Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 10:33 PM

11,270 posts, read 11,028,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Been to south dakota. Sucks. Bunch of one armed bandit outfits. And thats the highlights. Depressing.
Why are leftists always so damn negative?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 10:43 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Not negative. Have traveled the world. Last place I would want to end up inthe world is the dakotas,

You seem to be the exact opposite. You want to be there now. So what have you done to get there?

Old 01-31-2021, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Not negative. Have traveled the world. Last place I would want to end up inthe world is the dakotas,
Nice to know that Riyadh or Mogadishu is more favorable to you.

Old 01-31-2021, 10:50 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,865,359 times
Quote:
Leftists are negative because of their introverted, cliquish and phony social environments.

Leftists are getting more elitest by the day I have noticed. I think it's hillarious how they are negative towards fully open small towns and cities.

Small college towns in Midwest have a nightlife that Los Angeles would be jealous of these days.

Hillarious how because of ultra-high coronavirus rates in many liberal cities many liberals have been paying $2000+ a month for their old century old apartments when small towns these days have more amenities then the biggest cities.

After Coronavirus many of these liberal cities with million dollar 100 year old shacks and tiny lots are full of closed restaurants, empty storefronts and the majority of the only individuals in public are living on the streets.

I go to big cities to just laugh at the experience and think it hillarious why individuals want to live in them especially since the pandemic.

A vast majority of very conservative kept almost everything open and some have lower unemployment rates now then at the beginning of pandemic.

A majority of huge, liberal cities aren't coming back. $15+ minimum wages, very high workers compensation rates, extremely high lease rates, extremely high taxes, extremely high electric bills, workers who tend to stay a month until they find something better.

I pay 50 cents for my own avacado toast and coffee, why would I want to pay $20 just to sit outside and smell poop, urine and vomit for avacado toast and coffee which was prepared by someone who has 5 roommates because the rents are so incredibly high.

Old 01-31-2021, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Nice to know that Riyadh or Mogadishu is more favorable to you.
Putting words in my mouth. A very authoritarian move. What i would expect from the right, i on the other hand am completely open.

Old 01-31-2021, 10:57 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,865,359 times
Quote:

You seem to be the exact opposite. You want to be there now. So what have you done to get there?
I am sure North Dakota is glad they don't have near daily new mutations flown in or homegrown mutations of Coronavirus because some have had a surge of corona that has lasted 11 months now.

11 weeks of high cases in rural areas compared 11 months in a huge city because of the massive population.

They will be able to have vaccine boosters if need by the time any new variants because they are in the Dakotas.

A flight with people with a coronavirus variant can fly into one of these huge liberal cities and they have full-fledged pandemic in a week.

I doubt with their large close-knit families in North Dakota and their huge social networks that they don't care much about what outsiders think.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 01-31-2021 at 11:26 PM..

Old 01-31-2021, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Last place I would want to end up inthe world is the dakotas,
Quote:
Putting words in my mouth. A very authoritarian move. What i would expect from the right.
What part of your last post about the Dakotas escaped you?

Old 01-31-2021, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I am sure North Dakota is glad they don't have near daily new mutations flown in or homegrown mutations of Coronavirus.

They will be able to have vaccine boosters if need be if their is a variant because they are in the Dakotas.

A flight with people with a coronavirus variant can fly into one of these huge liberal cities and they have full-fledged pandemic in a week.
If north dakota is nirvAna why do they have negative immigration? Eaysy. It sucks,

Old 01-31-2021, 11:08 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,277,063 times
You eventually get used to the cold weather. I was only there for one winter and that is what I experienced. We were working outside in the snow. Eh - first days were weird, but after a while you just get into a groove

If you like small town life - not too bad.

but for me - no. Too far from the beach and sun.

Old 01-31-2021, 11:14 PM

Quote:
North Dakota is cold. Not arguing that. Life has many trade offs. One of my current employees is looking at South Dakota with much interest right now. It's very cold there too. People go where they feel their money will stretch them the furthest, combined with a decent quality of life.
Texas, wasington, tennessese, new hampshire, florida have no state tax. Why dakota?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies