Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2021, 03:24 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,395,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
If it is so successful why didn’t they benefit from it enough to stay there?
You keep asking this. I guess you have no fight in you?

Old 02-07-2021, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I know supply and demand, I grew up in California four miles from the beach, average middle class can not afford to buy a home there anymore at least not without help. My son lived there for awhile and paid $1,600 a month for a one bedroom apartment. We own a business, so I’m aware of supply and demand.
So why are you asking silly questions?

Old 02-07-2021, 03:26 PM

2,448 posts, read 892,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
But WI is currently a liberal hellhole, no? And you live in a city, I'm guessing. Madison, perhaps?

Maybe you should move to Alabama is or Arkansas. Or to TN. I believe you're a teacher(?). These states desperately need better schools and teachers. I know, because I live here. Mind you, you'd have to accept a MUCH lower salary than what you're probably used to.

Has woman's intuition been taking a hit, lately? No, I do not live in Madison. I live on the other end of the state. Rural, rural area. So rural, we just got Betamax copies of My Dinner With Andre at our local video rental place. We'll break open the Spam and mainline cheese curds.

Old 02-07-2021, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
So why are you asking silly questions?
Not a single question mark in his post.

Old 02-07-2021, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
You're awfully demanding and entitled, sister. Not that this is stereotypical of enlightened liberal city dwellers, of course.

Look at all these blue havens on these lists!

https://www.businessinsider.com/fast...bend-oregon-24

Now scroll down on this one to the list of the 5 largest cities at the top and the bottom. What, pray tell, do those bottom five have in common?
https://wallethub.com/edu/fastest-growing-cities/7010

(Must. Avoid. Addressing. The. Obvious!)
Lmao you just showed me a list of metro areas that have no relevance to this topic. Bend, Oregon? Lmao. Arguing with red people like you is just entertainment.

Old 02-07-2021, 03:30 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Humorously, the cities and places that most closely resemble feudal society are these blue city dystopias.
I live in TN, a state with a high crime rate, some of the worst school districts in the country, and pretty low educational attainment. It's also a hotspot for addictions of all kinds, including opioid addiction and alcoholism, with a shockingly unhealthy population overall.

Old 02-07-2021, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Yep, I love small Republican cities lots and lots of supply and very little demand. Uncrowded stores, don't have to be around nasty, dirty, rude people all day and every day.

I think lots and lots of supply and very little demand is wonderful myself.

Thanks to high-speed internet, a vast majority of non-goods related employment can be done anywhere in the world.

What is appealing about being in COVID-19 petri-dish big cities that have skyrocketing issues with crime, rampant drug use because people are stressed, massive unemployment.

How many on welfare and resided in public housing in Brooklyn? How many poor, single mothers have children they couldn't afford in Brooklyn?

One couldn't pay me to be subjected to the culture of Brooklyn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn_2SeCqf5c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXqzKR74jJ8
I’m from Brooklyn not sure what your goal here is. I can show you must worse ghettos in red states. Brooklyn alone could probably take on full cities located in red states. How sad!

Your post is filled with uneducated ramble. Something that can easily be countered.

Old 02-07-2021, 03:32 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
I’m from Brooklyn not sure what your goal here is. I can show you must worse ghettos in red states. Brooklyn alone could probably take on full cities located in red states. How sad!
Are you inciting or advocating violence?

Old 02-07-2021, 03:33 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Has woman's intuition been taking a hit, lately? No, I do not live in Madison. I live on the other end of the state. Rural, rural area. So rural, we just got Betamax copies of My Dinner With Andre at our local video rental place. We'll break open the Spam and mainline cheese curds.
You'll fit right in here in TN, boy! Come on down!

Old 02-07-2021, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Lmao you just showed me a list of metro areas that have no relevance to this topic. Bend, Oregon? Lmao. Arguing with red people like you is just entertainment.
If you'll focus your mental faculties for a minute, you will see a list in the second link, something I explicitly cited in the post, that list the top five and bottom five largest cities for economic growth. I then asked if you might see a pattern. I believe the bottom five were St. Louis, Detroit, Baltimore, Memphis, and Cleveland. Whaddya think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies