Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2021, 02:25 PM

37,541 posts, read 21,742,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Here is what she said about Nazi Germany. Judge for yourself.
“Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children. Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views."
Thanks, I couldn't find it. Curious how all those articles blasting her for what she said, and they never printed what she said. Now that i read what she said, I know why; it was the truth.

What she said is on point. It's what they did in Germany. The government and the news media demonized the Jews, and the people started to hate them. German citizens were encouraged and prompted to turn on their neighbors. Today we are seeing people turning on each other, with factions within our government, the news media and social media all piling on. We saw a bit of this after 9/11, where people started to looked with suspicion towards anyone who looked like they may have Muslims. Now we are seeing it again, but along ideological lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2021, 02:29 PM

7,473 posts, read 3,978,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Biased, unbiased, coin-toss, best 3 of 5 rock/paper/scissors, I don't care. If I pay you to perform a service, I should be able to decide to stop paying you and stop accepting that service at any time, and for any reason I like, within the boundaries of the applicable laws. Period. The end.

That goes for conservatives, progressives, communists, libertarians, anarchists, any/all.
Thats their right. However it is not their right to lie about what she said. I don't think it is legal to fire someone just because of their political beliefs either............double edged sword

Old 02-13-2021, 02:32 PM

7,473 posts, read 3,978,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Thanks, I couldn't find it. Curious how all those articles blasting her for what she said, and they never printed what she said. Now that i read what she said, I know why; it was the truth.

What she said is on point. It's what they did in Germany. The government and the news media demonized the Jews, and the people started to hate them. German citizens were encouraged and prompted to turn on their neighbors. Today we are seeing people turning on each other, with factions within our government, the news media and social media all piling on. We saw a bit of this after 9/11, where people started to looked with suspicion towards anyone who looked like they may have Muslims. Now we are seeing it again, but along ideological lines.
This thread is also a perfect example of it..........Disney did not print her exact statement and simply lied about what she said to incite people against her.........and people who think as she does. Its exactly what the nazi's did. So Disney is in essence making her statement even more truthful.............

Old 02-13-2021, 02:34 PM

37,541 posts, read 21,742,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
this tard still gets his weekly Disney check without so much as a reprimand.
Because he hates Republicans, and Trump supporters. That's normal, according to the hate mongers on the left.

How can you apologize for such hate against children for no other reason than he disagrees with their political ideology, and pretend you are still a nice person? But then again, who hasn't publicly declared that they wanted to murder children in a gruesome and inhuman manner? I'm sure we have all done that... NOT. The man is disgusting, and yet "oops-a daisy, ya caught me," and all is forgiven.

Old 02-13-2021, 06:05 PM

30,430 posts, read 21,645,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Because he hates Republicans, and Trump supporters. That's normal, according to the hate mongers on the left.

How can you apologize for such hate against children for no other reason than he disagrees with their political ideology, and pretend you are still a nice person? But then again, who hasn't publicly declared that they wanted to murder children in a gruesome and inhuman manner? I'm sure we have all done that... NOT. The man is disgusting, and yet "oops-a daisy, ya caught me," and all is forgiven.
Of course all is forgiven if your a Dem, look who they got as a President, a Segregationist, and a man who backed a Bill to lock up young black men for minor drug offenses

Old 02-13-2021, 06:11 PM

30,430 posts, read 21,645,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitama View Post
i don't think she should have been fired for what she said. To me, this is not anti-Semitic, but it may have been an excuse to get rid of her and was the final straw. Who knows. I will say this though, have far right radical views in hollywood, or most anywhere is not going to get you anywhere.
"far right radical views" ? So who gets to determine how radical her views are, Hollywood? This is a group of people who covered for Roman Polanski, Woody Allen, and Harvey Weinstein for years. They deserve the right to judge no one

Old 02-13-2021, 07:21 PM

9,433 posts, read 10,704,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
No, it should not have gotten her fired. She said nothing remotely controversial or wrong and anyone who thinks she did is an idiot.

This action by Disney is scary as hell and everyone should be nervous with the way this country is headed, both liberal and conservative.
Corporations can legally discriminate against citizens for their political views. We hear constantly that speech has consequences....the leftist is very proud of the fact that they have figured out how to silence us.

We need state laws that prevent companies from doing this. We must do it soon before they fire all vocal
Conservatives from the big corporations. This is an end round to get by the constitution.....the government can’t silence you but your employer can. We need state legislation to stop this.

Old 02-13-2021, 08:22 PM
nng

695 posts, read 285,951 times
It's getting to the point where your employers can fire you for having any opinion that they don't like. Scary. I avoid posting anything political or controversial or anything about race on my social media because employers have the power to fire you over it. We've all said things in the heat of the moment or things we maybe shouldn't have said at times, but do people deserve to have their lives ruined over it? I don't think so. It's real scary. I only post memes on my Facebook, the
Fact that they can fire you for posting anything on social media they don't like is awful. it's scary as hell where this society and country is headed. Having the wrong opinion or views in this PC society gets you fired.

Old 02-13-2021, 08:44 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,443,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
It's getting to the point where your employers can fire you for having any opinion that they don't like. Scary. I avoid posting anything political or controversial or anything about race on my social media because employers have the power to fire you over it. We've all said things in the heat of the moment or things we maybe shouldn't have said at times, but do people deserve to have their lives ruined over it? I don't think so. It's real scary. I only post memes on my Facebook, the
Fact that they can fire you for posting anything on social media they don't like is awful. it's scary as hell where this society and country is headed. Having the wrong opinion or views in this PC society gets you fired.
These are acts of terrorism instigated by some of the most insidious, evil people on Earth. However, just like the radical Islamic terrorists - who they tend to be remarkably sympathetic towards - they clearly seem to regard these savage actions as acts of virtue. Among an army of demons, perhaps. But among civil and generally peaceful people, obviously not.

Old 02-14-2021, 06:19 AM

28,396 posts, read 16,236,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Thats their right. However it is not their right to lie about what she said. I don't think it is legal to fire someone just because of their political beliefs either............double edged sword
Did Disney lie about what she said?

Political beliefs are not a protected class at any level of government, that I'm aware of. If Disney broke the law or violated her contract by firing her, I'm certain her management and legal team will be all over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies