Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 07:07 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
It doesn't matter who represents Trump, only 5 Republicans even agreed to commence this trial, while 45 opposed it.
So Trump doesn't even need a defense.
All they need is a simple majority to censure, which is what they're going for now apparently.

And they've got that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 07:08 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Most news outlets have the story. Trump wanted them to push the election fraud angle at impeachment they refused and quit.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-quit-reports
At least some attorneys have a conscience
Guess he will be back to using Degenova and Tensing the Fox shills

Old 01-31-2021, 07:09 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

Quote:
Sounds like a great job for a young lawyer. Work for free for months and risk being disbarred peddling Trump's election fraud lies.
Yes. Anyone would jump at the chance! haha

Attorneys routinely drop clients who refuse to "cooperate" with their defense counsel, and that's certainly what Trump is doing.

Old 01-31-2021, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Most news outlets have the story. Trump wanted them to push the election fraud angle at impeachment they refused and quit.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-quit-reports
Proving the axiom "there's no such thing as bad publicity" false.

These lawyers tucked tail and ran when they realized how stupid they were about to be made to look. And who knows, maybe up for disbarment like the last lawyers he had. Nope. Not today, Trump.

Old 01-31-2021, 07:13 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Trump is not a "traitor". Nor did he "engage in sedition".

Keep telling yourself that. Trump whipped these idiots into a frenzy peddling all the election fraud and Dominion voting machines lies. He is culpable in all of this. If he had just accepted that he lost fair and square which he did. None of this would have happened.

Old 01-31-2021, 07:22 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Proving the axiom "there's no such thing as bad publicity" false.

These lawyers tucked tail and ran when they realized how stupid they were about to be made to look. And who knows, maybe up for disbarment like the last lawyers he had. Nope. Not today, Trump.

Its going to be very interesting if Trump finds some lawyers willing to push his election fraud insanity is how this will play out in the senate trial. Instead of just being court filings behind closed doors the past couple months all of America will have the chance to see it in the senate. I think it will be a huge disaster for GOP senators and for Trump. If election fraud is on trial and not what happened at the capital Trump could get convicted.

Old 01-31-2021, 07:37 AM

37,200 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Keep telling yourself that. Trump whipped these idiots into a frenzy peddling all the election fraud and Dominion voting machines lies. He is culpable in all of this. If he had just accepted that he lost fair and square which he did. None of this would have happened.
That would have required dignity, grace, and humanity. Those are not traits that he will ever possess.

Old 01-31-2021, 07:38 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times
Quote:
Its going to be very interesting if Trump finds some lawyers willing to push his election fraud insanity is how this will play out in the senate trial. Instead of just being court filings behind closed doors the past couple months all of America will have the chance to see it in the senate. I think it will be a huge disaster for GOP senators and for Trump. If election fraud is on trial and not what happened at the capital Trump could get convicted.
It's a real shame Marjorie Taylor Greene isn't an attorney. She'd leap at the opportunity to defend Trump and the result would be the ultimate legal circus, literally. I'd almost pay to see that ****show.

Old 01-31-2021, 07:39 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
This is from CNN, shouldn't be too difficult to verify. Yep...Trump is still on the sedition crazy train.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/30/polit...eam/index.html

Thank God he's been banned on Twitter.

So now that the serious lawyers have fled the lunacy....who is going to represent Trump at his Impeachment Trial.
Can't blame them. They don't want to be disbarred or sanctioned. Smart move.

Old 01-31-2021, 07:41 AM

57,288 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Where is DiGenova and Sydney Powell, I thought these were top lawyers. Maybe Cruz or Hawley can defend him since they seem to believe the election was rigged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies