big donors, big media, big tech, and others is just getting started.We must stop the steal and then we must ensure that such outrageous election fraud never happens again, can never be allowed to happen again.

If we allow this group of people to illegally take over our country because it’s illegal when the votes are illegal when the way they got there is illegal when the states that vote are given false and fraudulent information.

As this enormous crowd shows, we have truth and justice on our side.

And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.

So we’re going to, we’re going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I love Pennsylvania Avenue. And we’re going to the Capitol, and we’re going to try and give.... But we’re going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones because the strong ones don’t need any of our help. We’re going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.

Nice try but nowhere did he incite violence. You also know that telling people to "fight" doesn't mean take up arms. When people say "fight back by voting" or "fight back by letting your senators and rep know you are against X, Y or Z" doesn't mean you take up arms.

Wow! You all take things so literally.

Besides, for the umpteenth time, those who were violent at the Capitol had planned their actions long before Trump spoke.

Try yet again because you failed in your attempt.

Old 01-29-2021, 01:09 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,859,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
So when someone commits a crime and is fired from their job you should just let bygones be bygones?

He incited insurrection on the Capitol.
A mob who wanted Mike Pence and Nancy Pelosi amongst others dead.
Have people lost leave of their senses?

First two lines are false.
Third line applies to you and the rest with TDS.

Old 01-29-2021, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
You mean before Trump started this BS of voter fraud and stolen election BS You guys can't be saved. Keep pretending
Again, pay attention. For the umpteenth time, states broke their own election laws. You keep pretending that nothing underhanded happened. You and your ilk don't care if your candidate won due to fraud. Just sweep it all under the rug and pretend it never happened, amirite?

Of course, you all think there was no fraud. That's what happens when one relies solely on the MSM for their news.

Besides any sane and reasonable people know that if fraud is allowed to stand, then going forward, the US will be no better than a third world banana republic. I know I want better than that. The question is, why don't you and your ilk want that, too?

Old 01-29-2021, 01:18 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,859,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Again, pay attention. For the umpteenth time, states broke their own election laws. You keep pretending that nothing underhanded happened. You and your ilk don't care if your candidate won due to fraud. Just sweep it all under the rug and pretend it never happened, amirite?

Of course, you all think there was no fraud. That's what happens when one relies solely on the MSM for their news.

Besides any sane and reasonable people know that if fraud is allowed to stand, then going forward, the US will be no better than a third world banana republic. I know I want better than that. The question is, why don't you and your ilk want that, too?
Seems like you are asking them to come off their talking points. They don't know what to say. Deer in the headlights. Kind of like Joe Biden if his teleprompter ever goes out.

Old 01-29-2021, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Seems like you are asking them to come off their talking points. They don't know what to say. Deer in the headlights. Kind of like Joe Biden if his teleprompter ever goes out.
^^^^Good points
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies