Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2021, 08:12 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Understand but it shows just how segregated this nation was and how much the experiences of black people have been excluded. People are having such a fit over a song that has been around for ages and existed because black people were told by the highest court of they land that they could never become American citizens.

Anyway, the lyrics are very uplifting. This should be no big deal at all.
I agree completely. It is a harmless gesture of goodwill and respect. It harms no one and cost no one anything. LOL How many black people enjoyed listening to Hank Williams JR do the opening for Monday night football? LOL. I happen to like a lot of Hanks older stuff but the guy is a drunk that cant be depended upon to show up at his own concerts.

There are plenty of other things to have a fit over. Like my Lab getting into my Charcoal and spreading it all over the yard. My yellow lab has black face and I have confronted her for her insensitivity.

Good Post.

Old 02-08-2021, 08:12 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Except that EVERYONE was picked because they are black, or represent black people! .
Quote:
I never said that. For the umpteenth time.

And the business about being offended that blacks people getting recognized is ridiculous, and your continued claims about that is nasty and bullying. I am offended that people are being selected for roles from among a specific race only. You are doing what so many leftists do - take things to an extreme, assign meanings to things never said, falsely insist people have said things they never did, and call others racist when they are not.
see your above post

Old 02-08-2021, 08:13 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,073,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Come on now, you know damned well that some positions are absolutely filled based upon race or gender.

Walk through a few airports and tell me that AA wasn't the driver behind hiring. No? Take a stroll through, JFK, LAX, ATL, ORD, or LGA. The vast majority seen are minority employees. I don't really care because I never wanted a job at an airport, or civil service, but let's not pretend that a lot of hiring with in the Fed and State doesn't happen based upon race.

I detest statistics because they are so easily manipulated. My son is black and he works private sector, so once again I dont have a dog in the fight and dont care either way. I just care when someone tries to pretend that institutionalized racist policies dont exist and that minorities aren't hired due to AA or other racist policies..
You might have had a point but you used the worst example possible. First of all because 1. most airports are in lower middle class or less desirable areas, or they create lower middle class less desirable areas because Airports leads to serious noise pollution.

The area that Atlanta's airport is in, is between 60-90% black depending on which side of the airport you leave. Yes, every single community bordering Atlanta's airport is plurality or majority black. Why? Because white people generally have more money and thus choices and noise pollution is very much a push factor.

JFK- Some of the blackest part of Queens like Rosedale, Jamaica, South Jamaica and black middle class suburbs like Elmont surround JFK.

LAX- borders South Central L.A.

O'Hare- I'll give it to you, isn't close to any black areas, but West Chicago is only 10-15 miles away, and is heavily black.

LGA- in a mostly Hispanic area with large minorities of Blacks, Whites and Asians.

As you can see many of these airports are surrounded by black communities, and the airport jobs do not pay good. Poor white people don't live in the city and most white people working at the airport is above their paygrade. The median airport worker only earns 33,000 USD.

Again assuming airports in generally poorer parts of the city (due to noise pollution), and with low paying jobs is somehow affirmative action, makes zero sense. Unless your thinking blacks are getting hired for $33,000 a year over whites...

Old 02-08-2021, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
These people actually DO have their own National Anthem...

IMO if the Blacks can get the Black National Anthem played before football games...

This should be played before stock car races, monster trucks and mod bogs, fishing derbies, rodeos and perhaps before local pool hall tournaments where money is exchanged...

The Redneck National Anthem: Vernon Oxford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-bzv3-pEVU
Posting that song should be deemed a personal attack on anyone who isn't deaf. Just saying.

Old 02-08-2021, 08:16 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
see your above post
Yes, they were picked because they were black, but that wasn’t the only reason. They had to have talent. What is wrong is that they were picked from among blacks only. Like the earlier poster said: necessary but not sufficient. IOW, it was necessary that they be black, but that alone wasn’t sufficient. And that is racist!

Are you guys just being obtuse? You really think I meant they just picked a random black person off the street to sing?

Old 02-08-2021, 08:17 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Posting that song should be deemed a personal attack on anyone who isn't deaf. Just saying.
Actually, I didn’t listen to it. It was a black poster mocking whites. How would it be if I posted something with a black person acting like an idiot? The leftists would be crying racist.

Old 02-08-2021, 08:17 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Yes, they were picked because they were black, but that wasn’t the only reason. They had to have talent. What is wrong is that they were picked from among blacks only. Like the earlier poster said: necessary but not sufficient. IOW, it was necessary that they be black, but that alone wasn’t sufficient. And that is racist!

Are you guys just being obtuse? You really think I meant they just picked a random black person off the street to sing?
Shrug, you said they were picked because they’re black. Period. You never once mentioned talent. That is until I called out your post & then you tried backpedaling. Unsuccessfully.

Old 02-08-2021, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
You might have had a point but you used the worst example possible. First of all because 1. most airports are in lower middle class or less desirable areas, or they create lower middle class less desirable areas because Airports leads to serious noise pollution.

The area that Atlanta's airport is in, is between 60-90% black depending on which side of the airport you leave. Yes, every single community bordering Atlanta's airport is plurality or majority black. Why? Because white people generally have more money and thus choices and noise pollution is very much a push factor.

JFK- Some of the blackest part of Queens like Rosedale, Jamaica, South Jamaica and black middle class suburbs like Elmont surround JFK.

LAX- borders South Central L.A.

O'Hare- I'll give it to you, isn't close to any black areas, but West Chicago is only 10-15 miles away, and is heavily black.

LGA- in a mostly Hispanic area with large minorities of Blacks, Whites and Asians.

As you can see many of these airports are surrounded by black communities, and the airport jobs do not pay good. Poor white people don't live in the city and most white people working at the airport is above their paygrade. The median airport worker only earns 33,000 USD.

Again assuming airports in generally poorer parts of the city (due to noise pollution), and with low paying jobs is somehow affirmative action, makes zero sense. Unless your thinking blacks are getting hired for $33,000 a year over whites...
And if there wasn't any possibility of public transportation to those facilities you might have a point, but alas they do hire minorities at a much higher rate.

I stand by my point and like I say I really dont care because I never wanted a civil service job, or one at an airport. That noise pollution you mentioned not to mention crowds of irate travelers.

Old 02-08-2021, 08:19 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
I agree completely. It is a harmless gesture of goodwill and respect. It harms no one and cost no one anything. LOL How many black people enjoyed listening to Hank Williams JR do the opening for Monday night football? LOL. I happen to like a lot of Hanks older stuff but the guy is a drunk that cant be depended upon to show up at his own concerts.

There are plenty of other things to have a fit over. Like my Lab getting into my Charcoal and spreading it all over the yard. My yellow lab has black face and I have confronted her for her insensitivity.

Good Post.
I do really think it should be presented and treated as an American treasure. We should all be proud of it as a young nation that has forged through a difficult past and has a bright future if we choose to grasp it.

LOLOL @ your lab story!!!

Old 02-08-2021, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Actually, I didn’t listen to it. It was a black poster mocking whites. How would it be if I posted something with a black person acting like an idiot? The leftists would be crying racist.
Pssst. Sometimes those black posters, mocking whites, have something interesting to say. Just saying.

Hey he could have posted this one. Pretty much nails the white trash, redneck, stereotype

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y4q...rt_radio=1&t=0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies