Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2021, 05:10 AM

14,226 posts, read 4,590,273 times

Advertisements

Is this an impeachable offense...excuse me, REMOVAL offense?
0:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caYv5bMJsf4

“I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions,”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2021, 06:44 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I think YOU'RE the one saying sick things...no Democrats that I've heard of are making up multiple ways to off Trump. Sadistic? Blood lust? Please calm yourself.
I saw a bloodied head of Trump, I saw a gun pointed at Trump in a video, I saw an actor say, when was the last time an actor assassinated a president, I saw many Maxine Waters say take out Trump now, I saw the dems use a fake impeachment twice. I saw the HATE TRUMP TV daily hating Trump. I saw the evil wicked things said about Trumps family and supporters. So you didn't see that. I did and heard Biden say he would like to beat the hell out of Trump.

You calling me a sicko is typical of the dems.. they are sick but call everyone else sick. Look in the mirror of what you support.

Old 02-04-2021, 06:54 AM

4,190 posts, read 2,506,426 times
A Senator or Representative cannot be impeached. They can be censured or expelled. Impeachment is a Constitutional function of Congress over the executive and judicial branches.

Unlike impeachment, an expelled or censured Senator or Representative may run again. This is all laid out in the Constitution. For example, Article 1, Section 2 of the Constitution, states: “No person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained to the age of twenty five years, and been seven years a citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an inhabitant of that state in which he shall be chosen.” There is no prohibition against an expelled or censured member running again.

Last edited by webster; 02-04-2021 at 07:04 AM..

Old 02-04-2021, 07:06 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
An awful lot of people participating in this thread seem to have slept through civics classes.
You're assuming they went to school......

Old 02-04-2021, 07:09 AM

1,261 posts, read 560,966 times
He should be removed from his leadership position for constantly abdicating his legislative duties and encouraging the executive to do his job for him.

Old 02-04-2021, 07:19 AM

4,190 posts, read 2,506,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPC324 View Post
He should be removed from his leadership position for constantly abdicating his legislative duties and encouraging the executive to do his job for him.
The abrogation of legislative functions to the executive is an ongoing problem under all parties. After the Civil War, we entered a period where the executive branch was weak.

Old 02-04-2021, 07:23 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
ut if you don't like "impeachment", how about "expel" or "removal" congressman?
Expulsion is the correct term, according to the U.S. Constitution (y'all remember what that is, right?).

Article I, Section 5, Clause 2: "Each House [of Congress] may determine the Rules of its proceedings, punish its members for disorderly behavior, and, with the concurrence of two-thirds, expel a member."

Old 02-04-2021, 07:24 AM
bu2

24,092 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Is this an impeachable offense...excuse me, REMOVAL offense?

“I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions,”
Republicans need to impeach him when they win back the House in 2022 and make him answer for his comments. The media won't. Its up to Congress.

Old 02-04-2021, 07:25 AM

14,226 posts, read 4,590,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Expulsion is the correct term, according to the U.S. Constitution (y'all remember what that is, right?).

Article I, Section 5, Clause 2: "Each House [of Congress] may determine the Rules of its proceedings, punish its members for disorderly behavior, and, with the concurrence of two-thirds, expel a member."
ok, is this a worthwhile EXPULSION offense?

Old 02-04-2021, 09:29 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I think YOU'RE the one saying sick things...no Democrats that I've heard of are making up multiple ways to off Trump. Sadistic? Blood lust? Please calm yourself.
"no Democrats that I've heard of are making up multiple ways to off Trump."

You must watch ONLY the alphabet media and read from places like the la slime, wash post, huff post etc.

And WE are the UN-educated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies