Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 07:09 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Doxing FYI is used by both sides and I hate it. So we agree there. However holding someone accountable to what they did or said though in for is different. It is what we have done as a society for years. Why do we want to change that now?
Taking things out of context, and or editing videos for slant, then canceling someone is so much different than holding someone accountable. Not saying that is the case here, but this is what has been happening with this cancel culture. You may be fine with that , I am not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2021, 07:12 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Taking things out of context, and or editing videos for slant, then canceling someone is so much different than holding someone accountable. Not saying that is the case here, but this is what has been happening with this cancel culture. You may be fine with that , I am not.
What videos were edited? As I've said, I stayed out of it because I have other things to do that are more important than trying to get someone fired for what they said or try to have that person keep their job.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:12 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Doxing FYI is used by both sides and I hate it. So we agree there. However holding someone accountable to what they did or said though in for is different. It is what we have done as a society for years. Why do we want to change that now?
No, both sides do not use it.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:13 AM

6,667 posts, read 2,972,733 times
Don't mess with Disney's Money.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:18 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
What videos were edited? As I've said, I stayed out of it because I have other things to do that are more important than trying to get someone fired for what they said or try to have that person keep their job.
This , right here is what everyone should be doing. It isn't the case though.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Nazi or holocaust comparisons are not good period. .
Which is why I eyeroll when people compare Trump to Hitler and anyone Not Left enough to Nazis.
But that can be done all day long with cheers.

/shrug

Old 02-11-2021, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
No, it should not have gotten her fired. She said nothing remotely controversial or wrong and anyone who thinks she did is an idiot.

This action by Disney is scary as hell and everyone should be nervous with the way this country is headed, both liberal and conservative.
I think she knew exactly what she was doing and just didn't give a dang.
She doesn't seem like to type to stand down to a bully.
She will be fine.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:24 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Don't mess with Disney's Money.

This. Right here.

Comparing anything that isn't an actual genocide to the Holocaust is mind-numbingly stupid. Doing so publicly, when you're famous, is almost certain to have repercussions. Especially when you're an expendable, fringe asset.

I'm not Jewish, but I don't think what she said was that offensive, unfortunately for her the social pendulum hasn't swung back from the "one strike, you're out" territory, yet.

I'd be curious to hear what our resident Jews, especially our conservative Jews, think about it, however.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:26 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Correction, only certain people. If she was left leaning, not a thing would have happened to her.
True. She would be branded a hero for attacking conservatives.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:29 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,448 times
Quote:
Do you stand by a private entity ending their relationship with her based on what she says? I may like her a an actor but what she said unless you are a right wing news station, should get you fired. Plain and simple.
No, I do not. What people do outside of work is their business. How far do you want this to go? Should a business be able to fire you for ANYTHING you do outside of work they disagree with (eg. smoking, drinking responsibly, going to church, going to synagogue, donating to a democrat/republican, etc)?

I already know where you are headed with this. You are trying to "trap" me into saying I believe in non-democratic regulation of businesses. Actually, the censorship the left advocates for is the undemocratic thing to do. Standing up for individual rights IS the democratic thing to do, and it is what most conservatives stand for and the left is against (not liberals but the progressive left). It is all about individual rights. It is what this country was founded on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies