Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2021, 06:58 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
This was not unexpected. Gun and Ammo sales have been through the roof to the point it's nearly impossible to find the specific weapon you want, or ammunition at any price.

Obama was the best gun salesman in history. China Joe and cameltoe may beat his record.

At least it puts gun dealers and manufacturers back to work.
NRA is the biggest gun saleman. They did this with Obama, and with Clinton, tricked everyone into buying more guns NOW, before it's too late. Last I checked, neither Clinton or Obama banned gun ownership.

It does not bother me that much, but I think it's kinda funny, the NRA uses their own supporters as pawns. Now that I typed it, it seems very much like Trump, bilking his supporters out of millions of donations, only to pocket the money for his own personal defense. How do you all not see you are being manipulated. 2a is not going away, and Trump is not coming back. Anyone donating money to the contrary is being scammed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

4,296 posts, read 1,555,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEAOU View Post
The stupid liberal idiots have no idea. I am hoping for a mid term that wipes them out. If you did not buy cheap and stack deep you are SOL. Ammo is so crazy priced. One can get it easy enough if you have the cash. 223 went from 199 a thousand to 700 and up. A lot of the people buying are the ANTIFA and burn loot murder animals. They are looking to over throw the US government and want arms to do it. Gun people already have stock piles. So most of the surge is on the leftist animals.
So, you're a supporter of 2nd Amendment rights, but also livid that the "leftist animals" are buying all the ammo? 2nd Amendment is for all.

Ammo has sky rocketed because of public demand, as supply and demand would predict. That's the free market for you.

29,464 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
This was not unexpected. Gun and Ammo sales have been through the roof to the point it's nearly impossible to find the specific weapon you want, or ammunition at any price.

Obama was the best gun salesman in history. China Joe and cameltoe may beat his record.

At least it puts gun dealers and manufacturers back to work.
Back to work...they can't even keep up. It is definitely one of the few positive outcomes of Democratic control.

Old 02-12-2021, 07:00 AM

29,464 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
NRA is the biggest gun saleman. They did this with Obama, and with Clinton, tricked everyone into buying more guns NOW, before it's too late. Last I checked, neither Clinton or Obama banned gun ownership.

It does not bother me that much, but I think it's kinda funny, the NRA uses their own supporters as pawns. Now that I typed it, it seems very much like Trump, bilking his supporters out of millions of donations, only to pocket the money for his own personal defense. How do you all not see you are being manipulated. 2a is not going away, and Trump is not coming back. Anyone donating money to the contrary is being scammed.
That's laughable. The NRA is filled with a bunch of Fudds. Membership has been in decline for years, I think it was close to a 40% drop in 2019.
Find some other boogieman to blame, because it isn't the NRA.

Old 02-12-2021, 07:02 AM

20,042 posts, read 20,844,919 times
They are dying(no pun) to disarm citizens.
That’s the bottom line. They don’t care about us, they care about them, they want us disarmed. For the millions of guns out there, yes millions of guns, how many are actually used to commit crimes? Exactly. May seem like everyone with a gun is out murdering and robbing when you watch the news, but it’s actually a tiny percentage.
And again, for barf inducing millionth time, banning guns will NOT stop people from getting them. And if they can’t get one, it won’t stop them from committing a crime. They’ll use a knife, a machete, a baseball bat, homemade explosive device, a cast iron frying pan, whatever. The banning would never end.

Old 02-12-2021, 07:03 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Of course they are. While I may not support the issue, every Democratic administration in the last 30 years has pushed a gun control agenda.

BLAH BLAH BLAH....

Trump pushed gun control agenda.

BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Old 02-12-2021, 07:12 AM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Of course they are. While I may not support the issue, every Democratic administration in the last 30 years has pushed a gun control agenda.

BLAH BLAH BLAH....

Trump pushed gun control agenda.

BLAH BLAH BLAH.
Are they all lying?

Old 02-12-2021, 07:17 AM

1,601 posts, read 866,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
The White House Is Working on Gun Control Agenda

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki opened her daily briefing Thursday by announcing President Biden, Domestic Policy Advisor Susan Rice and other officials will be working on gun control policies over the coming weeks.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...genda-n2584600

Not surprising in the least, but the irony is that liberals in riot torn cities bought guns last year, many for the first time. I'm guessing though that they will willing submit to registration and restrictions because it's coming from "their own kind."

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-38297345

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...r-trump-430310

Old 02-12-2021, 07:19 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Exactly. A friend, who isn't even a gun enthusiast brought over two revolvers that he had inherited. Both were from the 50's, well maintained (other than a bent sight) and pretty cool.

Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Seeing how there's hardly ANYTHING that was made 50 years ago that's still in working order, i feel pretty safe making that claim.

That statement really cracked me up.
I still can't quit laughing at that statement. It's just plumb daffy. I don't know a single shooter (and I know a BUNCH) that doesn't have more than one firearm over 50 years old. Sheesh, 50 years is only back to 1969. I was born in 64 and I have one piece that's plenty shootable should I choose to that's 130 years old. One that's 99 and another that's 80. Those both are still slaying rodents and putting rounds through the bull on paper. The 1922 550-1 Remington 22 has been passed to my granddaughter and originally belonged to my great grandfather. My grandfather used it to feed my grandmother and he on their trek West during the Dust Bowl and for many years after.

Its had a LOT of rounds put through it. I also can't get past how that clown just had to say that we shooters are Rambo wannabes and and fell into all the usual insults as to our character and intellect. Ah yes, these anti shooter types think their brains are sooooo. big. Yet they make statements as cold hard fact like the one you quoted here. And they look to guys like Biden as their leaders. THAT'S a guy to hold up as an example of their supreme intelligence aye?

They claim to be so anti aristocracy, yet see themselves as such. Cultured, educated, and oh so superior. Yet they can't even change a tire and fall to pieces if they forget their smartphone. They can't change a tire, yet they call the triple A guy an ape? Seems to me he's ahead of them on the curve. And they want to make it illegal for folks like us to own firearms when they can't handle anything sharper than the edge of a cellphone. Sheesh, they get all their meals from Boston Market or some such because they can't even boil water. LOL, yes I'm stereotyping. Just returning the favor. Turnabout being fair play as it is.

I do look forward to seeing any response that may be forthcoming from our friend here. But the lambasting that's been given the opinions he posted may preclude any relevant response. It is rather hard to bolster complete and utter failure that has been proven beyond doubt to be such. And we should let people like this lead us and follow without question? Fascinating Captain. And most illogical.

Old 02-12-2021, 07:22 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
We've already got background checks and over 2000 firearms laws on the books. What more is needed ? What is your definition of "sensible" ?
Background checks for gun purchases is definitely an 'infringement' on our rights!

Thankfully there are plenty of guns available out there without a BG check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies