Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2021, 11:02 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
She said in a video that male blacks and hispanics are all part of gangs and that is their problem. It is not a white thing.

Where did she develop these ideas?
Yes. I saw that. Does she stereotype much? Why would a Repub care about blacks and Hispanics anyway?
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2021, 11:42 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,232,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Her district seems to be most of NW Georgia, including Atlanta suburbs. The districts leans heavily Republican and pro Trump who carried the down ticket. Greene won 75% of the vote.

No clue if voters were aware she is a whack job or perhaps it did not matter given she was over the top, pro Trump.
Not the Atlanta suburbs, further west. She represents Rome and the area north. Nearer to the Alabama border.

Old 01-29-2021, 12:01 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,342,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Her district seems to be most of NW Georgia, including Atlanta suburbs. The districts leans heavily Republican and pro Trump who carried the down ticket. Greene won 75% of the vote.

No clue if voters were aware she is a whack job or perhaps it did not matter given she was over the top, pro Trump.
I imagine that many people voted for her because on the ballot it says (R) next to her name and they knew nothing more about her than that.

That said, an alarmingly large percentage of people who vote Republican know all about these crazy conspiracy thoories and lap that stuff up like a baby desperate for mother's milk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
More like a Republican AOC.
There is being wrong, and there is being completely disconnected from reality. MTG is the latter.

Old 01-29-2021, 12:05 PM

31,013 posts, read 22,056,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
Read that newest crazy idea of hers today. What the heck! Do people not do research???

What kind of people live in her district???
Probably people like the Grand Kegal of the KKK Robert Byrd

Old 01-29-2021, 12:08 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,241,166 times
The news interviewed a couple of her constituents— and if I didn’t know any better they are a bunch of toothless, inbred rednecks... whether they disagree with her or not.

Old 01-29-2021, 12:20 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,726,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
I'd say exburbs.
Red is Atlanta MSA (which is bigger than Massachusetts)

The Northernmost MSA county on the Alabama line is the southernmost county in her district. The county to the NE is hers too, but I think those are the only two in the MSA. Not saying it wouldn't be an easy commute from her district into Marietta though, and 100% not saying it's not deeply, deeply conservative

The current boundaries aren't the worst in the world, but it does conveniently leave out Bartow county (106k people, 75% R) and cuts Pickens county (30k people, 82% R) in half.
Does anybody remember the movie Deliverance?? That part of Georgia is the southern most reach of Appalachia. I have many close relatives that live in S. Appalachia so I'm allowed to make fun of it.

Old 01-29-2021, 12:26 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,961,216 times
Hard to imagine any sane person voting for her. Crazy is as crazy does.

Old 01-29-2021, 12:32 PM

628 posts, read 286,164 times
Never mind who lives in her district, I want to know who lives in her head - because there is definitely some weird crap going on in there.

Old 01-29-2021, 12:35 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,501,834 times
Who lives in Marjorie Taylor Greene's district?

Well based on the crazy threads I see here on CD I'd say many CD posters!

Old 01-29-2021, 12:48 PM

57,235 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Good article on that district from a local newspaper back in October.

Quote:
Georgia's 14th Congressional District includes all of 11 counties -- including Whitfield and Murray -- and part of a 12th, Pickens.

Within these counties and the district there are no doubt hundreds of intelligent, successful, patriotic people who would be worthy of serving the district in Congress.

Then why is it that the last two elections for that district seat have included the following major party candidates:

• Republican Tom Graves of Ranger, who decided to turn his back on the people who elected him and quit office early in the middle of a pandemic, leaving the 14th District's Washington, D.C., office and the district offices under the supervision of the Clerk of the House of Representatives. Graves couldn't see fit to fill out the term that the residents of the 14th District granted him, resigning from Congress effective Oct. 4 of this year. Thanks to Graves, if you live in the 14th District you are currently without representation in the U.S. House of Representatives.

• Republican Marjorie Taylor Greene, who is an advocate for QAnon, a discredited conspiracy theory that has been labeled a potential domestic terrorism threat by the FBI, and who has "hours of Facebook videos" that Politico said show her expressing "racist, Islamophobic and anti-Semitic views." Greene is expected to be the next member of the House of Representatives from the 14th District. She moved into the 14th District because it would be an easier place for her to run for Congress than the 6th District. She lived in the Metro Atlanta area for most of the past two decades, and originally announced last year her intention to run for the Republican nomination for the 6th District, which consists of Atlanta's northern suburbs and is represented by Democrat Lucy McBath.
https://www.dailycitizen.news/opinio...60ff3ccbc.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies