Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 09:28 AM

89,011 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
As a baby boomer, I remember the same thing being said about us
Each subsequent generation was making progress, until the millennials. US millennials began the backwards slide into devolution. Each subsequent US generation will be less capable than the last.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/america...but-unskilled/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2021, 09:32 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,952,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
And they won’t stay off my grass!
are you referring to your supply of the smokable grass or your lawn?

Old 02-10-2021, 09:34 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post

Millennials are central to the the fight against racism. I'd love to see your source for millennials having no black friends, because without one it's simply a fantasy land rant from an irrationally angry person lashing out. By the way, fighting systemic racism is about far more than "having black friends." I'm not sure which generation you're from, but I'm sure they wouldn't be thrilled to have you representing their views on the topic.
To be fair, demographics are in play with regard to having black friends.

There aren't enough of us black people to go around for every white person to have black friends, even if we were evenly distributed.

Old 02-10-2021, 09:36 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Each subsequent generation was making progress, until the millennials. US millennials began the backwards slide into devolution. Each subsequent US generation will be less capable than the last.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/america...but-unskilled/
We can't pretend the Great Recession--which was done by Boomers--didn't happen. We can't pretend the conversion from a production economy to a consumer economy--which was done by Boomers--didn't happen.

The Millennial hasn't yet been in control of enough of American politics, industry, or media to bear blame for "ruining the country."

Give them another 25 years, then we'll see.

Old 02-10-2021, 09:37 AM

1,227 posts, read 1,281,358 times
“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.”

--Socrates, approximately 2400 years ago

Old 02-10-2021, 09:39 AM

11,474 posts, read 6,002,443 times
The current generations are products, not causes. The previous generations who brainwashed the current generations are the causes. The current generations are just the effect of that liberal/PC/woke brainwashing.

It is all part of the plan to destroy the American society, culture, and economy. It is working like a charm. As ever, I am so thrilled to be much nearer the end of life than the beginning. I actually knew a decent measure of freedom and privacy during my lifetime. Future generations, not so much.

Thank you Lord God that I was born in the 1950s and not today.

Old 02-10-2021, 09:40 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
are you referring to your supply of the smokable grass or your lawn?
Lawn is past tense law.

Old 02-10-2021, 09:46 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Nothing in this list describes the millennials I raised. It’s just awful that they all have advanced degrees, own their own homes and make six figure incomes while my brother the Boomer just filed bankruptcy for the second time.

Every generation contains a mix of responsible and crappy people. It has always been so and ever shall be. Amen.
I agree. There are some good and bad in each generation. I do kind of feel the bad are worse than the bad of previous generations. I'm just over the age of millennials, and I work with some that are annoying as heck. They literally want all the attention. Granted, these folks are hard workers so I grant them that. But the me, me, me attitude is just annoying. I can't hardly stand to go to work parties anymore. It involves listening to them rattle on the entire time.

Oh, and everyone has it "too easy" now a days. We are soft. First generation not to have a major life changing event. We don't realize how good we have it. We have time to sit around and complain about everything instead of just working for the day's/week's/month's meals.

Old 02-10-2021, 09:47 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Generational finger pointing is stupid.

Old 02-10-2021, 09:54 AM

89,011 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
We can't pretend the Great Recession--which was done by Boomers--didn't happen. We can't pretend the conversion from a production economy to a consumer economy--which was done by Boomers--didn't happen.

The Millennial hasn't yet been in control of enough of American politics, industry, or media to bear blame for "ruining the country."

Give them another 25 years, then we'll see.
The problem is that US millennials lack literacy, math, and technology skills, compared to their international peers. Even those at the 90th percentile and/or who have graduate degrees lag their international peers at that same level. None of that has anything to do with the Great Recession. It has to do with the US's crappy education system that prioritizes social justice and social conditioning over academics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies