Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2021, 06:28 PM

1,733 posts, read 947,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Most Republicans want to censure Liz Cheney.
Most Republicans give Marjorie Greene a "pass tolerance" (whatever that is supposed to mean)

that's now your assertion (noting you weren't even the claimant)?

Liz Cheney was 1 of 10 Republicans who voted for 2nd impeachment. Are the other 9 being attacked?

If "most Republicans want to censure Liz Cheney", then why ...

now, where I learned my math, 61 of 206 is not most.

Yes, the Wyoming GOP chose to censure her. They are not most Republicans, and there's no evidence that "most Wyoming Republicans" wanted her censured, other than that vote.

First, those who voted are her fellow (probably establishment) reps, not those constituents she was elected to represent.

And second, only 13% of Wyoming republicans would vote for her again after she voted to impeach President Trump.

Old 02-07-2021, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Think on this, before Trump was even sworn into office the Democrats and the left were looting and burning, and tearing the country in two. Trump had not even done anything as president, and yet members of congress were calling to impeach him, and refused to go to his inauguration.

This was not Trump's doing. It's not Trump's fault that the people who hated him on sight, didn't care what he had done, because he hadn't done anything yet. All it took was for people to imagine all kinds of horrible things they thought Trump might do, and they were off to the races.

19 minutes after he was sworn in, smh.

Old 02-07-2021, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Does any of that negate what I said? Trump did not acknowledge nor attempt to fix a widening rift. IMO he attempted to use it to advance his own agenda.

That rift was primarily the result of the media's relentless negative reporting on Trump; 93% btw. Every f-ing day, 24/7/365.

He did so much for this country but unless you're willing to dig for info, you'd never know. "You" in the general sense, not you in particular.

Old 02-07-2021, 06:42 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,883,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
My husband and I married in 1980. He was a registered Democrat, I was a registered Republican. Neither of us ever felt obligated to vote along party lines, but for those we believed were the best candidates.. There were years we walked hand in hand to our polling place to vote on different sides of the aisle, or issues, and we were always able to discuss our differing perspectives cordially, respecting each other's opinions.

Fast forward about 35 yrs, and seeing the Democrat party he once knew become infiltrated by left-wing marxists and other radicals, my husband changed his party affiliation to the GOP.
I'll ask what do you think of the far right?

Old 02-07-2021, 06:43 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,096,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yes but the Jews were arrested and mistreated just for being Jewish. The capitol rioters depending on what they did, did commit crimes. Big difference.
I think you're missing the larger point.

A person WANTS to turn in their FRIEND and NEIGHBOR.

Where is their loyalty? To the people who are there for them when they need some help, watch their kids or house when they're away and provide a shoulder to cry on during hard times, or... what? Politicians? Ideology?

Ask anyone on the far left about snitching. Ask pretty much... anyone. You don't call the cops every time you see a stranger run a stop sign. Why on earth would you call the FEDS on your FRIEND?

Old 02-07-2021, 06:50 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,883,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

Where is their loyalty? To the people who are there for them when they need some help, watch their kids or house when they're away and provide a shoulder to cry on during hard times, or... what? Politicians? Ideology?

Ask anyone on the far left about snitching. Ask pretty much... anyone. You don't call the cops every time you see a stranger run a stop sign. Why on earth would you call the FEDS on your FRIEND?
Because they (potentially) committed a crime. You think you should not turn in a criminal?

Old 02-07-2021, 06:57 PM

12,836 posts, read 9,033,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Your rebuttal is a whatabout? As though two wrongs make a right? (and you think her ability to lead by example comes anywhere close to his???) His first step could have been to acknowledge there was a problem.
It's not a "what about." To resolve a problem you first have to acknowledge the source of the problem. You want to bring this country together? It's simple. Stop accusing every conservative of being some version of racist, bigoted, homophobic, misogynist, seditionist, hater. I know I've left some out, but I just can't keep track of all the hate words being thrown toward conservatives any more.

That's all it will take.

Old 02-07-2021, 07:03 PM

6,110 posts, read 4,603,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

False equivalence. Reporting someone (whether you know them or not) for domestic terrorism and a violent riot is a totally different scenario than reporting a traffic violation.

Old 02-07-2021, 07:05 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,722,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Where was I the last four years?

Watching what was happening to our country under his rule....

Before that?

I voted for Reagan... I'm that old.

Does that tell you anything about me?

[@youtube]Jr6zajhtSBg[@/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr6zajhtSBg
Yes but I don't want to get booted for offending you ....

Old 02-07-2021, 07:06 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,754,926 times
Looking at the author's Wikipedia page...

Virginia Heffernan, a pretty, blonde New Yorker, born in Hanover, New Hampshire (Dartmouth), with a PhD in English from Harvard, has contributed articles to a long list of prestigious newspapers and magazines. She's the very definition of privileged. If you tried to create a fictional character to illustrate just how nasty and nutty some elite American journalists have become, you couldn't do better than Virginia. She is truly beyond satire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies