Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 07:47 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times

Advertisements

If this bothers you, cancel Disney. Do not compromise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2021, 08:02 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
If you're saying Carano got fired for being a conservative...

What you're really saying is that antisemitism, racism, transphobia and conspiracy theories are a natural part of being a conservative to you.
Lol....no, it's just that you can get away with a lot of that in Hollywood but if your a conservative it's not given a pass but rather used as the excuse.

I mean seriously, you can make it for decades in Hollywood as a known pedophile, rapist and claim Bush blew up levees, 911 was inside job and that vaccines cause autism and a host of other conspiracies.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:08 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
A great part of that video is how it exposes the virulent abuse she was receiving on Twitter ... so much actual hate! And these loons are not banned!...and how Disney bowed to the baying mob to fire her.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:18 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
No, both sides do not use it.
Doxxing, they all do.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:20 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
This , right here is what everyone should be doing. It isn't the case though.
It wasn't important enough and I don't spend much time on social media, especially Twitter. However the right is just as guilty on canceling as the left, the right just comains when they are canceled, not when they cancel someone...

Old 02-11-2021, 08:24 AM

29,501 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
A great part of that video is how it exposes the virulent abuse she was receiving on Twitter ... so much actual hate! And these loons are not banned!...and how Disney bowed to the baying mob to fire her.
And how far will things like this go, and where will it stop ?

Will it eventually go so far as canceling anyone that has a differing opinion than the majority ? I don't believe black people are being hunted by the police. I've been called a racist bootlicker for this. Had I been a celebrity, I'd most certainly have been "cancelled".

Where will this stop ?

Old 02-11-2021, 08:25 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,016,556 times
This shows how soft and pathetic the left wants everyone to be. The Jews in the Holocaust were massacred and lived under an actual authoritarian regime. Modern day society wants to destroy someone's life and reputation because they have a different opinion. Whether you agree with her or not, only a whiney pathetic and weak crybaby wants to destroy someone's life because they expressed an opinion you don't like. The left has openly called for violence against Trump supporters yet you never see these leftist whiners complain about that. This is just another example that the left thinks being offended gives them the right to be a bully.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:26 AM

6,671 posts, read 2,975,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It wasn't important enough and I don't spend much time on social media, especially Twitter. However the right is just as guilty on canceling as the left, the right just comains when they are canceled, not when they cancel someone...
Left has been cancelling since the early 90's. This is their bag.

And then of course cry foul when responded in kind. I see that paralleled in the riots last year. Going buck wild but then the right decides to storm the Capitol building and it's the apocalypse.

Cancelling Disproportionately, mind you. I know the Left likes that word.
You really think the Right does this more or even the same as the Left? where you been?

Cancel Culture is a product of the Left.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:27 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Hate speech has no place in society.
It REALLY shouldn't be more complex than this. We're a CIVILIZATION. There is an implicit mandate towards CIVILIZED behavior.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:27 AM

29,501 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The majority of people on the left are on the social media sites that are the ones doing the "canceling", such as Twitter. So if the right is doing it , I'm not sure what platform they are doing it on. Not saying they aren't, just not seeing as much of it, or any success in doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies