Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2021, 07:57 PM

78,016 posts, read 60,221,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Most people who smoke weed regularly don't cough much.

Hmmmm --
Yeah but dear god...keep them away from your Doritos!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2021, 08:01 PM

33,513 posts, read 37,057,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
It is amazing how the liberal media elites talk about inequality this and that when comes to COVID-19

Yet, I was in a rough area this morning and people were outside in large numbers smoking marijuana and hacking up a lung in groups without masks.

The neighborhood reeked of marijuana and is a very high density-area.

I was at a big-box retailer also with an N95 mask and two facial coverings in a rough area recently also. Many people who are of the group the ultra-liberal media talks about as being impacted the most percentage wise as a demographic were coughing terribly, had screaming children with no masks, many elderly shoping with their huge families with masks under the nose.

The only people who had surgical masks or N95 masks were construction workers working on site where they have an office on site.

When I am beautiful exurban areas of the metropolitan area people are masked in N-95 masks and two surgical masks and rare to hear coughing because people stay at home if sick.
Thanks for reminding me....I'm almost out of pot gummies....Gotta pop out and get me some before the local marijuana shop closes.

Old 02-03-2021, 08:04 PM

25,482 posts, read 18,612,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
I live in a white upper middle class neighborhood with Hmmmm " Educated" people. Less than a 1/4 of people wear masks or follow protocol. Something about being white, arrogant, stupid , and selfish.

Idiots cross all color barriers.
Do you really think that someone all by themselves out in the middle of a yard or walking all alone down a deserted street or biking alone on a roadway gain ANY benefit when wearing a face diaper? Any at all? Are there squadrons of attack viruses flying overhead, just waiting to dive bomb?

I would offer that they actually garner long-term health risks by partially blocking their air passages, short circuiting their main "cooling system," and gathering pathogens in the "sponge" covering their mouths. So wearing a mask when you are ALL ALONE out in the middle of your lawn is plain stupid.

Old 02-03-2021, 08:10 PM

6,386 posts, read 4,793,920 times
Quote:
It is amazing how the liberal media elites talk about inequality this and that when comes to COVID-19

Yet, I was in a rough area this morning and people were outside in large numbers smoking marijuana and hacking up a lung in groups without masks.

When I am beautiful exurban areas of the metropolitan area people are masked in N-95 masks and two surgical masks and rare to hear coughing because people stay at home if sick.
You've solved your own dilemma. Stay out of "rough areas"! Stick with "beautiful exurban areas."

Old 02-03-2021, 08:16 PM

8,400 posts, read 4,651,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
You have that last part reversed. Anytime I hear or read someone use that recent vintage term, "cannabis," I know I've got some heavy duty propaganda and shilling headed my way. These are the geniuses who assure us that THC is good for us and inhaling carcinogens is fine if it's marijuana. My query that is studiously avoided by said useful idiots is, "Why in the world don't you support distributing THC to kids? Why would anyone deny better health to children?"

"It's a plant! How in the world can a plant be bad for you, right? Duh!"

This is the usual level of cognitive power to which I've become accustomed with people who insist upon saying, "cannabis."
Well, I used to just call it weed or whatever...back when it was just recreational use. FWIW I haven’t touched it in six, maybe seven years now.

Cannabis is at least a scientific name; Marijuana is also a slang term.

Ideally, anybody who was referring to cannabis would just say cannabis, much the way we call OxyContin OxyContin (BTW, I left the capitalizations there from autocorrect - does Apple take pharmaceutical funds for that?), or we call alcohol alcohol, and leave the other terms for more lax conversations.

As for cannabis, herb, weed, whatever your preferred gender pronoun I don’t think it’s all good or a miracle drug - but I don’t think it’s even what most people think it is, from stoners to academics to prohibitionists.

Old 02-03-2021, 08:57 PM

19,638 posts, read 20,130,445 times
Quote:

Well you can't smoke weed with a mask on, it's just not possible.

Old 02-03-2021, 09:00 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,478,808 times
Quote:

I was at a big-box retailer also with an N95 mask and two facial coverings in a rough area recently also. Many people who are of the group the ultra-liberal media talks about as being impacted the most percentage wise as a demographic were coughing terribly, had screaming children with no masks, many elderly shoping with their huge families with masks under the nose.

The only people who had surgical masks or N95 masks were construction workers working on site where they have an office on site.

What made it a rough area? What was the area?

Old 02-03-2021, 09:04 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,631,853 times
Quote:

Somebody will come up with a THC mask to wear. Get high, while being mask protected.

Old 02-04-2021, 01:56 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,408,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Somebody will come up with a THC mask to wear. Get high, while being mask protected.
There is such thing as a bong mask. Not a bad way to go through the next 365 days

Old 02-04-2021, 04:21 AM

1,014 posts, read 475,613 times
In a run down neighborhood, with street bums, all of them don't wear their mask properly. These mask were either given to them at a homeless shelter or they stole it at a store. They wear it just covering the mouth area and not the nose. As if inhalation cannot pass through the nose. It does not make sense to wear a mask like this anyway. It does no purpose. I think all the bums smoke weed. They buy it on the streets from some vendor. They save enough money and buy weed instead of a cigarette.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies