Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2021, 07:10 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,720,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Being that you're posting this on a forum rather than keeping it to yourself, the implication is that you're welcoming feedback.

And the feedback is that this is very odd behavior to go around your area taking pictures of Biden supporting signs so you can figure out who the signs belong to based on which homes they are placed in front of. What are you planning to do with that information?
Took them off my snowplow for free list. Booted them from the neighborhood watch and make sure my Pitbull's crap in their yard...............

Old 02-07-2021, 07:15 PM

6,107 posts, read 4,601,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Took them off my snowplow for free list. Booted them from the neighborhood watch and make sure my Pitbull's crap in their yard...............
Seriously dude? If you're trying to make the case for Trump supporters being good neighbors, well, you're doing a horrible job.

You're feeding the negative stereotypes that people have.

Old 02-07-2021, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Seriously dude? If you're trying to make the case for Trump supporters being good neighbors, that's doing a horrible job.
Finally caved in...People say you're a bad neighbor long enough you stop being a good neighbor ....Just wait until people get tired of being called Nazis and really start acting like Nazis...

Old 02-07-2021, 07:20 PM

6,107 posts, read 4,601,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Finally caved in...People say you're a bad neighbor long enough you stop being a good neighbor ....Just wait until people get tired of being called Nazis and really start acting like Nazis...
Oh okay, that sounds so much more reasonable.

Old 02-07-2021, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Oh okay, that sounds so much more reasonable.
Yep...Makes life easier too. Greatly reduced the requests for free help..................

Old 02-07-2021, 07:52 PM

16,068 posts, read 10,723,780 times
I actually don't know or care what my neighbors' political beliefs are. Nobody makes a big deal of it, usually. There are very few yard signs for the election. We do have a guy who makes a fool of himself with Trump flags. This is a permanent display and he has had as many as 20 flags but is down to about 10 or 12 since the election. He thinks it is patriotic but is actually ridiculous. This is a blue state so most people think he is a fool but leave him alone. Otherwise, I only know of a couple episodes of confrontation and these were always started by Trumpers who were rightfully put in their place. They tried some voter intimidation stunts on election day but it didn't work.

My old boss gave me some good advice: "Don't wrestle with a pig. The pig enjoys it and you just get yourself dirty."

Old 02-07-2021, 08:01 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,916,705 times
Quote:
False equivalence. Reporting someone (whether you know them or not) for domestic terrorism and a violent riot is a totally different scenario than reporting a traffic violation.
If they were one of those that stormed into the capital, not just attending the rally, by that logic all blm demonstrators should be arrested as well.

Old 02-07-2021, 08:04 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,916,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I think I have pretty good reading comprehension. The author definitely compared the nice neighbors to the people she stayed with in France who liked the Nazi collaborator or Hezbollah people. I thought she would eventually say that was her feeling going in but she has talked to her neighbors and realized they have more in common than they think or something, but instead she basically said they were nice to do that but she is not going to forgive them unless they can admit that their political beliefs are entirely wrong.
That is so tolerant of her.

Old 02-07-2021, 09:03 PM

18,557 posts, read 7,361,047 times
Quote:
False equivalence. Reporting someone (whether you know them or not) for domestic terrorism and a violent riot is a totally different scenario than reporting a traffic violation.
No one is doing that.

There wasn't any "domestic terrorism" that could be reported.

Old 02-07-2021, 09:23 PM

30,137 posts, read 11,759,905 times
Quote:
Being that you're posting this on a forum rather than keeping it to yourself, the implication is that you're welcoming feedback.

And the feedback is that this is very odd behavior to go around your area taking pictures of Biden supporting signs so you can figure out who the signs belong to based on which homes they are placed in front of. What are you planning to do with that information?

That is strange behavior another reason I don't put political signs in my yard or stickers on my cars. There are too many wackos out there that are capable of anything and you never know what might trigger them. And its been over a decade since anyone I liked was even in presidential primaries so its not really an issue.

And I live in a red state and county but there were not many Trump signs, pretty much zero Biden signs around. Mostly local races.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies