Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2021, 07:34 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,277,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Not necessarilly. There are many things that can be done with that money that does not spur the gnp. Like simply saving it. Trumps tax plan along withs his budget needed about a4% increase to remain budget neutral. Instead it did about a 2.5. Similar to obama. This naturally increase the rate of the deficit expansion.

Economics 101 as you say.

so you are the believer that the more money the government has the wiser it is spend. LOL
If Trump tax cuts which is from earned income that goes back into the economy doesn't work why the Democrats want to pass multiple stimulus which is printing money to put back in the economy by borrowing? you can't have it both ways.
We live in a private sector consumer economy. Which is the best way to put revenues back in the economy and make it grow, by tax cuts to earners or printing money and growing the size of government? We know the answer to that.

The more we keep out of our earned money the more it goes back in the system. Those are tax cuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2021, 07:36 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,489,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Jesus, stop. Under Trump's tax cuts the government received more revenues than before the tax cuts. So again, the problem are not the tax cuts but government spending. If your wife mismanages what you bring home, the solution is not giving you less money by giving it to her. She is the problem and the solution is not giving her more control and more money. That creates more problems.

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...nues-deficits/
Revenues were increasing every year prior to the. Tax cuts. Iam not claimng we dont need to spend less which trump did not do but a decrease in tax rates needs to show a proportionate increasein the gnp growth. Trumps own plan said his tax cuts would generate a 4% increase which would achieve a balanced budget even with increased spending. They sadly did not.

Enough with the inane family finance metaphors. They sre sophmoric.

Old 02-05-2021, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAmVA View Post
I hear you but we are not talking about material things. We are talking about food for families and keeping people in their homes.
but you are looking at it from a narrow angle and short term not at the long run. It's like you need money and I give it to you with a big catch. You will pay for it in higher taxes and a higher cost of living and you have to give me more power.

That's the price tag for $1,400.

Old 02-05-2021, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Revenues were increasing every year prior to the. Tax cuts. Iam not claimng we dont need to spend less which trump did not do but a decrease in tax rates needs to show a proportionate increasein the gnp growth. Trumps own plan said his tax cuts would generate a 4% increase which would achieve a balanced budget even with increased spending. They sadly did not.

Enough with the inane family finance metaphors. They sre sophmoric.
Trump didn't ran the government by himself. Congress does but that's another topic. A balanced budget is government spending not what the private sector produces. Before the pandemic, the private sector grew and the government got more revenues after the tax cuts than before.

Do you have any idea how much the government spends here and the planet? that's the deficit not what the private sectors pays or how much they put back in the system. Tax cuts doesn't create deficits, its government spending in endless wars, endless occupations, aid to many countries and the list is long.

Guess what the Middle East wars and occupations alone has cost us the taxpayers? take a guess but your liberal talking point is we need to tax more the earners because they are they problem not us.

Old 02-05-2021, 07:49 PM

7,722 posts, read 12,610,099 times
Quote:
I hear you but we will all pay for it in more taxes and the cost of living will go up. That's 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards and you are giving the feds more power. if I give my girlfriend a nice ring and later she finds out I put it on her credit card with fees, I wouldn't have any more a girlfriend.

Look honey, I got you a new car. I forgot to tell you, I took a mortgage out to pay for it with your credit since my credit sucks and you have to get a 2nd job. Am I the greatest? who's your daddy?
This is all true. But I'm not sure what to do about it at this point.

Old 02-05-2021, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Trump didn't ran the government by himself. Congress does but that's another topic. A balanced budget is government spending not what the private sector produces. Before the pandemic, the private sector grew and the government got more revenues after the tax cuts than before.

Do you have any idea how much the government spends here and the planet? that's the deficit not what the private sectors pays or how much they put back in the system. Tax cuts doesn't create deficits, its government spending in endless wars, endless occupations, aid to many countries and the list is long.

Guess what the Middle East wars and occupations alone has cost us the taxpayers? take a guess but your liberal talking point is we need to tax more the earners because they are they problem not us.
I will try once more. Its basic economics. Revenue less expense equals profit or loss. Loss equates to a deficit. If you are running at a loss either decrease expenses or increase revenue. Taxes are the main source of revenue for a government. The products and services that are taxable has generally increased ever year. Therefor if you decrease the tax percentage then the coresponding services must increase at a proportionate rate. With no tax cuts revenues would have increased. Moreso that without a tax cut.

Do yourself a favor and google trump tax cuts impact on deficit. You will find many independant studies and they all pretty much in agreement. The tax cuts increased the deficit bigly.

Old 02-05-2021, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
This is all true. But I'm not sure what to do about it at this point.
Nothing, take the money and run. We are all pawns here but at least it's nice to know the game and that $1,400 has a price tag and it will cost us more later.

Reminds of Verizon years ago. They gave me a smart phone cheap but there was a catch. I had to sign for 2 years and get their data plan that was very expensive (a smart phone without a data plan is worthless) , So at the end of the 24 months, that smart phone wasn't cheap but very expensive. I overpaid.

Cheers

Old 02-05-2021, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Nothing, take the money and run. We are all pawns here but at least it's nice to know the game and that $1,400 has a price tag and it will cost us more later.

Reminds of Verizon years ago. They gave me a smart phone cheap but there was a catch. I had to sign for 2 years and get their data plan that was very expensive (a smart phone without a data plan is worthless) , So at the end of the 24 months, that smart phone wasn't cheap but very expensive. I overpaid.

Cheers
I agree. $1400 in many cases is unwarranted and counter oroductive. Thank god Trump did not get elected. He wanted $2000. We dodged that bullet.

Old 02-05-2021, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I will try once more. Its basic economics. Revenue less expense equals profit or loss. Loss equates to a deficit. If you are running at a loss either decrease expenses or increase revenue. Taxes are the main source of revenue for a government. The products and services that are taxable has generally increased ever year. Therefor if you decrease the tax percentage then the coresponding services must increase at a proportionate rate. With no tax cuts revenues would have increased. Moreso that without a tax cut.

Do yourself a favor and google trump tax cuts impact on deficit. You will find many independant studies and they all pretty much in agreement. The tax cuts increased the deficit bigly.

Takeout the pandemic and his tax cuts made more revenues for the government and the private sector grew. Deficits are created because you spend more money that you collect. If the revenues of the government grew after the tax cuts then the problem is not what the private sector is paying in taxes and responding back in the system.

Again,the problem is government spending not the private sector.

one more time, if the government's revenues grew, there is no excuse why the deficit grew. That means they are spending more and more which you keep ignoring.

One more time, how much our government spends in endless wars, endless occupations and on foreign policy alone ? that doesn't make the deficit go up? but of course, it's not big government's spending, it has to be the earners. That's the problem. LOL.

Old 02-05-2021, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Takeout the pandemic and his tax cuts made more revenues for the government and the private sector grew. Deficits are created because you spend more money that you collect. If the revenues of the government grew after the tax cuts then the problem is not what the private sector is paying in taxes and responding back in the system.

Again,the problem is government spending not the private sector.

one more time, if the government's revenues grew, there is no excuse why the deficit grew. That means they are spending more and more which you keep ignoring.

One more time, how much our government spends in endless wars, endless occupations and on foreign policy alone ? that doesn't make the deficit go up? but of course, it's not big government's spending, it has to be the earners. That's the problem. LOL.
No they didnt. Again google trump tax cuts affect on the deficit. Do research. Step out into the light.

And i agree that gverment should spend less. Would have been great if Trump did that. But unless you enact spending cut when you reduce revenue then you are putting the country on a credit card.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies