Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 06:17 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,040,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
he sold out..cancel his ass..
He’s no working class hero.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2021, 07:36 AM

3,006 posts, read 1,493,228 times
They could reshoot the ad with beer in the jeep for states with drive-thru liquor stores.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:01 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
The rumors around NJ is that he blew a 0.02, well below the legal limit.

They are saying that he was riding a motorcycle, and stopped to take a picture with fans. They gave him a shot of tequila. He drank it without getting off the motorcycle first, and a cop saw him. I guess that is treated the same as drinking while driving.

I wonder if any of this is true. We'll see.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:26 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post

They are saying that he was riding a motorcycle, and stopped to take a picture with fans. They gave him a shot of tequila. He drank it without getting off the motorcycle first, and a cop saw him. I guess that is treated the same as drinking while driving.

For those interested, this is being reported by the NY Post, no defender of liberals or their causes.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/11/bruce-...ot-of-tequila/

Old 02-11-2021, 11:30 AM

9,881 posts, read 4,646,105 times
He was supposedly on federal land which might have different rules. In some parks federal, state or local alcohol is forbidden.

https://nj1015.com/reports-springste...low-dwi-limit/

Driving on federal land with alcohol in system break a law with a zero tolerance policy?

Also if they're are federal charges involved how did he get clearance to play at inaugaration?

Old 02-11-2021, 11:48 AM

5,527 posts, read 3,253,078 times
Quote:

I heard this too. Sounds like they threw the book at him for something innocuous.

Old 02-11-2021, 11:52 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Jeep pulls Bruce Springsteen's 'unity' ad after a DWI he got in November was recently revealed.

https://extratv.com/2021/02/10/jeep-...is-dwi-arrest/
Cancel culture strikes again...complete BS. And I think he's a tool.

Old 02-11-2021, 12:01 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Cancel culture.

I don't agree with his politics, but I thought that Jeep commercial sent a good message. And I like his older music.

DWI is pretty stupid for someone who can afford to hire a top NASCAR driver to drive him around. But it was just a DWI. It's not like he raped someone.
I'm not so sure this really is Cancel culture...

Employers fire CDL drivers all the time with DWI's even when driving their own personal vehicle. They do this because they are now a liability during their employment (remember truck drivers work alone without monitor for extensive periods of time).

The key is now they are perceived as a liability....

An automotive company who hires a spokesperson for his/her image that contributes to the brand. If that spokesperson no longer able to use his/her image to further their brand due to personal behavior, they too are a perceived liability.

Just like the CDL driver, it is reasonable to also fire the spokesperson. Neither's personal decisions are now contributing to the company they work for and both are perceived liabilities.

This is a private business... they get to make the choices. Or perhaps Conservatives aren't really for private business rights...

Old 02-11-2021, 12:02 PM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
I'm not a fan of Springsteen's after he dropped the music mic and threw his political opinion around but I think it is wrong that JeeP pulled that lame ad.

We are turning into a bunch of cancel culture babies. What is great about America is that no matter who you are you can rise to great things and be celebrated. I doubt that there are too many that enjoy the top echelons of our society that didn't trip or stumble on their way up.

We have all had our issues in our lives and hopefully we have learned and grown past them.

This one and done thing, this cancel culture is getting ridiculous. Where will it end? We all know about Trump's business failings but when will Bidens' and Harris' failed policies and instances when they were on the wrong side of a policy come out so we can cancel them?

It is sort of fun to see the Left eat their own now that they don't have Trump to kick around anymore but geez people how about some sympathy for others?

Old 02-11-2021, 12:03 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I'm not a fan of Springsteen's after he dropped the music mic and threw his political opinion around but I think it is wrong that JeeP pulled that lame ad.

We are turning into a bunch of cancel culture babies. What is great about America is that no matter who you are you can rise to great things and be celebrated. I doubt that there are too many that enjoy the top echelons of our society that didn't trip or stumble on their way up.

We have all had our issues in our lives and hopefully we have learned and grown past them.

This one and done thing, this cancel culture is getting ridiculous. Where will it end? We all know about Trump's business failings but when will Bidens' and Harris' failed policies and instances when they were on the wrong side of a policy come out so we can cancel them?

It is sort of fun to see the Left eat their own now that they don't have Trump to kick around anymore but geez people how about some sympathy for others?
Eat their own? What are you even talking about? You guys toss that out there without even thinking about what you mean. Lame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies