Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 05:46 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,137,616 times

Advertisements

It has seemed to me that most Trump supporters are not very knowledgeable overall, don't take much interest in things generally, and have a very narrow knowledge of news.

So this seemed to illustrate that:

For Trump’s Aggrieved Defenders, This Impeachment Confirms Everything
By Dionne Searcey

One evening this month as Ashley Klein got ready for bed and scrolled through Facebook, she came across a story about impeachment. She thought it was old news from 2019 that had somehow popped up, until she saw it was from earlier in the day. “Then I Googled it and I’m like: ‘You have got to be kidding me. Really? This isn’t happening,’” she said. “The American people need so much and we’re going to spend millions on impeachment, again.”

https://omorodionpost.com/us-politic...ms-everything/

In other words, she hadn't looked for any news throughout the day - not newspaper, not radio, not TV, not even random checking online - NOTHING until she saw her Facebook feed. That's why FB has become so dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 05:49 PM

23,444 posts, read 12,481,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
It has seemed to me that most Trump supporters are not very knowledgeable overall, don't take much interest in things generally, and have a very narrow knowledge of news.

By Dionne Searcey

One evening this month as Ashley Klein got ready for bed and scrolled through Facebook, she came across a story about impeachment. She thought it was old news from 2019 that had somehow popped up, until she saw it was from earlier in the day. “Then I Googled it and I’m like: ‘You have got to be kidding me. Really? This isn’t happening,’” she said. “The American people need so much and we’re going to spend millions on impeachment, again.”

In other words, she hadn't looked for any news throughout the day - not newspaper, not radio, not TV, not even random checking online - NOTHING until she saw her Facebook feed. That's why FB has become so dangerous.
Maybe you should get off FB. Everyone should.

Old 01-31-2021, 05:51 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,553,800 times
Quote:

By Dionne Searcey

Have you looked into your mirror lately?

Without exception, everybody who voted for Biden is either ill informed, just plain evil, or both.

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 01-31-2021 at 06:04 PM..

Old 01-31-2021, 05:54 PM

29,792 posts, read 24,876,501 times
Why not just call Trump supporters "deplorables"? We know that's what you are thinking. Other than that, do you honestly consider yourself informed and knowledgeable of what's going on in the world when you watch CNN several hours a day? You're lucky to get half the story with the typical leftist lame stream media sources that we all know you heavily consume.

Post like this from you should come as no surprise. You've spent the past 4 years attacking Trump on a daily basis with rapid fire TDS threads, sometimes 3 or 4 a day. With him out of the picture, you have no material left, so you have moved on to attacking the people that voted for him. Quite a pitiful display of chronic TDS. I guess electing Biden hasn't cured that.

Between little Clarallel's relentless TDS, and Biden's obvious "cognitive decline", it's going to be a bizarre 4 years...

Old 01-31-2021, 05:55 PM

15,816 posts, read 6,523,439 times
If there's one thing Trump has taught us, it's that we don't need 7x24 constant political turmoil. There are other elements to life that are at least as important. Just because somebody isn't well informed on the news or politics of the moment doesn't make them a problem for society. Turn off the constant Trump drivel and just enjoy the day.

Old 01-31-2021, 05:56 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,550,144 times
Lol, some people are triggered

Old 01-31-2021, 05:58 PM

18,715 posts, read 7,595,563 times
Well, well. Little clarallel has finally started a thread where she barely bashes Trump at all.

She's going after his supporters now instead.

Last edited by Roboteer; 01-31-2021 at 06:07 PM..

Old 01-31-2021, 05:59 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,675,511 times
How many of these threads are you going to start?

Old 01-31-2021, 06:00 PM

6,620 posts, read 5,005,482 times
"If there are whole chunks of populations that you only have pejorative strawman versions of, where you can't explain why they think what they think without making them dumb or bad, you should be dubious of your own modeling."
- Daniel Schmachtenberger

Old 01-31-2021, 06:01 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,208,776 times
Quote:

Just the opposite. Couldn't be more wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies