Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2021, 11:18 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,592,213 times

Advertisements

Reminds me of the Google conference in Italy with all the A listers taking private jets.

Old 02-04-2021, 11:19 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I give you the same argument you (and I, fwiw) would give someone who complains about a person's choice to drive a hummer or big gas guzzler.

It's easy to cherry-pick actions. Kerry may or may not be making meaningful change, but his choice to fly is not the issue. If you were to cherry pick EVERY 'wrong' action, then people would have to go back to living in caves. Better to see what favorable impact a person can make.

As for Kerry, I have no idea if he makes any good impact or not. But bashing him for using his jet is not really addressing the issue.
I don't mind if he uses a private jet. I figure that people should be able to do what they can afford to do, within the bounds of legality and morality. If he has the money to tool around the globe in his own airplane, good on him.

My issue is the rank, blatant hypocrisy of using a private jet to travel to a "climate change" event while lecturing the rest of us to stop despoiling the environment. I'm willing to bet that my carbon footprint is a tiny fraction of his, so who is he to lecture me on harming the environment?

Old 02-04-2021, 12:26 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Kerry went before Congress to call his fellow soldiers , barbarians and worse than Genghis Khan. Such a nice guy .. a true Communist sympathizer and hater of America.

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti..._the_ages.html

"They had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan,
Yeah, Kerry didn’t think beyond his nose, he tried to claim while he was running for president that his platoon was his band of brothers, apparently they didn’t have anything good to say about him.

Old 02-04-2021, 05:33 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
He reported what he saw. He was there.

These acts were wrong - not what our Country stands for... what was happening in the name of our country needed to be brought to the attention of those in power.

We need MORE politicians who have a backbone and who are driven by their conscience.

CNN) -- "The strong, vivid words John Kerry uttered 33 years ago continue to ring through time.

Back in 1971, the square-jawed, clean-cut decorated combat veteran, with a generous mop of dark hair, told a rapt audience of senators of atrocities he said had been reported to him by his fellow soldiers in Vietnam.

Rapes. Razed villages. Ears and heads cut off. Random shootings of civilians. Bodies blown up. Wires from portable telephones taped to genitals, with the power then turned on. Food stocks poisoned. Dogs and cats shot for the fun of it.

"We wish that a merciful God could wipe away our own memories of that service as easily as this administration has wiped their memories,
" Kerry told members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in testimony that made him a national figure at 27.

To those who were against the war, he was a courageous hero standing up for the truth; to those who supported it, he was a treasonous pariah aiding the enemy.

But no matter how his words were viewed, their power was beyond question. Even President Nixon groused about him in the Oval Office.

"John was able to speak to people, whether they were conservative or liberal, Democrat or Republican, and people listened," said Lenny Rotman, who worked with Kerry back then in the group Vietnam Veterans Against the War...."

https://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS...nam/index.html
NO, he reported what would help him politically, he later recanted and changed his story from He saw such acts to he heard about such acts.

He also seems to have forgotten that you can not be compelled to follow an unlawful order or commit an unlawful act. As an Officer in the USN he was however compelled to report such things. He evidently lacked the integrity and or fortitude to do so.

The issue that I have with Kerry is simple. He slandered his fellow vets when it was politically correct to do so and then recanted when it became incorrect to slander vets. Remember he threw away his medals? Oh but then we heard that they weren't the ones he was awarded.

Why do you people continue to defend such a slime ball. Before you say it, no I was never a Trump guy.

Old 02-04-2021, 05:38 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I give you the same argument you (and I, fwiw) would give someone who complains about a person's choice to drive a hummer or big gas guzzler.

It's easy to cherry-pick actions. Kerry may or may not be making meaningful change, but his choice to fly is not the issue. If you were to cherry pick EVERY 'wrong' action, then people would have to go back to living in caves. Better to see what favorable impact a person can make.

As for Kerry, I have no idea if he makes any good impact or not. But bashing him for using his jet is not really addressing the issue.
It isn't cherry picking to call out a blatant hypocrisy. Cherry picking would be to complain that his shoes were made of real leather.

He is flying around on a private jet, while telling everyone else cut down on polluting.

Sort of like the really obese guy telling you, while eating a large meat lovers pizza, that you need to exercise because you're starting to gain weight.

Last edited by boneyard1962; 02-04-2021 at 07:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies