Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2021, 08:25 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,495,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Pssst. Sometimes those black posters, mocking whites, have something interesting to say. Just saying.

Hey he could have posted this one. Pretty much nails the white trash, redneck, stereotype

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y4q...rt_radio=1&t=0
Another one making fun of whitey? I ask again....how would it be if posters linked to videos of stupid, low-class blacks? Would you say that the white person mocking blacks might have something interesting to say?

Old 02-08-2021, 08:27 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,874,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
I do really think it should be presented and treated as an American treasure. We should all be proud of it as a young nation that has forged through a difficult past and has a bright future if we choose to grasp it.

LOLOL @ your lab story!!!

LOL I agree. I dont know why people hate to give up just a little.

My lab. I just got home from chemo and was feeling rough. I just wanted to sit under our mango tree and enjoy a (beverage), buuuuuuuuut noooooooooooo, somebody had chunks of charcoal all over the yard. Somebody in blackface attempted to blame the cat. Her back was black from rolling on it.

What can you do? LOL

Old 02-08-2021, 08:28 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,065,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yes, they were picked because they were black, but that wasn’t the only reason. They had to have talent. What is wrong is that they were picked from among blacks only. Like the earlier poster said: necessary but not sufficient. IOW, it was necessary that they be black, but that alone wasn’t sufficient. And that is racist!

Are you guys just being obtuse? You really think I meant they just picked a random black person off the street to sing?
I posted directly to you. 11/20 of the top 20 song currently out are by black artists. 9/11 of the top artists to make the Hot 100 are black people. The two white people where Elvis and The Cast of Glee which is a show not really a musical act by itself.

Black musicians have dominated American music completely yet your saying that 4/5 musicians being black is some sort of inherent bias. Again, i'l mention the Weeknd. He is literally the most popular English singer or maybe the 2nd after Drake or Ed Sheeran.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...sts_on_Spotify

The Weeknd is currently the number 1 artist on Spotify in terms of monthly listeners, yet you have the gall to say he was picked because he was black. He's currently number 1 in terms of monthly streams. Jeez Louise...

Old 02-08-2021, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Another one making fun of whitey? I ask again....how would it be if posters linked to videos of stupid, low-class blacks? Would you say that the white person mocking blacks might have something interesting to say?
Because I am a whitey and Ill make fun of my own whenever I want. If a black person posted a Boondocks clip, no one would say a thing.

For example. One like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj9Hzs-vBLE

Old 02-08-2021, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I posted directly to you. 11/20 of the top 20 song currently out are by black artists. 9/11 of the top artists to make the Hot 100 are black people. The two white people where Elvis and The Cast of Glee which is a show not really a musical act by itself.

Black musicians have dominated American music completely yet your saying that 4/5 musicians being black is some sort of inherent bias. Again, i'l mention the Weeknd. He is literally the most popular English singer or maybe the 2nd after Drake or Ed Sheeran.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...sts_on_Spotify

The Weeknd is currently the number 1 artist on Spotify in terms of monthly listeners, yet you have the gall to say he was picked because he was black. He's currently number 1 in terms of monthly streams. Jeez Louise...
Jeez Louise....another one missing the point. Consider that the Black National Anthem was played, and how our president announced beforehand that he was limiting his choice for VP to blacks only, and how he said he was privatizing blacks businesses for economic recovery, etc., etc.

Honestly, if they hadn’t kicked the whole thing off with the Black National Anthem, segmenting out a specific group of Americans, it wouldn’t have been so obvious.

Old 02-08-2021, 08:34 PM

Quote:
And if there wasn't any possibility of public transportation to those facilities you might have a point, but alas they do hire minorities at a much higher rate.

I stand by my point and like I say I really dont care because I never wanted a civil service job, or one at an airport. That noise pollution you mentioned not to mention crowds of irate travelers.
But, who commutes more than 30 minutes to a 33,000 dollar job. Now I understand if your earning 100,000 a year. But 33,000 dollars you can get that sort of job, anywhere the vast majority of the people bordering these suburbs work at the airport, because in a lower income neighborhood that's often the best jobs around, and many of these airports were built in black areas, and some of them attracted black people because of their access to cheap jobs. Again your arguing that a job that no one generally wants, you yourself said so... Is choosing to hire black people at a disproportionate amount. I'm almost 100% sure that black people apply at a disproportionate amount, and many of them lived in a disproportional amount, in close proximity to said airport.

Maybe not you personally, but the majority of Affirmative Action arguments are BS. I've even heard someone said that Popeyes go out their way to hire black people.. which if you think about for 3 seconds makes no sense.

Old 02-08-2021, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Because I am a whitey and Ill make fun of my own whenever I want. If a black person posted a Boondocks clip, no one would say a thing.

For example. One like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj9Hzs-vBLE
I know you’re a whitey. That’s not the point. If it is racist to link to videos of blacks acting like idiots as a way to make fun of the race, then it’s racist to do the same thing with whites.

P.S. Did you just switch out your video? I gather the latest mocks blacks. In any event, I haven’t watched any of them.

Old 02-08-2021, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Jeez Louise....another one missing the point. Consider that the Black National Anthem was played, and how our president announced beforehand that he was limiting his choice for VP to blacks only, and how he said he was privatizing blacks businesses for economic recovery, etc., etc.

Honestly, if they hadn’t kicked the whole thing off with the Black National Anthem, segmenting out a specific group of Americans, it wouldn’t have been so obvious.
You do realize the Black National Anthem was called that before the Star-Spangled Banner was adopted as the U.S National Anthem. Even then the original version of the star-spangled Banner was racist, and as a result the song didn't become the national anthem for a 100 years after it was written, until the short-term version became the National Anthem.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/histo...tional-anthem/

Old 02-08-2021, 08:38 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,550,144 times
Quote:
I know you’re a whitey. That’s not the point. If it is racist to link to videos of blacks acting like idiots as a way to make fun of the race, then it’s racist to do the same thing with whites.
You didn’t even watch the video that he posted, just a knee jerk reaction based on what you think happened. It’s a video of a band playing a song. Can you tell us what idiotic behavior was going on in that video to make you cry that it’s a video of whites acting like idiots?

Old 02-08-2021, 08:43 PM

Quote:
You know the boondocks is black people making fun of their perceived stereotypes. It doesn't make blacks angry to see a link posted. Its the intent for which it was posted. For example If I posted something like the boondocks on a thread that is openly disparaging to blacks, then snap somebody is going to call foul.

Like if someone posted that slaves were happy and well treated then posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbKLM75YpnA
Yep there would be an uproar and rightly so. Blacks have a wonderful sense of humor. You wouldn't want to hear my son's but he is the one who turned me on to Boondocks so many years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.