Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 01:23 PM

527 posts, read 319,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Why do Democrats want transgender in the military?

That's an odd way to frame a question that is really...

"Why do Republicans want to prohibit able, willing, patriotic Americans from serving their country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2021, 02:09 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Because, in my experience, they are a distraction.

I served for 27 years. The last time around they were allowed to serve, we had a he/she stationed in my unit.

He was nothing but a distraction. EVERYTHING about him was always related to his gender issues. And there were constant issues. He was a complete head case. There’s a reason why in the past being trans was considered a mental disorder.

That was my experience, and the same others I know had as well.
That brief period between Obama and Trump’s respective EO’s was right before my husband retired and we were stationed in DC. Because of Bethesda/Walter Reed he encountered some of these folks. He said his experience was that the biological females who wanted to be males were generally pretty stellar soldiers and created few, if any, unit issues but the biological males who wanted to be women were a totally different story. As I recall, the term drama queens got lots use.

Old 01-29-2021, 02:09 PM

4,212 posts, read 3,759,540 times
It seems like a lot of you see the problem at face value without understanding why it is frowned upon. As I stated on the first page, its about putting others in uncomfortable situations when there are group showers, changing facilities, etc. A close friend never realized the implications either until they had to handle a situation where female troops were coming to her for advise because they didn't feel comfortable and it ultimately altered the entire moral of the unit. If this were about human rights, why would the rights of the transgendered person supersede the rights of everyone else? We dont live in a world where we have the capacity to accommodate everyone and the military has standards that need to be upheld. There is certain criteria that will prevent one from joining, but from this thread, it seems as many feel that would be discriminating against those that dont meet the criteria so I think with that said, everyone regardless of mental or physical ability should be able to join. What a joke.

I am so glad that I served my time before it got soft.

Old 01-29-2021, 02:24 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
Oh look another stupid statement has found a friend.

I want whomever has the fortitude, desire and abilities to join the military, to be allowed to.

I could care less what's going on with their private parts.

When the crap hits the fan, I want that person to be competent at their job,. Period.

Yet , they cannot for many years....

stupid statement, you figured it out.

Old 01-29-2021, 02:28 PM

6,101 posts, read 2,723,766 times
Who cares if they are transgender or gay or what have you. If they can do the job then why not let them serve?

Old 01-29-2021, 02:50 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yet , they cannot for many years....

stupid statement, you figured it out.
No,

what's stupid is transphobes thinking they can have an opinion on anything.

Old 01-29-2021, 02:51 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,882 times
I have no issue with anyone serving in the military Regardless of sexual orientation. But to fund sex operations on the tax payers dime is outrageous.

Old 01-29-2021, 02:56 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
No,

what's stupid is transphobes thinking they can have an opinion on anything.

Do you even know the reason for the military? It's clearly obvious, you have no clue.

So, I'm a transphobe because they cannot nor have the ability to do their job during the transition.

When were you in the Military, and when have you deployed?

Old 01-29-2021, 03:06 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Who cares if they are transgender or gay or what have you. If they can do the job then why not let them serve?
Because out of a 4-year enlistment between training and surgery they will be 100% non-deployable at minimum half of their enlisted time. Additionally, if receiving hormones they will be very, very limited in their ability to deploy, regardless. There is a reason soldiers who will be on all but a select few psychotropic drugs are medically discharged. They are deadweight to the military. That is on top of the entire $300,000+ price tag. Other than combat injuries, active duty service members themselves are generally dirt cheap medically (a combination of age and anyone needing a lot of medical care gets medically discharged or retired since they are non-deployable).

I would be less adverse to this if they are not allowed to physically transition while on active duty - but that is not what was signed. The problem will be that they can’t do the job - just like a diabetic on insulin can’t.

Old 01-29-2021, 05:10 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
If the military doesn't need them, the military won't hire them.

The issue has always been about qualifications vs. gender. Long before the trans began coming out, women were fighting this battle with the big brass. Once they won, the trans took up their fight.

The days of soldiery as cannon fodder are coming to an end faster with each passing year. Today's soldier is as much electronic technician as a trigger puller, and gender doesn't make much difference when a person's brain is their strongest weapon at a time when robots can be made to be stronger and more bullet-proof than any human.

When 100 modern soldiers are more lethal than 1,000 soldiers of the past, muscles no longer count for very much. Nor does testosterone overdrive.

Who fights the hardest for their children's lives? Who fights the dirtiest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies