Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2021, 02:16 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,419,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There really is no grand worldwide conspiracy to cover up vaccine side effects.
There IS a propaganda campaign! I have seen that admitted in many mainstream sources -- they want to make sure enough people get vaccinated, and they don't want anyone to be afraid of bad side effects. So of course they will try to hide information about side effects from us.

The link that I posted says, near the end, that the facebook groups where people can report these side effects are being taken down.

Most people will believe and obey the authorities no matter what they say. So the propaganda works. It works on people like you.

If the side effects mentioned on that page I linked are common, hardly anyone would trust these vaccines. Even if they aren't all that common, they would scare most people.

Is that page all a bunch of lies? Well if you think that, you are believing a conspiracy theory, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2021, 02:16 PM
bu2

24,080 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Me too, same here, my feelings exactly.

They probably were lying to us way back in the old days also, but we had no convenient way to check. Now of course we check everything as much as possible.

One positive thought -- as hard as they are probably trying to hide things from us, they can't screen all the information on the internet. It would take armies of people to do it, and computers aren't smart enough. They can program computers to ban certain people from posting, or to screen for certain keywords. But they can't program computers to understand what people are saying.

For example, if I say "Oh you're killing me!" the computer might think that was a statement about violence, when more likely it meant you were making me laugh too hard.

So, my point is, the entire internet will never be censored effectively, and there will always be ways around it.
Well we know some things were hid. Media knew all about JFK's various affairs. Kept it to themselves.
Its just different types of things they hide now.

Old 02-03-2021, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Of course, no one would ever lie about vaccine side effects, would he? If I claim it is the vaccine causing me to shake, it must be the vaccine, right?

Now about that GoFundMe account ...
It isn't all or nothing. Some people would lie about vaccine side effects, some people would be telling the truth. Sometimes the authorities lie, sometimes they tell the truth.

Life is not as simple as you seem to think it is. There isn't one group you can always trust, and other groups that always lie.

Old 02-03-2021, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
The after effects from covid can be worse than covid itself,it cooks your brain and body somtimes for months and maybe longer.
They are studying it for possibly for causing dementia down the road.
We don't know how much longterm damage can be caused by the virus, and we don't know how much longterm damage can be caused by the vaccine.

Old 02-03-2021, 02:28 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
There IS a propaganda campaign! I have seen that admitted in many mainstream sources -- they want to make sure enough people get vaccinated, and they don't want anyone to be afraid of bad side effects. So of course they will try to hide information about side effects from us.

The link that I posted says, near the end, that the facebook groups where people can report these side effects are being taken down.

Most people will believe and obey the authorities no matter what they say. So the propaganda works. It works on people like you.

If the side effects mentioned on that page I linked are common, hardly anyone would trust these vaccines. Even if they aren't all that common, they would scare most people.

Is that page all a bunch of lies? Well if you think that, you are believing a conspiracy theory, right?
I get my information from original studies; yours is from propaganda, like the page you posted.

Facebook is hardly the place to "report" side effects. Sorry, that is just attention seeking.

I have watched some videos of the "shakers" and I do not think what I see is compatible with any vaccine side effects. One of them looks like she's dancing, and I would be willing to bet none of them shake when they are asleep. They all have GoFundMe accounts. Not a conspiracy, just a way to make money.

https://www.wired.com/story/they-cla...nd-went-viral/

Quote:
It isn't all or nothing. Some people would lie about vaccine side effects, some people would be telling the truth. Sometimes the authorities lie, sometimes they tell the truth.

Life is not as simple as you seem to think it is. There isn't one group you can always trust, and other groups that always lie.
If the authorities were to lie about the vaccines they would get outed by whistleblowers. Like it or not, the vaccines are the way out of the mess the coronavirus has caused with the least damage.

Old 02-03-2021, 02:29 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
So I will believe my own experience. I got the Pfizer shot about a week ago. It was tender and slightly swollen for 3-4 days at the point of injection, a little less each day. Pretty much the same as the flu shot for me. I had an unexplained craving for pizza as well.

Old 02-03-2021, 02:30 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
We can't. This applies to news in general. There is no way to know whether any news agency or "official experts" are telling the truth or lying on first blush. The only thing to do is research the matter as best you can using real search engines. Believe what your own eyes and your own reason tells you, not what others tell you. That's what it has come down to.
The trouble is, what your own eyes tell you is based on what others show you. That would now including this post. Anyway, as for side effects, I can tell you, they are fairly common no matter what the vaccine. The most common side-effect is soreness at the injection site. I have heard other side-effects for the coronavirus that mimic flu symptoms for several hours or even a day. I had the latest shingles vaccination (Shingrix). It is a two-parter. Both parts laid me up for a day and I was feeling none too great two days later. I knew nothing of these side-effects beforehand. I would have gone through the misery anyway had I known. If I get a good case of the shingles anytime in the next ten years I'll be complaining about the vaccine to my dying day.

Old 02-03-2021, 02:36 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
We don't know how much longterm damage can be caused by the virus, and we don't know how much longterm damage can be caused by the vaccine.
The vaccine has a long way to go to catch up to the carnage the virus has caused, and there is no evidence it will based on data coming in after millions of doses have been administered.

Old 02-03-2021, 02:41 PM

962 posts, read 540,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
If you believe the "experts" that the media quotes, you are an ignoramous.

Yes, experts, but choose your own.
Where did you get your degree in immunology?

This is not my field of expertise. Luckily, we have experts whose job it is to review trials and claims made by drug companies. Do you really think a drug company just rolls up to the FDA with some powerpoints and walks away with an emergency use authorization? The Astra Zeneca vaccine is held up by the FDA as we speak because AZ screwed up its trial and is now trying to fix mistakes.

I understand why it is alluring to just distrust everybody save for the people that tell you what you want to hear. I sometimes fall for this too. But I believe we have extremely smart people in charge of the approval process for vaccines in the USA. I also trust this to be true for Canada, UK, and the EU.

Are you really saying you don't trust experts? That you don't trust the country's regulatory scheme? I know cynicism is rampant amongst conservatives writ large, but to simply distrust everything and everyone (except Trump?) is a miserable way to live.

Last edited by midnight_thunder; 02-03-2021 at 02:58 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-03-2021, 02:49 PM

962 posts, read 540,837 times
Quote:
You have missed the whole point. You accept the drug companies' and government agencies' statements without question. Drug companies will also tell you that none of their other drugs can damage health, but many of us know people who have suffered from them. And there are patient report websites where you can see what people are really experiencing.

The same could be true of these new vaccines. Drug companies say they have tested them and there are no safety issues, the FDA believes whatever the drug companies say, but people's actual experiences might be very different.

That is why I posted that web page with people's actual experiences. No, we can't tell from that page how common those experiences are. That is what I would like to find out. And I won't find out by reading more and more of the official propaganda.

There is an intense public relations campaign going on to encourage everyone to get the vaccine. That means controlling what information we can get.
Ok, so you have a conclusion in mind, and you seem to be searching for facts that support that conclusion. As of today, millions upon millions of people have been vaccinated. Zero deaths. Or do you think its a cover up? Show me evidence, because otherwise its a conspiracy theory. And a bad one at that.

Next, you clearly fail to understand how this vaccine has been approved. I don't accept what drug companies say, because they have motives in conflict with mine. I DO accept what the FDA says, since they are experts, and I am not. Are you an expert?

Finally, the FDA doesn't just believe what drug companies say; that's ludicrous. Regulators pour over the data, too slow for some. Also, we have regulators around the world looking at the data from Pfizer, Moderna, et al. I trust experts to tell me the truth. If you don't that is an entirely separate problem from the question of whether vaccines have side effects. They do, btw, and that's okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies