Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2021, 12:40 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I don't see much of a future for the party merely following the Trump brand. They will end up ideologically broken, riding the coat tails of fantasy conspiracy theories. Independents now have a compelling reason not to elect Trump loyalists.
I don’t see much of a future in this strategy of attacking its own when they speak the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2021, 12:57 PM

1,300 posts, read 960,657 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCtMsuDycm8

Last edited by TheArchitect; 02-05-2021 at 01:07 PM..

Old 02-05-2021, 12:58 PM

9,980 posts, read 5,677,344 times
Yeah, I'm really interested in MSNBC's hot take on the Republican party like they're acting as a neutral observer when providing their no doubt deeply considered evaluation.

Old 02-05-2021, 01:02 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) on Feb. 4 criticized leading members of the Nebraska Republican Party for their plans to censure him for his criticism of former president Donald Trump.

So they want to censure him because? Seems like a pretty accurate portrayal of what transpired.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...-doubles-down/
I don't like Sasse. But I'm disgusted with the gang-like nature of both Republicans and Democrats. Officials are elected to serve their constituents, not their respective political parties.

Ben Sasse should answer to his constituents for his positions - and no one else.

Old 02-05-2021, 01:04 PM

1,231 posts, read 448,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Sasse is a wimp who won't fight for this nation.
Sasse didn't kiss the ring of the dictator Trump and put country over Trumpism. So he get censured for that? Meanwhile denying children died and calling for political assassinations are a ok.

Old 02-05-2021, 01:09 PM

1,300 posts, read 960,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Yeah, I'm really interested in MSNBC's hot take on the Republican party like they're acting as a neutral observer when providing their no doubt deeply considered evaluation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezKEARpLQNo

https://accountability.gop/

Old 02-05-2021, 01:24 PM

889 posts, read 272,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
We are in awful times, when the republican party in Nebraska, deep in the heart of the land of common sense, would censure this normal man, for his sanity.

How will we come back from this? The sane are pilloried by the crazy people who seem to be in the majority in the republican party - but they're not, they're in the minority, as you can see by the secret ballot results with Cheney.

How will this ever end? How will the crazy people finally be shouted down by the majority of reg'lar people?

The incredible damage this one man, Donald Trump, has done to my country is boundless. And it CONTINUES even after he's left the room.
oh boy. your applauding the tightening of the noose around "your country" because your so blinded by TDS. but then again, that was the plan, and its working. enjoy

Old 02-05-2021, 01:30 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,070,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
We are in awful times, when the republican party in Nebraska, deep in the heart of the land of common sense, would censure this normal man, for his sanity.

How will we come back from this? The sane are pilloried by the crazy people who seem to be in the majority in the republican party - but they're not, they're in the minority, as you can see by the secret ballot results with Cheney.

How will this ever end? How will the crazy people finally be shouted down by the majority of reg'lar people?

The incredible damage this one man, Donald Trump, has done to my country is boundless. And it CONTINUES even after he's left the room.
Your problem is not Donald Trump.

Your problem is the 74 million crazy people who voted for him, amiright?

I’m just waiting for you to espouse re-education camps so all of us crazy people can get ideologically aligned and stop messing up YOUR country.

Old 02-05-2021, 01:30 PM

889 posts, read 272,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
No, Sasse is a principled conservative republican and simply does not want his party to turn into a Cult of Trump, which he fears is happening.
LMAO he is simply afraid of being cancelled! it is that, and ONLY that. he has got to conform or be eliminated. why are people so blind. its in your face all day long, and yet here we are.

look whats happening in myanmar. we are one step away.

Old 02-05-2021, 01:42 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Your problem is not Donald Trump.

Your problem is the 74 million crazy people who voted for him, amiright?

I’m just waiting for you to espouse re-education camps so all of us crazy people can get ideologically aligned and stop messing up YOUR country.
I only have problems with the ones who prefer Trumpism over Reaganism. I perfectly understand voting for your party's candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies