Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 03:10 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,262 times

Advertisements

I think the band is taking a short break after the election. Only a matter of time before Biden and staff supply us with lots of ammo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 03:15 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Lauren Boebert, Matt Gaetz, Marjorie Taylor Greene. Not to mention the QAnon - Proud Boys - Televangelicals grifters who predicted Trump would win and refuse to admit Biden won fair and square. Naturally I need not elaborate about the Capitol insurrectionists.
Yup, you cannot forget that one incident of violence from the right on the capital, even though it was a one-off, and aberration. Meanwhile you certainly can ignore the last four years of "not my president" and the entire Summer of Love, riots, arson, murders, assault on the police and government buildings from the left... which I must repeat lasted all summer long.

Old 01-31-2021, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I guess they are disappointed that we didn't act like they did when Trump won in 2016. Non stop crying from them, insulting, bashing and name calling for four straight years. Other than the loons that stormed the Capital building we've remained pretty civil compared to the liberal left hate fest that still goes on today even though they won the election.
The left / liberals conveniently forget the violence their side engaged in, in 2016, after Trump won, and in 2017 on his inauguration day.

Trump presidency: Protests turn violent in Portland, Oregon

Police injured, more than 200 arrested at Trump inauguration protests in DC

https://twitter.com/jjouvenal/status/822518551777046528

A lot of American cities were assaulted, burned, and looted all summer long by the left. Innocent Americans were frightened and suffered for months of violence. Then, the politicians in Washington suffer one day of this, and suddenly they want to spring into action and punish the people involved. They completely forget how they went on all year inciting violence in our cites. Why? Because they were safe. It was only when a tiny fraction of the violence was suddenly affecting them that they took it serious.

Old 01-31-2021, 03:25 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
Can’t reason with the left wing Nazi party.
They’re all sick in the head.

Old 01-31-2021, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Can’t reason with the left wing Nazi party.
They’re all sick in the head.
Neo-Nazis, antifa, BLM, the KKK, they are all birds of a feather if you ask me. All they do is spread hate

Old 01-31-2021, 03:30 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I guess they are disappointed that we didn't act like they did when Trump won in 2016. Non stop crying from them, insulting, bashing and name calling for four straight years. Other than the loons that stormed the Capital building we've remained pretty civil compared to the liberal left hate fest that still goes on today even though they won the election.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Yup, you cannot forget that one incident of violence from the right on the capital, even though it was a one-off, and aberration. Meanwhile you certainly can ignore the last four years of "not my president" and the entire Summer of Love, riots, arson, murders, assault on the police and government buildings from the left... which I must repeat lasted all summer long.
The left is not capable of feeling shame. They are nothing more than an obsessed 24/7/365 hate machine that looks down on anyone that does not think like they do. They actively look for ways to hurt Americans, kill jobs, raise taxes, reward lazy people who make bad life decisions, look down on people who succeed in life, and promote cultures of victimhood in minority communities. Even when they're winning they are full of spite and want to destroy things. It seems like this is what a majority of Americans want in control though since they supposedly won the last election.

Old 01-31-2021, 03:43 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Neo-Nazis, antifa, BLM, the KKK, they are all birds of a feather if you ask me. All they do is spread hate
No no no. Don’t fall for that crap. They’re all pawns in the leftwing Nazi propaganda machine.
Half those people don’t even know what the hell they actually stand for, why they exist, and what they are protesting about. They have no clue at all. Just do. So they do.

Old 01-31-2021, 05:15 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
I can only speak for myself, but I have given up trying to reason with those on the far left. In my opinion, they are, overall, incapable of hearing any side but their own -- and, yes, that can be said of many on the right, too!

So although I might still chime in with my opinion if I see a post or thread that outrages me -- just to let it be known that some people are not content to just keep silent and let the so-called Progressive idiocy prevail -- I am just going to try to live my life as much as possible, ignore the "crazies" as much as I can, and hope for better in 2024. (And although I am an agnostic, silently repeat The Serenity Prayer just to remind myself that there are some things I just must endure, if not actually accept.)

Old 01-31-2021, 05:30 PM

23,568 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
The treaty states Mexicans already living in the territory (about 100,000) can remain in the acquired territory and will be considered US citizens. But a US citizen could be discriminated against for speaking a foreign language or national origin or any other reason the private discriminator saw fit at least until 1964 when "national origin" became a protected class in the Civil Rights Act. But the Civil Rights Act does not make the US a bilingual country either.
Okay. But, I saw nothing 'in that particular treaty' saying they, and all that comes here afterward, even those who come here today, would be protected from discrimination for speaking Spanish.

Old 01-31-2021, 06:11 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Okay. But, I saw nothing 'in that particular treaty' saying they, and all that comes here afterward, even those who come here today, would be protected from discrimination for speaking Spanish.
That's what I saying the treaty doesn't. It only offered citizenship to the few that were already living the territory and citizenship didn't protect from language discrimination or really any other private and most public discrimination. What protects illegal aliens from being discriminated against for causing confusion and an ear sore is "national origin" in the 1964 Civil Rights Act now being interpreted as including language, and other bogus laws passed more recently .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies