Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 11:56 PM

18,733 posts, read 7,606,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article Linked in OP
Last year we saw a widespread expansion of vote-at-home access as a safe and secure way to participate during the COVID-19 pandemic,” Blumenauer said. “We should continue to make voting easier, not harder.”
Actually, it was shown to be not safe at all. But the party willing to massively cheat could gain an advantage that way. Which is why Democrats like these two, want to make it permanent.
Quote:
“Not later than 2 weeks before the date of any election for Federal office, each State shall mail ballots to individuals who are registered to vote in such election.”
Millions of ballots with no chain of custody whatsoever - Democrats' happy hunting ground.

Just one question: Where does the Fed govt get the authority to regulate these things?

Last edited by Roboteer; 01-30-2021 at 12:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2021, 01:03 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Well, if they do this...its pretty much guaranteed NONE of the republicans would do anything to stop it, and 99% would fully obey and comply on day 1!

Old 01-30-2021, 01:06 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Democrats introduce regulations to keep them in power in perpetually

Democrats Introduce Bill to Permanently Change the Voting System Nationwide

Congressional Democrats have unveiled a bill that would dramatically alter the political landscape in America.

The bill proposed by a pair of Oregon Democrats, Sen. Ron Wyden and Rep. Earl Blumenauer, would require that the ability to vote by mail be expanded to every voter in America in federal elections, according to a news release on Wyden’s site, which said the legislation aims “to massively expand vote-at-home ballot access, provide voters with pre-paid ballot envelopes and enact automatic voter registration.”

https://www.westernjournal.com/democ...em-nationwide/
This is the end of the country as we know it.

Old 01-30-2021, 01:10 AM

18,733 posts, read 7,606,770 times
So, nobody knows where the Fed govt gets the authority to do these things?

Old 01-30-2021, 01:19 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
So, nobody knows where the Fed govt gets the authority to do these things?

Yes, nowhere.

Old 01-30-2021, 01:50 AM

1,870 posts, read 649,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcambridge View Post
Trying to ensure that every voter can vote by mail is a questionable voting method?

Donald Trump votes by mail.

I would respect Republicans more if they just were honest. Say you don't want every eligible person to vote. Say you know that Republicans will probably lose if voting access was made more accessible and democratic, so you want to prevent this. Say that you will never agree with automatic voter registration or a national holiday on election day because you want to decrease the number of voters.

Just say it. I would respect you more for it. The faux outrage gets old....
Why not? Look at voting from a processing engineering perspective.

Process Engineering is about designing a product flow in as minimum steps as possible and often (not always) that means as efficient as possible. So let us look at the in-person voting process.

With the in-person voting process, there is Me (point of origin) and the Polling Station. Two major areas. In each area, there is always a potential for error so we will call it an 'escape point'.

If I lose my ballot and someone used my ballot to vote for a non-favored candidate, that is an 'escape'. It is a fraudulent ballot in the sense that the ballot was originally intended to be mine and to contain my candidate, but now the ballot was used for the benefit of someone else.

If the polling station lose my ballot, that is an escape. If the polling station machine shredded my ballot, that is also an escape. Basically, anything that prevented my ballot from tabulation is an escape.

With the mail-in voting process, we now have three escape points: Me, the post office (service), and the polling station.

Inside each escape point, we would install mechanisms to reduce the odds of an error, in this case it could be a fraudulent ballot. With me as an escape point, it would be my responsibility to fill out the ballot correctly. With the postal service as an escape point, it would be a secured vault to store the ballots. With the polling station as an escape point, it would be accuracy and precision in handling the ballots. Am generalizing here, but am sure the readers can figure out the details.

The process that is the most secured will earn the highest trust. Eliminate the ID check will lower that trust. Same with casting mass blank ballots or allowing provisional ballots, and so on. The more steps there are in the process, the greater the need and amount of resources to secure the progress of the ballots in order to reduce the odds of an escape (fraudulent ballots). When I was active duty back in the 1980s, I created a fraudulent ballot once. The voting officer laughed and said it was understandable because people in the military relocate often and sometimes entered in the wrong address. It was harshly classified as a 'fraudulent' ballot but the context was non-malicious so I was allowed to re-do. No escape.

Like it or not, automatic voter registration is an escape point. Voting maybe a right, but it is also a privilege. And it carries long term consequences. If I register to vote, there are only two escape points: Me and the government. But with automatic registration, the automatic part is a third sub process that could be technically flawed or human caused and neither I nor the government would know of the flaws until too late -- fraudulent ballots or a miscount. At the DMV with automatic registration, a non-citizen would be automatically registered. This would be an escape: a non-citizen that is somehow qualified to vote.

All those other methods to increase the voter counts are escape points and it does not take a genius to figure out how in each method.

Old 01-30-2021, 04:18 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
This is the end of the country as we know it.
They must be stopped at all cost before the complete the installation of the Fascim and Oppression they want.

Old 01-30-2021, 04:36 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
The goal of democrats is to disenfranchise the citizen !!!
The vote was the only way they had any power !!! Once its permanently corrupted the only recourse is insurrection !!!
That being the case, they are guilty of inciting insurrection, and isn't it interesting that is what they want everyone to believe is something being done by the GOP and specifically Trump voters !!! They are attacking the people they are supposed to be leading !!! That is tyrannical gov. designed to produce insurrection !!!
That gives them the excuse they need and want to bring down the full weight of federal and state law enforcement to jail their opposition which fuels more insurrection but if successful they illuminate their opposition !!!
Its third world banana republic giving democrats permanent power !!! The democrats can then elect their dictator and force any of their hairbrained ideas and policy onto the powerless former voters !!! This is how nations are overthrown by the communist, for those who wonder how that happens !!!

Last edited by phma; 01-30-2021 at 04:49 AM..

Old 01-30-2021, 04:43 AM

7,357 posts, read 3,527,265 times
What I don't understand is why can't we just vote online like everyone gets a government social media account and you vote through that. It would be verified by your social security number so one vote per social security number. Then the votes can be tracked and posted so that people can finally be held accountable for the candidates they voted for.it would be helpful to know from the start who the bigots and racists are. This is how true social scoring should work. This is what we desperately need to finally root out hate. Also non voters - silence is violence, we could compel the non voters to do the right thing

Old 01-30-2021, 04:44 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Of course they did. Democrats are communists who hate the United States. Just read the posts from liberals on this forum and you'll see.
That's blatantly obvious. It is either mental illness or just mass indoctrination allowed by the weak minded. They support policy that will actually destroy their own standard of living and quality of life. Madness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies