Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 08:53 AM

20,099 posts, read 9,003,220 times

Advertisements

My guess is Wednesday...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 09:39 AM

24,468 posts, read 17,207,356 times
What a disaster that will be.

I have a very Liberal friend that owns a couple of shops and he is all for the $15 per hour mini BUT when I asked him why he doesn't pay his people that now he said if he did he would go broke. If it becomes the law I guess he will go out of business.

They will probably just write up a EO for Joe and he won't even know what he is signing.

We can only hope that someone has enough sense to not introduce this wage increase now because there are so many small business's that are just hanging on due to the Covid. I won't hold my breathe though.

Old 01-31-2021, 09:48 AM

5,650 posts, read 6,208,289 times
Hopefully soon. I generally oppose it on a national level, but regardless of whether one supports it or not, it should not be part of the COVID relief bill.

Old 01-31-2021, 09:59 AM

29,813 posts, read 24,885,583 times
China would love that. Many manufacturing jobs still pay below $15/hr. Biden would be gifting tons of new jobs to China, perhaps more than they can handle.

Old 01-31-2021, 10:03 AM

2,106 posts, read 977,573 times
I can’t see any employer paying $15 an hour full time plus benefits, it’ll,be $15 part time no benefits.

Old 01-31-2021, 10:10 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,304,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

We can only hope that someone has enough sense to not introduce this wage increase now because there are so many small business's that are just hanging on due to the Covid

They'll increase the min wage incrementally over several years. Not all at once. $1-$2 added each year. All the states which increased min wage have done so incrementally over several years. Even red states like Florida have gone to $15 min wage, with incremental increases each year.

Old 01-31-2021, 10:12 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,557,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What a disaster that will be.

I have a very Liberal friend that owns a couple of shops and he is all for the $15 per hour mini BUT when I asked him why he doesn't pay his people that now he said if he did he would go broke. If it becomes the law I guess he will go out of business.

They will probably just write up a EO for Joe and he won't even know what he is signing.

We can only hope that someone has enough sense to not introduce this wage increase now because there are so many small business's that are just hanging on due to the Covid. I won't hold my breathe though.
They voted for the cow pie sandwich, they’d better enjoy it!

I would put up a LOL sign when he goes bankrupt.

Old 01-31-2021, 10:15 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,557,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
They'll increase the min wage incrementally over several years. Not all at once. $1-$2 added each year. All the states which increased min wage have done so incrementally over several years. Even red states like Florida have gone to $15 min wage, with incremental increases each year.
Yes, that makes the idea of minimum wage sane!

Old 01-31-2021, 10:17 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
My guess is Wednesday...

So when biden negotiates and compromise he caves.

When Trump does it -- he was some master -deal maker' -- lol.

Got it.

Old 01-31-2021, 10:22 AM

29,813 posts, read 24,885,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So when biden negotiates and compromise he caves.

When Trump does it -- he was some master -deal maker' -- lol.

Got it.

When Biden talks about children rubbing his hairy legs in the pool, or when he pinches an under aged girl's nipple, the left is silent. The leftist controlled lame stream media also protected known child predator Epstein for years, even as their own reporters were presenting executives and management with crystal clear evidence that Epstein was still preying on children. It was all ignored, because you can't speak out against the leftist elites. Clinton even paled around with him on his private jet and island. Not a peep from the left about this.

When Trump says (in a secret recording) that of age women would allow him to grab their privates, he is worse than Hitler, according to the left.

The extreme hypocrisy is deafening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies