Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 12:41 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
So there were huge programs that gave free stuff to whites but not to blacks? Perhaps. Please provide sources to back up your claim because there's a whole lot of black vs white outrage that is based on lies and half-truths. Considering the era, it wouldn't surprise me, but have you taken a moment to consider the Jews and Asians? They were just as marginalized and mistreated in those days, but rather than feeling sorry for themselves or making excuses, they managed to make themselves the wealthiest demographics in the country. How do suppose that happened?
Ever time I look into their claims there is very little truth. For example many states never even had any black codes, or any of significance or enforced them going back to the early 1800s when they became a state. What might've been true in Alabama before the 1950s wasn't true every where, and has little relevance today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 12:43 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickms View Post
Is your goal simply to fill this forum with right wing threads? I am seriously asking, as you and a few others seem determined to do that...

I am trying to bring logic, fairness, and basic economics here. Just because the left wing agenda does not hold up to those criteria and should be exposed.

Old 01-31-2021, 12:45 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
And I'm saying what is the definition of white supremacy but the mainstream position? No one would have to be forced to relocate, but foreign and non-white people are forced upon us so why isn't that supremacist too?
Under laws made almost entirely by white people, the foreign people were legally allowed to move to America. African Americans by birth are citizens of this country and have the freedom to move anywhere in this country. Foreign migrants once legalized are also free to go to any part of the country. They can't be forced on you if your elected officials, the people Americans voted for into office are the ones that enabled the laws that allowed foreign migrants in.

Old 01-31-2021, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Please post one single shred of US law that mentions the race of an individual as a prerequisite to how that law is administered.

Just one, single law.

We'll wait.

Contracts with government entities require minority preference. That is fact! Many organizations are coerced into putting black people into management positions and even on the board of directors even if they are not the most qualified. That is fact! Black people are given priority in jobs and admission to college. That is fact! There are an almost infinite number of government programs which specifically are written for blacks. That is fact!

Old 01-31-2021, 12:51 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Under laws made almost entirely by white people, the foreign people were legally allowed to move to America. African Americans by birth are citizens of this country and have the freedom to move anywhere in this country. Foreign migrants once legalized are also free to go to any part of the country. They can't be forced on you if your elected officials, the people Americans voted for into office are the ones that enabled the laws that allowed foreign migrants in.
It is forced on us by the true white supremacists who want to rule over white and nonwhite both. No one is allowed to stop it. We can't even object to it openly and publicly. Wanting to be left alone and not imposed upon isn't supremacist.

Old 01-31-2021, 12:59 PM

636 posts, read 328,402 times
Funny how there no highly publicized official investigations by FBI or Justice into who running BLM. Early on it was highly suspected to be a militant Muslim group. Now, crickets.

Old 01-31-2021, 01:01 PM

527 posts, read 320,004 times
Quote:
I am trying to bring logic, fairness, and basic economics here.

No, you are not.

Old 01-31-2021, 01:17 PM

Quote:
No, you are not.

Just saying I am not does not make your statement true. There is preference in hiring of blacks especially by government entities and organizations contracting with government entities. There is preference in government contracting for black owned businesses. There is preference given to blacks in admission to public colleges. There is preference given to putting blacks on the boards of companies which contract with government entities.

Old 01-31-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewship View Post
As a black man, I will add that personally I don't think the best solution to current racial inequality as a result of past discrimination is more, "reverse discrimination". I think something else should be done to even the playing field, like a rising tide lifts all boats. However, "blacks and Hispanics are just lazy" is both offensive and counterfactual to the actual history and present of this country.

Government programs which kick in before a person is born and continue until death just reinforces dependency instead of a drive to achieve better.

Old 01-31-2021, 01:20 PM

Quote:
No, you are not.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/60299413-post54.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies