Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 07:35 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
This person has valid prescription, so what exactly makes him a "junkie?"
If he is an addict, he shouldn't have prescription from his doctor AT ALL.

But if he has prescription, he shouldn't be treated automatically with suspicion, as a potential criminal.
He was trying to get his meds two days ahead of when he should have run out of his medication.

The law is, (and I don't agree with it, I think adults should be able to take drugs they want to take) the doctor prescribes the meds, and the patient can access them when they're out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2021, 08:40 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I was at Walgreens picking up my blood pressure medicine yesterday and the pharmacy staff was giving the guy ahead of me in line all kinds of trouble getting his prescription filled, (Vicodin).

Apparently it was 2 days too early to fill, and the insurance wouldnt cover it to fill early...however the guy told them he would pay out of pocket to fill it early, (he told them he would not be able to make it to the pharmacy on the fill date, and was wanting to pick it up early).

Seemed like a reasonable request imo, and the guy was willing to pay out of pocket. It was comical to hear the pharmacist go on about 'DEA regulations' involving narcotics, (considering it was Vicodin especially...one of the weakest 'narcotic drugs! LOL) So weak in fact, there is not any street demand for it!

I was able to help this man though, I gave him the online pharmacy I use to fill my Suboxone, (they are extremely easy to deal with), but the whole incident made me laugh....here we are in 2021 and a major company (Walgreens) sees fit to comply with laws on 'narcotic drugs'. LOL I had to wonder if they would refuse service to a woman practicing witchcraft or someone that is a 'devil worshiper'?

After the guy left and they were getting my prescription ready, I jokingly asked the cashier if they kept a bible near the 'narcotic drugs' they had on the shelves, so none of the 'EVIL' leaks out! LOL
They are REAL strict with these types of drugs now. Lots of people are dying from painkillers.

And the insurance companies have gotten a lot stricter. I used to be able to fill my kids' prescriptions after 25 days. Then it went to 27. Now its 28 days.

Old 01-30-2021, 09:23 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
I was at Walgreens picking up my blood pressure medicine yesterday and the pharmacy staff was giving the guy ahead of me in line all kinds of trouble getting his prescription filled, (Vicodin).

Apparently it was 2 days too early to fill, and the insurance wouldnt cover it to fill early...however the guy told them he would pay out of pocket to fill it early, (he told them he would not be able to make it to the pharmacy on the fill date, and was wanting to pick it up early).

Seemed like a reasonable request imo, and the guy was willing to pay out of pocket. It was comical to hear the pharmacist go on about 'DEA regulations' involving narcotics, (considering it was Vicodin especially...one of the weakest 'narcotic drugs! LOL) So weak in fact, there is not any street demand for it!

I was able to help this man though, I gave him the online pharmacy I use to fill my Suboxone, (they are extremely easy to deal with), but the whole incident made me laugh....here we are in 2021 and a major company (Walgreens) sees fit to comply with laws on 'narcotic drugs'. LOL I had to wonder if they would refuse service to a woman practicing witchcraft or someone that is a 'devil worshiper'?

After the guy left and they were getting my prescription ready, I jokingly asked the cashier if they kept a bible near the 'narcotic drugs' they had on the shelves, so none of the 'EVIL' leaks out! LOL
I hope you find yourself working in retail one day so an obnoxious customer can make a snarky remark at you because you value your job and are following the law.

Old 01-30-2021, 09:42 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Opiods are a schedule 2 drug which means it's a high risk of abuse. Other drugs such as Adderall are also in that category. They are very strict on getting refills. And no they don't allow you to pay out of pocket.

Old 01-30-2021, 09:47 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:

They were following the law.

I mean, I don't agree with the law (or any State edict for that matter) but I don't expect people to risk their jobs or even their freedom over it.

Old 01-31-2021, 12:04 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
I must be missing the point. The pharmacist is upholding the rules regarding the distribution of a narcotic and you are asking about Bibles and holy water?
yes, because that is ultimately why these laws are in place! Its a remnant of our Puritanical heritage, people who use drugs are seen as 'less then, sub human, someone of low morals'...

The folks that create these laws, believe 'drugs are pure evil'

The modern concern over public safety, is imo, just a cover story...Govt is NOT concerned with 'public safety' (to this degree anyway). LOL, lets face it, the DEA cannot really come out today and say drugs are 'of the devil', people would be filing lawsuits left and right...concern for public safety is the perfect cover story...

History proves this too...just look at the old Reefer Madness movie as an example!! Would that movie prevent anyone from using drugs today? OF COURSE NOT!!

Old 01-31-2021, 02:34 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The scammers. users, abusers and losers have ruined so much for the good folks that what used to be common sense now has to be restricted with laws in place to follow or be get into trouble.

If you want to buy cough syrup at Walmart you will get carded and the same goes for spray paint, cigarettes alcohol.

In today's Covid world we have all faced restrictions as we stood outside a store waiting for someone to leave.

At a Lowes near me a few months back I was next in line to cash out and came forward from my designated 6' away spot and the cashier stopped me. She had to wipe down the plexiglass and counter after each and every customer because the state had mandated it and the store was caught not doing it by an undercover inspector.

We have lost so much and have willingly given it away to appease the Government? It is not so much the Puritans that have influenced today's world but the all controlling Government.
Big brother strikes again. Vaping is next.

Old 01-31-2021, 06:56 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
yes, because that is ultimately why these laws are in place! Its a remnant of our Puritanical heritage, people who use drugs are seen as 'less then, sub human, someone of low morals'...

The folks that create these laws, believe 'drugs are pure evil'

The modern concern over public safety, is imo, just a cover story...Govt is NOT concerned with 'public safety' (to this degree anyway). LOL, lets face it, the DEA cannot really come out today and say drugs are 'of the devil', people would be filing lawsuits left and right...concern for public safety is the perfect cover story...

History proves this too...just look at the old Reefer Madness movie as an example!! Would that movie prevent anyone from using drugs today? OF COURSE NOT!!
Not in this case. The folks that created these laws got tired of getting child abuse reports from people like me about lice infested children that didn’t eat all weekend, were wearing the same stinky filthy clothing they had on Friday, and were crying because no one had been able to wake up mama all weekend and they were worried who’d mind their little brothers today since they had to go to school.

You live in Kentucky, one of the places absolutely ripped apart by the opioid crisis. There were areas in Eastern Kentucky where they were experiencing 4-5 overdoses a week despite having such tiny populations. To say it taxed those counties’ already limited resources is quite an understatement. This was not some benign pot issue.

They could trace the addictions back to the overprescribing of legal opioids, such as Vicodin, which is why the problems clustered. This was an addiction that started with legal use of the product, not some folks deciding to get a buzz. The purpose of those laws is to prevent to the initial addiction and to regulate pharmacies and doctors from profiting from addiction they created. It has NOTHING to do with religion and, at least here in Kentucky, the laws you are snarking about had almost universal bipartisan support.

Did you not read a local newspaper, watch local/regional news, or listen to a local radio station in the last 10 years?

Old 01-31-2021, 06:59 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:

Was "the guy ahead of you" really rstevens62? You can confide in us.

Btw, the puritans were not as pure as you think.

Old 01-31-2021, 07:17 AM

45,379 posts, read 60,575,206 times
The funny thing about this thread is that if rstevens62 had been there to refill his blood pressure medication two days early he would have also been denied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies