Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2021, 07:02 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times

Advertisements

Ok. Now impeach all the Democrats who egged in the BLm rioters. Impeach Kamala Harris who had a bail fund for them

Old 02-02-2021, 07:04 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is easy to imagine what would be happening today if Trump had come out on top in November under the same suspicious circumstances that carried Biden. There would be riots on the streets that are far more violent and destructive then what happened at the Capital.
That is putting it VERY mildly.

I have no doubt that we'd be in full blown civil war, if that were the case. I actually expected it was going to happen when Trump won.

Maybe we should be thanking the Democrats for averting an all-out, hot civil war? A silver lining to the hurricane size cloud of fraud hanging over the country right now?

Old 02-02-2021, 07:07 AM

33,541 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Here is the facts whether you like it or not and or millions of others who are ignorant of the United States Constitution. You can not impeach a private citizen........end of story.
If that is true then he should be tried in criminal court.

Sedition is a serious felony punishable by fines and up to 20 years in prison and it refers to the act of inciting revolt or violence against a lawful authority with the goal of destroying or overthrowing it.

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?...edition=prelim

Old 02-02-2021, 07:12 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
If that is true then he should be tried in criminal court.

Sedition is a serious felony punishable by fines and up to 20 years in prison and it refers to the act of inciting revolt or violence against a lawful authority with the goal of destroying or overthrowing it.

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?...edition=prelim
It’s doubtful that a criminal court would convict based on available evidence. That’s why Pelosi and crew are trying to push the impeachment. It’s their best shot at punishing Trump and his supporters. It isn’t a much better shot than criminal court considering the split Senate where at least 45 senators understand constitutionality, but it’s a better shot.

Old 02-02-2021, 08:24 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
The trial should have happened immediately but given the circumstances, there simply wasn't time to have a trial between January 7th and January 20th.

If Trump is "acquitted" now, it's not because he isn't guilty.

Old 02-02-2021, 09:19 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
So you are naught but fishing. The actions of the Democrats and their allies are a black stain on the history of the USA and of freedom itself. A dark, black festering malignant stain.
Can you be more specific ^^?

Old 02-02-2021, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
You talk about Democracy but support a stolen election.
In the US, I believe our constitution requires proof/evidence of which there is none^^ to back up your claim. Another scare in the trump lovers who also hate our constitution.

Old 02-02-2021, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Permit View Post
Please tell me his exact words for inciting violence. Don’t miss a word or add words.
Be sure to tune into the impeachment trial. They will include all of trump's inciting words and will leave out nothing.

Old 02-02-2021, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I'm part of this country and I don't follow politics. I don't care who's in office as the ebb and flow of these things tend to last temporarily and there's always checks and balances in place. I don't really care about an impeachment because it is what I would consider to be "puffery" and has no real meaning to what happens in this country.

My personal opinion is that we pay politicians to do a job, that job is to enact and uphold laws. What form that takes is up to them, but wasting my money on a trial that is symbolic puffery is a waste of the money that I'm paying them.
In your opinion, holding an elected official to their oath of upholding the constitution is "puffery?" Wow!

Old 02-02-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Here is the facts whether you like it or not and or millions of others who are ignorant of the United States Constitution. You can not impeach a private citizen........end of story.
I am good with trying trump as a private citizen along with those who committed felonies at the Capitol (be careful for what you wish for). Remember Charles Manson? He never was onsite for any of those crimes or murders either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies