Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 04:54 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
When you support an insurrectionist you have to be prepared to suffer the consequences. Oh well.
Well, to all those dopey liberals screeching for 4 years "not my President" and starting a stupid "resist" movement AGAINST a duely elected Trump not guilty of insurrection?

Old 01-31-2021, 06:46 AM

37,212 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I really dont care about boycotting companies, but singling out individuals to boycott based solely on how they vote, is disgusting, unAmerican behavior, that you see almost exclusively from people on the left. Anyone who engages in this is a scumbag in my book. The left-wing mob comes, pitchforks in hand, to innocent people's doorsteps, and people like you come on here defending the mob.
Voting with your pocketbook has been done for centuries. If you are going to **** off half of the population, you had better have something unique to sell that all of them need, like being the only toilet paper manufacturer in the business or controlling the water supply. As long as there is a competitor offering comparable goods and services, you risk your business every time you wear your politics on your sleeve.

I have a good friend here who enjoyed Facebook, and finally quit when she realized she had to put a damper on her views for the public because her family owns a huge flour milling operation, and whatever she said would alienate customers. She is one of the smart ones.

Old 01-31-2021, 07:32 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
It's more than a disagreement on opinion. Trump incited an insurrection against our country. His own country. People died in that insurrection. It's criminal what he and the insurrectionists did. I and others will not support those who support him. Call it cancel culture. Call it what you will. I don't care. I said what I said, and will continue to withdraw my financial support from those who condone such actions.

Old 01-31-2021, 07:57 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
One of these days the Right is going to figure out how the mechanisms of capitalism work.

Oh hell, no they won't.

Carry on.
So you would like the right to start canceling the left? Heck, why don’t we all just cancel each other and then no one will be able to say anything or express any opinion. Or maybe, if we are all cancelled then nobody is. It’s nice to see another democrat support censorship and canceling people. You just continue to expose who your party really is.

Old 01-31-2021, 07:59 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Quote:
It's more than a disagreement on opinion. Trump incited an insurrection against our country. His own country. People died in that insurrection. It's criminal what he and the insurrectionists did. I and others will not support those who support him. Call it cancel culture. Call it what you will. I don't care. I said what I said, and will continue to withdraw my financial support from those who condone such actions.
Man, you leftists will not give up making up facts will you. There was no insurrection attempt in the least. You don’t try insurrection WITHOUT EVEN FIRING ONE SHOT. It was a riot, a bad on at that, but not even close to an insurrection. There would be far more bodies if it was an insurrection.

Old 01-31-2021, 08:01 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
Quote:
You and the rest of the demented avenger subverted demoralized zombies are PROJECTING the insurrection and sedition of a RIGGED ELECTION!!!!

Old 01-31-2021, 08:04 AM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
When you support an insurrectionist you have to be prepared to suffer the consequences. Oh well.
Can you rationally and logically spell out for me how exercising one's right to vote for the candidate of one's choice is in ANY WAY supporting insurrection? I'm talking a logical argument--something that would stand up in a court of law. I'm NOT looking for emotional leftist drivel, deflection, and idiocy. Let's hear your argument.

Old 01-31-2021, 08:06 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Voting with your pocketbook has been done for centuries. If you are going to **** off half of the population, you had better have something unique to sell that all of them need, like being the only toilet paper manufacturer in the business or controlling the water supply. As long as there is a competitor offering comparable goods and services, you risk your business every time you wear your politics on your sleeve.

I have a good friend here who enjoyed Facebook, and finally quit when she realized she had to put a damper on her views for the public because her family owns a huge flour milling operation, and whatever she said would alienate customers. She is one of the smart ones.
This is not the same "voting with your pocketbook" that has been going on for centuries. I could maybe see it, if this woman was a political activist online. Or even if she expressed her political opinion on he blog at all. But according to the story, she led an Apolitical online life. She did what she was supposed to do, and kept her views to herself. The left wing gastapo did some research and found out she donated money to Trump, and then they tried to ruin her life.

We may have to agree to disagree here, but I think that is evil. I would think it evil coming from conservatives too, although it rarely works in that direction. And the people here defending it, are not a whole lot better. The kind of people that do this are the worst sort of scum in our society. I just hope when bad things happen to these people in their lives, that they look back on the the things like this that they have done to other people, and realize that their loss is nothing more than the justice that the universe dishes out.

People should not be afraid to vote for who they think would best run the country. They should be able to freely give money to the candidate of their choice. I feel like we are becoming more like China, Russia, or Iran. How did we get to this place? Is this really who we are? Is this really who we want to be?

Old 01-31-2021, 08:24 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
This is not the same "voting with your pocketbook" that has been going on for centuries. I could maybe see it, if this woman was a political activist online. Or even if she expressed her political opinion on he blog at all. But according to the story, she led an Apolitical online life. She did what she was supposed to do, and kept her views to herself. The left wing gastapo did some research and found out she donated money to Trump, and then they tried to ruin her life.

We may have to agree to disagree here, but I think that is evil. I would think it evil coming from conservatives too, although it rarely works in that direction. And the people here defending it, are not a whole lot better. The kind of people that do this are the worst sort of scum in our society. I just hope when bad things happen to these people in their lives, that they look back on the the things like this that they have done to other people, and realize that their loss is nothing more than the justice that the universe dishes out.

People should not be afraid to vote for who they think would best run the country. They should be able to freely give money to the candidate of their choice. I feel like we are becoming more like China, Russia, or Iran. How did we get to this place? Is this really who we are? Is this really who we want to be?
People can freely give to the candidate of their choice. They can also freely decide who they want to purchase goods and services from. No one is under any obligation to buy products from a person or company whose values they do not agree with. Just like the Right says that people can refuse services to a person whose values they do not agree with. You can't have that happening one way but not the other.

Old 01-31-2021, 08:29 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
How many times again did we hear the phrase "fake news" in five years...?
until the moment that you comprehend that it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies