Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 06:24 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Did the Capitol rioters went to the capitol to look for some black men to hang by the neck or something? If no, why are they being labeled as "white supremacists"?
That’s what leftists do. They are trying to paint Republicans as white supremacists - look at how they yell racist at everyone who disagrees with their politics - while downplaying the summer of destruction at city after city, week after week, month after month, by radical leftist groups and their followers.

Old 02-10-2021, 06:25 AM

5,343 posts, read 3,212,693 times
Quote:
Did the Capitol rioters went to the capitol to look for some black men to hang by the neck or something? If no, why are they being labeled as "white supremacists"?
The entirety of the CNN article mentions the phrase "white supremacist" a grand total of one time, and here is the phrase in context:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNN Article:
"What we've seen too often is that this kind of ideological militancy is allowed to exist in the military," said former FBI agent Michael German who spent years undercover in White supremacist and domestic extremist groups and is now a fellow at the Brennan Center For Justice. "And there isn't enough effort to root it out and to actually paint it as what it is: an anti-democratic movement that's a threat to our security within our security forces."
So nowhere in the CNN article referenced by "daily caller" does it label the Capitol rioters as white supremacists.

Old 02-10-2021, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
That’s what leftists do. They are trying to paint Republicans as white supremacists - look at how they yell racist at everyone who disagrees with their politics - while downplaying the summer of destruction at city after city, week after week, month after month, by radical leftist groups and their followers.
And judging by this thread that's what rightists do - make false assumptions and the rest of the mindless follow along, pitchforks in hand.

It's really clear how the Trump rally turned to a riot so quickly. This entire base is easily persuaded and not really into fact checking. Add in a good dose of blindly following the leader (hey that guy says stuff I agree with so he's always right!) and it's a recipe for disaster. Just like when they broke into the Capitol.

Old 02-10-2021, 06:38 AM

14,227 posts, read 4,592,230 times
Here are some high profile cases of extremism within the military from both former and active duty servicemembers within the last 10 years or so. Extremism is nothing new in the military, but now it is a "big deal" after Jan 6

2009 Fort Hood shooting left 13 dead + 1 unborn child - active duty Army major radicalized Islamic extremist

2016 Shooting dead of 5 Dallas police officers - former US Army reservist radicalized black militant

2016 Baton Rouge shooting left 3 police officers dead - former USMC radicalized black militant

2020 shooting left 2 dead (1 police officer and 1 federal government security guard) - radicalized US Air Force sergeant angry over cops shooting black men

Old 02-10-2021, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Here are some high profile cases of extremism within the military from both former and active duty servicemembers within the last 10 years or so. Extremism is nothing new in the military, but now it is a "big deal" after Jan 6
So is your argument that extremism should be tolerated or looked into?

Old 02-10-2021, 06:47 AM

14,227 posts, read 4,592,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
So is your argument that extremism should be tolerated or looked into?
quote me where i said that.

Old 02-10-2021, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
And judging by this thread that's what rightists do - make false assumptions and the rest of the mindless follow along, pitchforks in hand.

It's really clear how the Trump rally turned to a riot so quickly. This entire base is easily persuaded and not really into fact checking. Add in a good dose of blindly following the leader (hey that guy says stuff I agree with so he's always right!) and it's a recipe for disaster. Just like when they broke into the Capitol.
The entire base?? All 74 million of us?

And we don't think the election was fraudulent because Trump said so. We can see for ourselves. Your comment is as demeaning as if someone were to say "blacks just believe whatever the BLM tells them to".

And were the Biden base just blinding following the BLM and Antifa terrorists when they burned down buildings, and rioted in city after city after city after city after city after city......for week after week after week after week?

There was ONE idiotic riot by people inflamed by how they've been treated, and DOZENS of riots by people inflamed by how they think THEY have been treated. Yet, we had leftists downplay the riots all summer because....leftists were the violent ones.

Old 02-10-2021, 06:54 AM

Quote:

2009 Fort Hood shooting left 13 dead + 1 unborn child - active duty Army major radicalized Islamic extremist

2016 Shooting dead of 5 Dallas police officers - former US Army reservist radicalized black militant

2016 Baton Rouge shooting left 3 police officers dead - former USMC radicalized black militant

2020 shooting left 2 dead (1 police officer and 1 federal government security guard) - radicalized US Air Force sergeant angry over cops shooting black men
Shhhhhh.....doesn't fit their narrative.

Old 02-10-2021, 06:58 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Um, isn't it up to the persons making the assertions to support those assertions?

If CNN is claiming something, why would you automatically assume, as you did above, that they're correct, regardless of intention? Do news outlets ever get anything wrong?

Your blind defense of a cable channel is mystifying.
I don't watch CNN (AT ALL), but I thought the claim was based on US Law Enforcement observations. CNN is just reporting what (I think it was the FBI, not sure) concluded.

Even though I can't stand CNN, and don't watch them, why would they NOT report this, if it's what has been found? Refute the reports if you want, but don't blame CNN for reporting it.

If I'm wrong, I know someone will let me know.

Old 02-10-2021, 06:59 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
quote me where i said that.
The quote you refuted asked you a question. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies