Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2021, 06:08 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Why can leftists grasp this simple concept??"

Way too may are the"highly educated", with useless degrees in fields that they can't get REAL jobs in, like aoc even after being out of college for 7 years, the best she could do was be bartender, my apologies to bar tenders, and only know what their liberal teachers told them.

"Have none of them ever run a business before?" No, and neither have most of the "teachers".

P.S. I use teachers NOT professors on purpose.
Bingo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2021, 06:11 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Lots of Jobs under the Clinton and Obama administration...go figure.
"Lots of Jobs under the Clinton and Obama administration...go figure"

MORE jobs under the TRUMP administration, go figure.

MORE blacks and Hispanics found work under Trump than ANY OTHER PRESIDENT!

Old 02-13-2021, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks93 View Post
Yet it was Trump that a few years ago gave massive tax breaks to corporations, that are raising middle class taxes this year
Another liberal media "educated" poster, I see.

About 85% of ALL workers got a tax break under Trump.

Old 02-13-2021, 06:17 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
No, we just feel that the owners take the workers for granted and wouldn't still have their businesses if it weren't for their workers doing the actual work!
And the workers wouldn’t have their jobs if motivated, disciplined, capable business owners didn’t start their businesses in the first place!

The problem is that liberals such as yourself have contempt for those of us who left a job to take the risk of starting and growing a business (often working 12 hours a day in the early years) while expecting that unskilled workers (like the McDonalds employee who keys in your order when you could just do it yourself on the kiosk) get paid above what the market demands.

As I’ve said before, if unskilled people want to earn more, let them attend a taxpayer-funded certificate program of some sort and become more valuable to businesses.

P.S. And what makes you think business owners don’t do any work? As a business owner, I worked much harder than any of my employees.

Old 02-13-2021, 06:20 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Yet it was Trump that a few years ago gave massive tax breaks to corporations, that are raising middle class taxes this year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Another liberal media "educated" poster, I see.

About 85% of ALL workers got a tax break under Trump.
Who really pays corporate taxes 101... Easy to understand explanation:

No sales/rentals = no profits = no corporate income tax is paid.

Sales/rentals = profits = corporate income tax is paid out of sales/rent revenues.

Corporate taxes are a hidden tax on the consumer that negatively impacts the poor the most. Why is that? Because the poor must spend all or almost all their money buying/renting their basic necessities (food, clothing, shelter, etc. -- and, yes, large residential rental companies pay corporate taxes). The same is not true of higher-income earners.

Old 02-13-2021, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Clinton had to clean up the mess made by Reaganomics

Obama had to clean up the mess by 8 years of GWB

and Biden has stepped into a pandemic which has crushed the middle and lower class, while the 1%ers all got richer
A the liberal media "informed" rise again!

"Publication: Business Wire
Date: Friday, January 4 2008

More Than 8.3 Million Jobs Created Since August 2003 In Longest Continuous Run Of Job Growth On Record

WASHINGTON -- Today, the Bureau of Labor Statistics released new jobs figures - 18,000 jobs created in December. Since August 2003, more than 8.3 million jobs have been created, with more than 1.3 million jobs created throughout 2007. Our economy has now added jobs for 52 straight months - the longest period of uninterrupted job growth on record. The unemployment rate remains low at 5 percent. The U.S. economy benefits from a solid foundation, but we cannot take economic growth for granted and economic indicators have become increasingly mixed. President Bush will continue working with Congress to address the challenges our economy faces and help facilitate long-term economic growth, job growth, and better standards of living for all Americans.

* Real GDP grew at a strong 4.9 percent annual rate in the third quarter of 2007. The economy has now experienced six years of uninterrupted growth, averaging 2.8 percent a year since 2001.

* Real after-tax per capita personal income has risen by 11.7 percent - an average of more than $3,550 per person - since President Bush took office.

* Over the course of this Administration, productivity growth has averaged 2.6 percent per year. This growth is well above average productivity growth in the 1990s, 1980s, and 1970s.

By 2003, Mr. Bush grasped this lesson. In that year, he cut the dividend and capital gains rates to 15 percent each, and the economy responded. In two years, stocks rose 20 percent. In three years, $15 trillion of new wealth was created. The U.S. economy added 8 million new jobs from mid-2003 to early 2007, and the median household increased its wealth by $20,000 in real terms.

But the real jolt for tax-cutting opponents was that the 03 Bush tax cuts also generated a massive increase in federal tax receipts. From 2004 to 2007, federal tax revenues increased by $785 billion, the largest four-year increase in American history. According to the Treasury Department, individual and corporate income tax receipts were up 40 percent in the three years following the Bush tax cuts. And (bonus) the rich paid an even higher percentage of the total tax burden than they had at any time in at least the previous 40 years. This was news to theNew York Times, whose astonished editorial board could only describe the gains as a “surprise windfall.”

Old 02-13-2021, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Clinton had to clean up the mess made by Reaganomics

Obama had to clean up the mess by 8 years of GWB

and Biden has stepped into a pandemic which has crushed the middle and lower class, while the 1%ers all got richer
"Clinton had to clean up the mess", he left too much on Monica's blue dress!

Old 02-13-2021, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Why more Covid for Americans?
Does it REALLY have to be explained to you?

More and more I think we need to REQUIRE passing tests BEFORE people can vote!

Old 02-13-2021, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
They don't hate the America worker, it's that they can generate more kickbacks elsewhere, and it's all about the kickbacks.

The 1st they think about is "how can my political power make me the most money possible?"

This is what is driving the USA now.
"The 1st they think about is "how can my political power make me the most money possible?"

When you rob Peter to pay Paul AND Mary, Paul AND MARY will vote FOR YOU every time!

Old 02-13-2021, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
You and I don’t agree on much despite a similar heritage, but I agree, it’s insulting that they get pandered to.

Most are not legitimate asylum seekers. They are economic immigrants.

The problem is when you combine a $15 minimum wage with naturalizing 10+ million people. It can’t end well.

I’m semi-ok with one of these, not both.

1) a $15 minimum wage will lift many out of poverty, so they’ll no longer be eligible for many federal benefits. Unless of course the Dems also raise those limits which goes against the principle. Someone making $15 an hour full time shouldn’t be eligible for EIC or SNAP.

2) legalizing those already here, assuming they would otherwise qualify, brings them into public view. My concern is if their true allegiance is still not the US and they continue to send remittances “home”.

If you went through the same process I did, you know that our backgrounds had to be squeaky clean. The past legislation proposed for Dreamers allowed for a criminal record, some school, etc. in other words, people who wouldn’t otherwise qualify for immigration.

We need to reinstitute a sort of peace corps or mandatory service whereby anyone who wouldn’t qualify for normal immigration (skills and clean background) doesn’t automatically get a green card. They need to either serve in the military for 1-2 years or some alternative public service first. Maybe have them patrol our borders or help build public works.
" a $15 minimum wage will lift many out of poverty,"

A pipe dream. When the minimum wage goes up, the COST OF LIVING goes up. You might want to look into MANY UNION contracts.

"so they’ll no longer be eligible for many federal benefits."

Do you actually believe the benefits calculations WON'T be changed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies