Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2021, 07:50 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
My boomer mother can't keep her face off the dumbphone, she's like a 12 y/o.
I believe it. My silent generation mom (age 78) doesn't have a cell phone -- she complains about them all the time, how people are controlled by their screens.

Yet she has the damn TV on, blaring, for more hours than she doesn't. It drives me so crazy, I can't stay at her house for long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2021, 08:15 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,098,838 times
This whole thread is hilarious. You claim all millennials do is complain yet you created a thread to COMPLAIN about MILLENNIALS! LOL

You say we millennials are too connected to our devices but my boomer parents are more attached the their phones than me and my gen z brother. My mother, a boomer, believes 90% of what she reads of Facebook and spends more time on FB than me or my peers. My father, a boomer, at gatherings spends more time watching videos on YT than socializing.

Someone on this thread claimed we haven't gone through any life changing events, um WTF. I'm tired of living through once in a lifetime of events or once in a generation type of events. I was 13 when Columbine happened, 16 when 9/11 happened, DC Sniper, Never-ending war, graduated from college to no job prospects bc of a crappy economy in 2008, living through my second once in a generation recession and a pandemic before I even turn 40 and we are forever being told that we are the ones ruining the country. We aren't in charge of anything to be running it.

Take a good look in the mirror before pointing your finger at a whole generation of people. We didn't raise ourselves and we are doing the best with what we were handed. How about Boomers stop ruining the country, falling for catfish online, believing everything your read on social media.

Every generation thinks the ones after them are ruining everything but we're not. And I love the millennial mentality that we are trying to not do the same with Gen Z. We are trying to lift them up and support them and not just cut them down like boomers and X'ers did to us. Gen X, really I have no beef with you, you try to be decent at least.

I ask again, how are we ruining the country when we do not have any power?

Old 02-11-2021, 08:18 AM

19,210 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Most of the threads in this section are here purely for entertainment purposes, sawyersmom. People need a place to come to complain. The bars are still closed.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:26 AM

1,227 posts, read 1,281,358 times
What millennials have going for them is: Boomers are dying off every day.

What millennials have to look forward to: Getting old, then dying off every day.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:42 AM

7,777 posts, read 6,387,704 times
Correction:

#14 their heads are always where the sun doesn't shine.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:52 AM

19,210 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrian View Post
What millennials have going for them is: Boomers are dying off every day.

What millennials have to look forward to: Getting old, then dying off every day.
Exactly. It's the cycle of life

Old 02-11-2021, 08:56 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post

Someone on this thread claimed we haven't gone through any life changing events, um WTF. I'm tired of living through once in a lifetime of events or once in a generation type of events. I was 13 when Columbine happened, 16 when 9/11 happened, DC Sniper, Never-ending war, graduated from college to no job prospects bc of a crappy economy in 2008, living through my second once in a generation recession and a pandemic before I even turn 40 and we are forever being told that we are the ones ruining the country. We aren't in charge of anything to be running it.
So much this. What generational setbacks did the boomers have? Vietnam, I'll give them that. The 1970s weren't the easiest decade economically but most of them seem to be very nostalgic for it and the 70s economy was nowhere near as bad as 2008-12 or 2020-21.

Many millennials have had a hard time even getting their lives off the ground because every few years there's some major life-changing event or economic crash. What I would give to have the kind of advantages the boomers enjoyed in their prime. Many of the boomers on this board seem to not get that "pulling yourself up by your bootstraps" is much, much more difficult in 2021 than it was in 1983.

Old 02-11-2021, 09:04 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Satire is based in truth, and as mentioned the indignant comments of offended milenials after the article prove the point.

Millenials are offended by Oxygen
Someone else already responded perfectly, so.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
The satire in the article you cited that it's ridiculous that "boomers" are blaming "millennials" for all of the world's problems. That's point of the buzzfeed list and that remains lost on you. It's deeply ironic that you've taken to the internet to complain about an entire generation of people because they complain too much. I'm assuming that's lost on you as well.
Yes, he seems not to get that the article is actually pointing out how stupid Boomers are to complain. As I said earlier, the Hyperlinks to Twitter actually show Millennials and Gen Z combating each of the arguments made by Boomers.

And even the comments are doing the same, but he is so lost, he literally only looked at the bullet points.

Old 02-11-2021, 09:23 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Do you even know when the last small pox pandemic occurred?
Of course, that's the whole point. Imagine pretty much any generation in the past beyond recent ones and realize that life was a living hell for 99% of humans and the struggle was just to make it to the next day. Millenials have absolutely no remote concept of how good they have it and these so called struggles they cry about every day are absolutely NOTHING in the grand scheme of things.

They have no grounding and no concept that they have every tool available to take it upon themselves to put together a highly successful life, instead they look to everyone else to either solve their problems or blame.

Old 02-11-2021, 09:28 AM

321 posts, read 128,870 times
As a Gen x latch key kid we were not babied. but we have to start looking at people individually not as a whole generation. Although I am 45 I can relate to plenty of 35-44 years old's since i am a younger gen x.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies