Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2021, 10:47 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,146 times

Advertisements

my my a republican has a different viewpoint...."mentally unstable" after years of support of trump and this one has the audacity to mention stability?

minorities have a good reason to fear police even if they are pretty..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2021, 10:47 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieb.good View Post
so aoc recounting her experience during the insurrection is somehow invalidated bc later on, it turned out it wasn't that bad? Is that the argument?
the spin doctor has entered the room.

Old 02-04-2021, 10:48 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
This is the new "Russia"

Liberals will milk this for as long as they can until finally there is a Mueller moment where they can no longer get away with perpetuating the lie.

Old 02-04-2021, 10:50 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So aoc recounting her experience during the insurrection is somehow invalidated bc later on, it turned out it wasn't that bad? Is that the argument?

Are you really that dense? For starters, her office wasn't even close to the heart of the action. She said it was. She has lashed out at any one else, mainly Republicans, who told her she wasn't the only one who feared for her life. If we're going to play that card, they were all in danger. Do you remember the cop that guided Pence's family in a different direction? He said in an interview that the rioters were less than 100 feet from his family. Sounds a lot more scarier than what AOC-Smollett had to deal with.

I also think it's insanely childish, and immature of her to blame Ted Cruz for what happened to her, as well as demanding that he and many others step down. And now this sexual assault story? Where was this story during her interviews for the #MeTooMovement, Kavanaugh, and any other topic that goes with it? Why are just hearing about this now?

She is a drama queen and she is dumping gasoline and lighting matches on everything she touches. Both her and "The Squad" are a cancer to Washington.

Old 02-04-2021, 10:52 AM

6,104 posts, read 2,727,097 times
I laugh every time the right condemns Democrats about lying when Trump lied over 30k times.

And made up a dangerous voter fraud hoax that was responsible for the capital being stormed by his deranged followers.

Old 02-04-2021, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
the spin doctor has entered the room.

LOL he can try all he wants, but I'm not buying his quack medicine.

Old 02-04-2021, 10:54 AM

315 posts, read 116,382 times
She's a loon and a gift to the right.

Old 02-04-2021, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
I laugh every time the right condemns Democrats about lying when Trump lied over 30k times.

And made up a dangerous voter fraud hoax that was responsible for the capital being stormed by his deranged followers.

And I laugh at people like you who use that statement to try and justify liars like AOC-Smollett. I wasn't aware that the Dems got a free pass.

Old 02-04-2021, 11:14 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
Are you really that dense? For starters, her office wasn't even close to the heart of the action. She said it was. She has lashed out at any one else, mainly Republicans, who told her she wasn't the only one who feared for her life. If we're going to play that card, they were all in danger. Do you remember the cop that guided Pence's family in a different direction? He said in an interview that the rioters were less than 100 feet from his family. Sounds a lot more scarier than what AOC-Smollett had to deal with.

I also think it's insanely childish, and immature of her to blame Ted Cruz for what happened to her, as well as demanding that he and many others step down. And now this sexual assault story? Where was this story during her interviews for the #MeTooMovement, Kavanaugh, and any other topic that goes with it? Why are just hearing about this now?

She is a drama queen and she is dumping gasoline and lighting matches on everything she touches. Both her and "The Squad" are a cancer to Washington.
Ok. Give me the quotes where she says her office was in the thick of the action... Not the ones conveying her state of mind at the time. Not the ones conveying what she was thinking at the time. The quotes where she says her office was in the thick of the action.

You don't get to tell someone else how they're allowed to respond the unknown circumstances, and you don't get to use the fact that other people reacted differently as a bludgeon to minimize or dismiss how she processed that.

The intent of the people who stormed the Capitol stands on its own. Just b/c they couldn't actually hurt her, doesn't minimize or dismiss their intent, and that intent was fueled by the ridiculous support people like Cruz threw in to the equation. Cruz, Hawley, and everyone else who contributed to inflaming the masses by supporting the nonsense conspiracy should be held responsible.

No one owes it you or anyone else when they have to talk about their own trauma. You're exactly the type who if she had brought it up during the #MeToo movement would have tried to criticize her for jumping on the bandwagon. Your ability to say that b/c other people weren't scared or as scared of the events, her reaction is overrated pretty much confirms that's exactly the dbg move you'd pull.

Old 02-04-2021, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Ok. Give me the quotes where she says her office was in the thick of the action... Not the ones conveying her state of mind at the time. Not the ones conveying what she was thinking at the time. The quotes where she says her office was in the thick of the action.

Where have you been? She went live on Instagram and spoke on it, and provided her own "detailed layout" of where the attack happened, and where she was. That's exactly what prompted people to call her out on where her office is exactly located and where she was in the first place! Like are you kidding me?! Here's a link to an article with the full video she uploaded to her Instagram. All those quotes you want are in the video.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/aoc-ncna1256651

And here's her most recent Tweet trying to backtrack on what she meant when she was called out:

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/13570...3%2Fframe.html

Quote:
You don't get to tell someone else how they're allowed to respond the unknown circumstances, and you don't get to use the fact that other people reacted differently as a bludgeon to minimize or dismiss how she processed that.

You're right, I can't. It was a crazy situation and I'm sure everyone was shook up from it. But I'm allowed to call someone out on their BS, which is what I'm doing now, as are many others. In the past week alone, AOC-Smollett has literally done everything she can to have the spotlight on her, as if no one else's life was at risk that day. She has literally lashed out at just about every Republican who tries to join in on the discussion. In her mind, you're not allowed to have any trauma if you're with the GOP. Only the Dems are allowed to be upset. She has a constant need for attention and will put on a giant show if she has to if it means she gets to be on the front page of every news paper, and the talk of social media. It reaches a point where one has to ask if it's something we should care about, or if it's a desperate cry for attention.

Quote:
The intent of the people who stormed the Capitol stands on its own. Just b/c they couldn't actually hurt her, doesn't minimize or dismiss their intent, and that intent was fueled by the ridiculous support people like Cruz threw in to the equation. Cruz, Hawley, and everyone else who contributed to inflaming the masses by supporting the nonsense conspiracy should be held responsible.

Again, you're spewing more BS. Those guys never incited or promoted any kind of violence. They have done nothing wrong in that situation. The people who are at fault are the idiots who thought they could storm the capital without facing any consequences. AOC is using this as a tool to try and kick Cruz out because she already can't stand the man. He extended his reach and backed her up, and offered continued support on what happened with Wall St and she shut him down like a petulant child. You're just too blind to see that because you think she can do no wrong.

Quote:
No one owes it you or anyone else when they have to talk about their own trauma. You're exactly the type who if she had brought it up during the #MeToo movement would have tried to criticize her for jumping on the bandwagon. Your ability to say that b/c other people weren't scared or as scared of the events, her reaction is overrated pretty much confirms that's exactly the dbg move you'd pull.

I never said they did. But it's still odd that she fought for all those other moments and never brought it up until now. She has the ability to use her voice to reach the masses. If Kavanaugh bothered her so much, why didn't she use that moment to speak on her experience? Again, she has the political power to make her voice heard. She had a chance to use it and she chose not to, but had no issues acting like a broken record saying he needs to be locked up for what he did. And no, I'm not the type. You just fuel your thoughts with emotions instead of using logic and make stupid assumptions. Then again, her fan base is pretty stupid to begin with, so I'm not too shocked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies