Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 11:41 AM

21,557 posts, read 9,180,607 times

Advertisements

I was confused about this whole issue. Now I get it. You think why would transgender join the military? It's because they get their surgery (at a cost of over $300k) paid for by YOU, the taxpayer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2021, 11:45 AM

4,261 posts, read 1,511,829 times
Why should people, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race or any other factor not be allowed to serve in the United States military?

Old 01-29-2021, 11:49 AM

24,204 posts, read 16,893,747 times
Besides having to make special accommodations for trans people there are the required hormone drugs that they need to take and are to be paid for by us.

I don't have an issue with trans people serving but I don't think the tiny minority of them have the Right to make demands on the majority forcing them to change traditions etc..

Old 01-29-2021, 11:50 AM

46,162 posts, read 26,822,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Why should people, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race or any other factor not be allowed to serve in the United States military?

In this instance, it's because they would not be deploy, just not to the sand box, but basically anywhere.

Old 01-29-2021, 11:51 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,537,666 times
Oh look another stupid statement has found a friend.

I want whomever has the fortitude, desire and abilities to join the military, to be allowed to.

I could care less what's going on with their private parts.

When the crap hits the fan, I want that person to be competent at their job,. Period.

Old 01-29-2021, 11:53 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,537,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Besides having to make special accommodations for trans people there are the required hormone drugs that they need to take and are to be paid for by us.

I don't have an issue with trans people serving but I don't think the tiny minority of them have the Right to make demands on the majority forcing them to change traditions etc..
They are on the same medical plan as every other military person. If the plan covers the drugs then they are paid for, if the plan doesn't cover the hormones they are not granted special permission or money

Old 01-29-2021, 11:57 AM

4,178 posts, read 3,703,156 times
Quote:
Its not about the transgendered person, its about putting others in uncomfortable situations when there are group showers, changing facilities, etc. But whatever, the military has gone soft so I'm not surprised. I just know a close friend never realized the implications either until they had to handle situations similar to this where troops were coming to them for advise because they didn't feel comfortable and it ultimately altered the entire moral of the unit

Old 01-29-2021, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post

I want whomever has the fortitude, desire and abilities to join the military, to be allowed to.

When the crap hits the fan, I want that person to be competent at their job,. Period.
You missed the point. Did you READ the OP? They aren't doing it to serve. They are joining so that YOU pay for their surgery.

Old 01-29-2021, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post

It takes 18 months to go through the process. They aren't doing their job when they are having major surgery on your dime.

Old 01-29-2021, 12:01 PM

32,817 posts, read 19,349,571 times
Quote:
because they don't meet the standard, and they are not qualified....

only 3 out of 10 of our youth (hs grads to 25) are even QUALIFIED to enlist

as to trangender...while they are going through the transitioning process...they are NOT DEPLYABLE..... meaning they are NOT AN ASSET (ie USABLE) to the military
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies