Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 11:25 PM

11,182 posts, read 10,960,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Texas, wasington, tennessese, new hampshire, florida have no state tax. Why dakota?
Cost of living?

Never understood why people desire to live in a place where a 600 sq ft apartment costs $1800+/mo.

Texas I can see, possibly parts of Tenn as well. My mortgage is $800/mo for a 3/2 on its own land. I'd rather live here in semi rural Oregon than in LA or Portland where I've been offered several positions for 20K more a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 11:27 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,561,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Why are leftists always so damn negative?
Quote:
Not negative. Have traveled the world. Last place I would want to end up in the world is the Dakotas,

You seem to be the exact opposite. You want to be there now. So what have you done to get there?

Instead, he chooses to live in the bluest city, in the most blue state in the union. It's obvious that he's a very smart fellow and knows where to enjoy the best way of life. And even though they're greatly outnumbered here, Trump supporters are treated decently.

Old 01-31-2021, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
It's obvious that he's a very smart fellow and knows where to enjoy the best way of life.
Oh Steve, I'm flattered. You're making me blush!

Old 01-31-2021, 11:33 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,845,704 times
Quote:
If north dakota is nirvAna why do they have negative immigration? Eaysy. It sucks,
Negative domestic migration is a wonderful thing. Less traffic, hospitals that aren't overwhelmed, going into public to stores isn't a hassle and one isn't waiting 30 minutes to buy a few items.

Also, Fargo and Grand Forks have a huge college precense with extremely visually appealing residents.

Fargo and Grand Forks have superior nightlife compared to the biggest of cities because people from Winnipeg and Minneapolis love the Fargo night scene and there are four large universities and two community colleges in the Grand Forks/Fargo area.

Lots of Eastern Europeans that look like Millenia Trump but decades younger, Tall Scandenavians, In-shape German-Americans who worked on the farms before going to college. Also lots of Asians, Native Americans from Winnipeg and Hispanic-Americans and African-Americans from the Twin Cities prefer Fargo and Grand Forks nightlife.

More visually appealing people in one late night in Fargo, Grand Forks, Brookings then one could dream of in NYC, LA or San Francisco with weathered, stinky and arrogant individuals.

North Dakota doesn't really need people moving in droves because they are one of the world's leaders in oil, natural gas and coal production.

Fargo, Bismarck, Grand Forks have also many companies who have moved there over the years because of extremely low North Dakota taxes because they have one of the highest percentage of population that works full-time.

Another good thing about North Dakota is people rarely cough and sneeze unlike big cities where people crowd on their dirty subways and filthy light-rails and dozens of unclean people cough and sneeze all over.

Another one thing about North Dakota is people in their 20s look like they are in their 20s and not 40+ in big liberal cities from all the stress trying to pay for their 1 bedroom apartments.

Also the average family can raise a family on one-income. Very low taxes and billions and billions in rainy day reserves.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 01-31-2021 at 11:45 PM..

Old 01-31-2021, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Cost of living?

Never understood why people desire to live in a place where a 600 sq ft apartment costs $1800+/mo.

Texas I can see, possibly parts of Tenn as well. My mortgage is $800/mo for a 3/2 on its own land. I'd rather live here in semi rural Oregon than in LA or Portland where I've been offered several positions for 20K more a year.
Seems like 90%+ of Oregon land area is very, very conservative.

It's just 10% of the land area which is basically the city of Eugene, Salem and metropolitan Portland which has gone downhill thanks to the liberal agenda.

I would never visit Portland, but Roseburg and Grants Pass sound excellent and very conservative.

Old 01-31-2021, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Seems like 90%+ of Oregon land area is very, very conservative.

It's just 10% of the land area which is basically the city of Eugene, Salem and metropolitan Portland which has gone downhill thanks to the liberal agenda.

I would never visit Portland, but Roseburg and Grants Pass sound excellent and very conservative.
You have the blue butthole of Ashland in Southern Oregon as well, but yes, your assessment is pretty much correct.

If you went 2-3 miles anywhere off of I-5 south of Salem in the last 6 months, all you saw was Trump signs. You would never even know you were in a blue state.

Old 02-01-2021, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Texas, wasington, tennessese, new hampshire, florida have no state tax. Why dakota?
The top state income tax is 2.9% in North Dakota compared to 13.3% in California and 9.85% in Minnesota

Very few people in North Dakota pay 2.9%, a large percentage of the poulation pays 1.1% state income tax

North Dakota has a very low state income tax because they know great times can't last for ever so it's best to have income, property, sales taxes but tax them at extremely low rates. That way all the eggs aren't in one basket.

North Dakotans don't mind some taxes in exchange for extremely high quality services.

Norwegian officials and North Dakota officials exchange ideas often.

Better to reside in North Dakota which implements Norwegian programs rather then California and New York that are hybrid of Venezuela and Brazil but with extremely high taxes

https://taxfoundation.org/state/north-dakota/

https://taxfoundation.org/state/california/

https://taxfoundation.org/state/minnesota/

Old 02-01-2021, 04:39 AM

15,936 posts, read 12,236,371 times
Quote:
North Dakota is cold. Not arguing that. Life has many trade offs. One of my current employees is looking at South Dakota with much interest right now. It's very cold there too. People go where they feel their money will stretch them the furthest, combined with a decent quality of life.
It's cold on the eastern side. The western side is much nicer, with a semi arid climate that gets chinook winds.. that side will eventually turn into a smaller, more libertarian version of Denver CO if we can keep the progressives from becoming a majority. We need just enough of them to shake up the "good ole boys" who tend to run these small towns, but not so many they become a majority.. maybe 33/66 is a good ratio. South Dakota is fine. I enjoy it fine, the low population density suits me and my job is really pretty damn sweet all things considering. I'm grateful for my current life situation.

Old 02-01-2021, 04:54 AM

37,937 posts, read 17,805,641 times
But how will they buy votes and keep the masses under their thumb?

Old 02-01-2021, 06:02 AM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I'd doubt those jobs will be there for long. His Highness will make sure of that.

As for North Dakota, yeah, it would be a great place to live. One of the lowest population densities in the nation. That alone is enough to keep most all libs away.
New Mexico has a low population density and plenty of liberals live there. Colorado ranks toward the bottom 15 for population density. At one time Colorado had a much lower population density. It attracted alot of liberal. New Mexico's population density is comparable to North Dakota. It's hardly a conservative state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies