Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2021, 11:09 AM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And James Gunn's Twits joking about rape and pedophilia. He was fired and rehired.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...hed/809278002/

Both Pedro and Gunn are cash cows, Gina , not so much. Not to mention the attacks she has been getting on social media for not conforming to the group think the past couple of years. It was just too much for Disney , and they axed her the first chance they got, pure and simple.
Well, Hollywood enabled Weinstein for a quarter century, so no surprise for Gunn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2021, 11:20 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Well, Hollywood enabled Weinstein for a quarter century, so no surprise for Gunn.
Exactly. And that is all many of us here are saying. The hypocrisy being shown here is blatant.

Old 02-12-2021, 11:38 AM

6,665 posts, read 2,969,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
When she was sacked I jokingly thought to myself "maybe the Daily Wire will hire her to do a movie."

Well, that's exactly what happened.
How?!

So fast?!

Old 02-12-2021, 11:46 AM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Hate speech has no place in society.
From the party of Robert "KKK" Byrd, and Borok Farrakhan, the move against one actress means less than nothing

If she was a Dem like Robert Byrd, an actually KKK recruiter she would be rewarded with a US Senate seat

Old 02-12-2021, 12:02 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Gina Carano Announces New Film Project: ‘They Can’t Cancel Us If We Don’t Let Them’

Less than 24 hours after her explosive ouster from Star Wars series The Mandalorian for incendiary social media posts, Gina Carano has hit back at her detractors and revealed a new movie project she is making with conservative website The Daily Wire.

Carano told us today: “The Daily Wire is helping make one of my dreams — to develop and produce my own film — come true. I cried out and my prayer was answered. I am sending out a direct message of hope to everyone living in fear of cancellation by the totalitarian mob. I have only just begun using my voice which is now freer than ever before, and I hope it inspires others to do the same. They can’t cancel us if we don’t let them.â€

Old 02-12-2021, 12:23 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
How?!
Daily Wire had been working behind the scenes for a couple years to create a production company. They released their first film 3 weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
So fast?!
Ben Shapiro grew up in Hollywood and has a lot of connections in the industry, even if most aren't willing to publicly acknowledge their association with him. Other members of the Daily Wire crew have Hollywood connections too like Jeremy Boreing, and of course Andrew Klavan who was a prolific writer in Hollywood until he discovered he's actually a conservative (and so did they).

Old 02-12-2021, 12:35 PM

1,860 posts, read 1,246,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
She isnt being persecuted for it, she was just fired. She's not going to jail, prison being rounded up etc.
Youre right she isnt being PROSECUTED she is however definintely being persecuted.

The definition of persecution is hostility or ill treatment, especially because of race or politics or religious beliefs.

yep sounds about right to me

Old 02-12-2021, 01:13 PM

1,768 posts, read 567,778 times
Why was a freedom loving patriot working for an evil leftist indoctrination organization like Disney in the first place, hmmm?

Old 02-12-2021, 01:17 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Why was a freedom loving patriot working for an evil leftist indoctrination organization like Disney in the first place, hmmm?
Maybe because she, like most sane people, think it's bad for society for each side to exist only in its own little silo without ever interacting with the other side?

Unfortunately, one side is increasingly giving us no choice. And if this doesn't stop, it won't end well for this country.

Old 02-12-2021, 01:18 PM

6,665 posts, read 2,969,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Since when is Disney a good guy?

I guess the Left forgave Disney for it's White washed, racist, and anti-Semitic History?

Was all that Star Wars drama over Disney trying to buy their way into the SJW graces?
Maybe the Mouse isn't as omnipotent as they think.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies