Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 12:54 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Just occurred to me exactly why the Democrats are still impeaching. I saw a late night show commercial and they were making fun of Trump. The best cover for Biden destroying the country is to keep Trump in the news cycle, getting abused by the media and Hollywood. It will take the focus off of Biden. The ignorant masses will ignore Biden if the propaganda is all about making fun of Trump.
Definitely part of it. Even Bill Maher suggest such...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2021, 12:56 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Exactly! No one os interested in holding the orange buffoon accountable for his actions. Or make sure he can’t run for office again.

It’s all about the news...

Old 01-29-2021, 01:03 PM

527 posts, read 320,004 times
Wow the trump cult will do anything to deflect from his treason & corruption.

ffs.

Old 01-29-2021, 02:53 PM
bu2

24,104 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Revenge
Its not just revenge.

Its about you and me and all other conservatives. They want to take away our rights to speak and hold jobs.

If they can do it to a billionaire president, who can't they do it to?

Old 01-29-2021, 04:45 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,364,058 times
"If they can do it to a billionaire president, who can't they do it to?"

If you are gonna give him credit for his wealth, give him credit for being a loser too. A twice impeached, losing, former president.

I was taught at a young age that my actions, good or bad will be accompanied by consequences, good or bad. It causes me to think twice before I speak or act. I have paid the price a time or two....now it's time the loser paid the piper.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 01-29-2021, 04:50 PM

636 posts, read 328,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
This is exactly the reason why.
But that will not be happening. Senate needs 2/3 majority to convict. Votes are not there. They all know it.

Old 01-29-2021, 04:53 PM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
Dems didn't seem to have a problem with 3 months of attacks and terrorism before that. They even got mad when Trump tried to defend federal buildings.

Nearly 8.5k died on Tues./Wed.(4256/4198), after Biden said the number of deaths were trending down, and what do the headlines read? Something about the Bachelor, Harris' stepdaughter modeling, a story about a UCLA gymnast, and some stuff about GameStop...

Under Trump you had:
"One-day US deaths top 3,000, more than D-Day or 9/11"
"Trump remains silent as US passes 250,000 COVID-19 deaths"

Every day it was a new "outrage" headline. As the death toll has stayed consistently high under Biden, where are the outraged headlines?

I do not know what you read, but I see plenty of headlines about the appalling death rate. Plus leading articles about how it will get worse before it gets better, a fact that President Biden has stated several times.

Indeed, I recall when the number of NEW cases was hitting 300,000 per day, with around 3,000 deaths per day.

Now, the number of NEW cases per day has markedly dropped, for instance, 166,000 yesterday, yet the daily death rate is hitting around 4,000 each day. This seems to indicate that there are mutations out there that are more deadly than before. Or, it could be also due to hospitals literally running out of beds.

Old 01-29-2021, 05:04 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Let Trump have his day in court. If he is innocent then history will reflect his innocence. Personally I believe that the DC riots happened on his watch, by his followers, who after months of total BS rhetoric by Trump, felt that they were acting on his behalf. The fact that anyone one is dumb enough to have a shred of loyalty towards a man that has no loyalty, no honor and even less class, amazes me. Trump is not and never was a Republican. I think of such dignified men as Dole, Kemp, Reagan, McCain, Bush Sr. and others and wonder just how the hell anyone can think of Trump in the same context. The man in another age would have a traveling side show selling miracle cures laced with Mercury and Arsenic.

Old 01-29-2021, 07:55 PM

1,065 posts, read 597,897 times
Quote:
Just occurred to me exactly why the Democrats are still impeaching. I saw a late night show commercial and they were making fun of Trump. The best cover for Biden destroying the country is to keep Trump in the news cycle, getting abused by the media and Hollywood. It will take the focus off of Biden. The ignorant masses will ignore Biden if the propaganda is all about making fun of Trump.
Well, is was late night, you were probably really tired. It happens.

Old 01-29-2021, 08:03 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
I'm gonna stick with trying to overthrow the federal government as the reason for impeachment.

We'll put this on standby though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies