Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2021, 11:32 AM

8,941 posts, read 2,963,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
If MAD magazine was till being published they'd be a shoe-in for a cover.
What don't you like about DeSantis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2021, 11:33 AM

726 posts, read 328,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Democrats talked about "Russia" for literally YEARS after 2016, perpetuating a lie that Russia hacked the 2016 election.
Red herring. That wasn't the claim. It's no lie that Russia did hack the Clinton campaign. Further, among other things, it's no lie that Russia...
  • Ramped Up U.S. Operations As Early As 2014
  • Russian Election Interference Through Russia-Controlled Social Media Accounts
  • Russian Election Interference Through Facebook
  • Russian Election Interference Through Twitter
  • Russian Election Interference Using Individualized Accounts
  • Russian Election Interference Using Botnet Activities
  • Russian Election Interference Involving Political Rallies
  • Russian Election Interference Targeting and Recruitment of U.S. Persons
  • Russian Election Interference Using Interactions and Contacts with the Trump Campaign
  • Trump Campaign Promotion of Russian Political Materials
  • Russian Election Interference Using Contacts with Trump Campaign Officials in Connection to Rallies
Source. Seems to me that concern about Trump's 2016 election was merited.

Last edited by Boone1791; 02-04-2021 at 11:43 AM..

Old 02-04-2021, 11:35 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
By you I mean "The Left" and I was talking about "Russia" not the electoral college.

I definitely lean left on social issues, not so much on many fiscal issues'

Quote:
Do you think you're smarter than Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and Ben Franklin?

Not at all, but, unlike many, I AM smart enough to realize they provided provision for Amendment in the Constitution because they intended it to be a living document, realizing it would need to change as the country and society changed.

I have never heard any good argument WHY in 48 states, a candidate for POTUS who wins by a single vote should get ALL of that state's Electoral Votes while votes for the opponent(s) count for nothing.

If one man one vote is good enough for the Legislative branch, it's good enough for the Executive branch as far as I'm concerned.

Old 02-04-2021, 11:38 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
3. Democrats talked about "Russia" for literally YEARS after 2016, perpetuating a lie that Russia hacked the 2016 election. .
No one claimed that Russia "hacked" the election (changed votes). They claimed that Russia tried to influence the election. They did this by spreading fake news via social media, and by hacking and releasing DNC emails. This was confirmed by FBI, CIA and NSA.

Old 02-04-2021, 11:39 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
What don't you like about DeSantis?

Anyone's fealty to Trump alone is more than enough reason to bring their judgement into heavy question as far as I'm concerned. I'm old, I was raised to believe a man is only as good as his word. By that standard, Trump is worthless.

Old 02-04-2021, 11:48 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
Well thanks for the anecdote, but there is a rather large movement on the left that hates America. That's why they want to erase its history, change its form of government, denigrate it on the world stage, etc. etc. etc.

That's rampant in your party. Sorry, but those are the facts.
24% of Americans call themselves liberal: https://news.gallup.com/poll/275792/...ally-2019.aspx

That's 75 million people. I have a lot of friends and acquaintances that are liberals. I have yet to meet one who hates America. I don't know anyone who wants to erase its history, change its government or denigrate it on the world stage (Trump did a pretty complete job of the last one).

Old 02-04-2021, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Anyone's fealty to Trump alone is more than enough reason to bring their judgement into heavy question as far as I'm concerned. I'm old, I was raised to believe a man is only as good as his word. By that standard, Trump is worthless.
So in other words, you can't articulate anything other than you don't like him because he voted for Trump.

So you're basically cancelling 74 million Americans?

Any other, better analyses?

Old 02-04-2021, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
24% of Americans call themselves liberal: https://news.gallup.com/poll/275792/...ally-2019.aspx

That's 75 million people. I have a lot of friends and acquaintances that are liberals. I have yet to meet one who hates America. I don't know anyone who wants to erase its history, change its government or denigrate it on the world stage (Trump did a pretty complete job of the last one).
Ever see black lives matter?

Ever see the san francisco school board?

Ever hear Andy Cuomo say "America was never really that great?"

Ever see countless liberals burning American flags?

Ever see a conservative doing any of that?

Come on now, you can't be this self-unaware?

Old 02-04-2021, 11:53 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,346,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Permit View Post
KKK equals the Democratic Party
The faction that splintered off and became dependable red states, unless they **** up like Georgia and let black people vote.

Old 02-04-2021, 11:57 AM

889 posts, read 272,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No one can argue that acting like Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh and Marjorie Greene is lucrative. With that kind of money motivator, it's difficult to tell which of those believe what they're saying, and which know they're lying for the money. My bet is only Limbaugh, and possible Hawley, know they're pandering to idiots for cash.

So. Which are morally superior? Those who have paranoid delusions and are just sharing them, or those who are smart enough to know they're selling a bucket of lies but the money sure is good? Hard to tell. It's a dead draw.
shoot, mj taylor is getting booted and eviscierated! i mean she is allowed to believe and say what she wants but if she is stupid enough to do so publicly, well she should know better.

though i find it hard to believe she actually believes what they are accusing her of, other than a like on FB about offing nancy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies